aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

discussing series 4 [SPOILERS!]

1. Erendis
    Erendis
    Seriously, the previous episode may have been one of my favourites, but that may be because I love drama <3 And Gwen is coming back next week!!!!
  2. rou
    rou
    almost saturday again, god, time flies...

so what was episode 11 about?

a f*cking awesome princess!!!
    mithian was gorgeous!
    beautiful, smart, funny and very nice towards merlin

i really wished she would have stayed. if not for to marry arthur then to, dunno, stay for diplomatical reasons or maybe she could marry leon?

for the boys: i justed wanted to hit them over the head - both of them!

Merlin: "It is Arthur's fate to marry Gwen."

pray tell, great dragon, did you - e v e r - mentioned Gwen while talking about albion, the future and DESTINY??

N O

arthur would have shot and killed his future queen if it hadn't been for merlin!!!

eye-sex. EYE_SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!

and arthur was a prat as well

one moment you shout at and threaten your "old" and "extremly loyal" FRIEND to send him to exil for trying to save your royal backside AGAIN, next moment you ask for his advice like nothing has happened

btw, i'm convinced that deep down in the hidden dungeons of the bbc, protected by trolls, dragons and janitors, there's a lil box. and in this box is the original script for this scene

anything else?

yes

FORESHADOWING.

my answer to his question:

because deep down you understand why he didn’t tell you right from the start. even though you feel hurt and disappointed about when in the years to follow he didn’t tell and lied to you, you understand that it wasn’t about not trusting in you, it was because he needed to stay by your side, to make sure you’d be safe; without making you choose between your father, the laws of your kingdom you serve and defend so proudly and honourably everyday, and your loyal friend who laid down his life for you countless times.

because now that you know, you begin to see him for who he really is, the sacrifices he has made for you just because he believes in you.

because his betrayal hurt him as much as it hurts you and nevertheless he decided to carry this burden alone.

because he stayed by your side, no matter what.

because you are two sides of the same coin.

because he loves you

and dear writers/director and - gods - actors!!!
    this last scene
    those looks
    REALLLY???!!!!

okay then, tomorrow: the beginning of the end

3. rou
    rou
    okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

i'm still not over this episode

the first time i watched it: at 4 AM after my birthday party, which was fantastic, and when i was happy, dead tired, abit drunk and thought the day couldn't be more awesome.....

i squealed so f*cking much

but before i'm gonna fangirl the hell outofhere, the one thing i dislike about this episode:

Merlin and his use of the spell to control Arthur

i understand, at the beginnig, he used it for good intentions.
    maybe he didn't lift the spell as soon as he could, cos he didn't know how to? it wouldnt be the first time.
    i believe when he started to take advantage of arthur's state, it was nothing but a joke to him - cos he's still young and not perfect.

and that's what it was to the writers as well: an element of comic relief for an episode that was rather serious and dark.

in the fandom, there have been comparisons to the Imperius curse in Harry Potter.
    i don't think that it was exactly the same, but rather a spell that stripped arthur of his defiance - he still acted on his own in some ways.
    but there are some similarities to harry potter, similarities the writers must have been aware of, similarities that the humorous moments cannot make up to.

i didn't like it, didn't like that merlin mixed up arthur's mind, used his magic on(/against?) arthur in a way, i believe, he's most scared; i think it was wrong and - idealising merlin to somethig he isn't - i wished the writers had found another way to solve this.

but, omg the results...

however, from the beginning:

(movement of colin' eyes.... just saying.)

then: some fighting

hurt & betrayl:

arthur giving birth to their second child:

l o l

and now give it up for

arthur, the simpleton

i am used to bradley/arthur being too hawt for his own good.
    i am used to bradley being funny.
    i am used to not only colin but also bradley making my cry or just watching in awe cos he's brrilliant.

but i wasn't prepared for all this:

from hence on, one of my most fav. moments ever, cos after laughing my ass of watching it for the first time, all i see now is:
    the care and fondness in merlin's whistle and his small smile, and arthur's absolute trust

~ so i cannot be hold responsible for anything from here on, cos i just read the dialogue teasers for the last episode.
    so

~

i hate myself for posting this, but o m g

"you don't say."

think of new zealand's capital city and find the mistake:

so, since 2x08 everyone knows what merlin/arthur campfire scenes are about...

and yet TPTB decided to put 2, t w o, not one but two - d u e - d e u x - z w e i - д в а - t w e e - i k i - T W O
    f*cking campfire scenes into one episode!!!!

what else did i get from thie episode:

BAMF! GWAINE

short return of the merthur mother:

and yep, gwen's back

4. DangerousAngel
    DangerousAngel
    OMG! rou you're the best, love your recap for this episode will spam more after the goodbye of season 4, I mean last episode

5. Mellusia
    Mellusia
    Omg, I finally finished watching season 4. I just...

SO MANY FEELINGS

This is why I shouldn't watch all the episodes in one sitting. Now I want season 5 to just be here, right now.

AND HERE ARE MY RAMBLINGS. MY APOLOGIES.

I have to say, I friggin' love Dragoon. Colin does a fantastic job playing that persona, and I love how Bradley pulled off sombre/serious/regretful/heartbroken/sad/simpleton Arthur xD

But I was nearly in tears when they killed off Lancelot. I got so excited thinking he would miraculously come back from the dead, but not like that ;A;

At the very least, he was one of the few people Merlin could be relaxed around without fear (Let's see, there's Gaius, his mom, the dragon, the druids and that priest that know he has magic, that's it). Season 3 pretty much stuck Arthur and Gwen together for the rest of the series, so I liked having Lancelot as someone for Merlin (I squeed when Lance had Merlin in his arms in the beginning of season 4 ♥)

Than again, all the knights have a soft spot for him. They're assholes and tease him pretty hard, but they genuinely care, and they show it more than Arthur does, which I'm glad to see on Merlin's behalf. Poor boy only had Gaius for any affection for the longest time.

Seriously, there should be a Knights/Merlin pairing category. All of them too, not just one or two xD

Back on Lancelot, I'm glad they didn't make the the Lance/Gwen/Arthur love triangle as dark as it really is in the original stories. I'm not a Arthur/Gwen fan, but I'm not a basher either, so I'm glad it worked out nicely for story's sake (though I'm gonna start feeling guilty about wanting to pair Arthur and Merlin when Arthur and Gwen are clearly happy; it was so much easier when Lancelot or Morgana were around for me to pair to Gwen *sighs*).

Uther finally died, at last, but I felt so terrible for Merlin ;A;

And was I the only one disappointed that Gwen didn't find out about Merlin's power? I thought for sure he would chase after her as a deer, and she'd finally realize what had been going on since he could tell it was her (also an interesting point noted in the episode about Merlin's character being a vegetarian [though there's been scenes where he ate bird meat, so I don't know if that was just a slip-up, or if he's being selective])

Also: does anyone know what the significance of the white dragon was in regards to Morgana. All I gathered was that it likely saved her from dying, but why the heck was she so happy to see it (furthermore, why was Kilgharrah not looking after his little niece/nephew? I wanted to see him being all parental and shizz xD)

I really don't know how much longer Merlin can keep up though. Season 4 ended, and he's still a servant to Arthur (whose the friggin' King AND has Excalibur-what more does he need to do before he dies? Find the Holy Grail?), still hiding his powers, still getting pushed around and dismissed more often than not, still saving everyone's asses. You know this can only be possible in a t.v. show when the protagonist just sighs and get's on with his life to deal with all the stress.
  6. FakeFlower101
    FakeFlower101
    I can't comment because I just don't like the outcome. I really wanted the dark love triangle and I didn't get it. Season 5 will be painful for me I just don't think Gwen and Arthur are in any way an interesting couple. Lance and Gwen had 1000000000000000000000000x more chemistry. Okay, I don't think that was even a number

MAGIC REVEAL IN SEASON 5 OR THERE WILL BE BLOOD.

think of new zealand's capital city and find the mistake:

Is it bad that I laughed?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456