aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Help Discussion

1. Chawsu
    Chawsu
    Halite75 - I see, I sometimes use magic wand tool, I didn't know about background eraser tool. Thank you.

*runs to find the tool*
  2. Halite75
    Halite75
    Hmm. I hadn't tried using the background eraser with CS3 yet when I told you I used it. It doesn't seem to work as well as it did in CS1--not sure why.

I did do some pen tool rendering yesterday and that is pretty effective, but I find you still have to clean it up with the eraser tool.
  3. Flei
    Flei
    The pen tool is the best for rendering an image; I don't use it though because I hate it. so. much. ;;

If it's for a simple image on a single-color background, I use the magic wand tool like Halite75.

For more complex backgrounds, I either use the eraser tool for a quick (and not so great...) render. If I want to render everything precisely and nicely, I use the lasso tool.
  4. Halite75
    Halite75
    I guess I'm weird since I get the best results when rendering with the eraser tool. I set the zoom to 300-600%.
  5. Flei
    Flei
    Halite75: That's because you actually take your time and do a good job. xD

I only spend 1-2 minutes erasing whatever I don't want to get it over with. orz I hate rendering so much.
  6. Chawsu
    Chawsu
    Flei - Halite75 - I have problems using the pen tool, I get confused about the setting and in the end, the selection can't be make.
  7. Halite75
    Halite75
    Yeah, pentool confused me at first too. You just need to think of it like you are cutting out shapes from your render. In order to complete a shape you have to connect your first point to your last point. Then you can create a selection which you can then delete from your main image.
  8. Erotic Devil
    Erotic Devil

I dont know what else to do with it.
    I need help.
    Is it better without the white splatted stuff?
    I like the whiteness of it but I feel like it so plain, I can't really think what else to do with it since the artwork is already good as it is. So what can I do with it? I was thinking of patterns but uhh..cant really think if patterns would do the trick. Any ideas?

Yesss.. I will tone down his skin later. Look abit too orange-ish. Didnt look like that when I was looking @ my laptop.
  9. Flei
    Flei
    Erotic Devil: Well, I think there are two ways you could go with this sig: You could either keep the splatter and add a few simple brushes/textures of remove the splatter and add patterns, C4Ds, and/or textures.

If you keep the splatter, maybe you could add a simple background like this? It's just three lines of color with some distortion and warp effects.

If you remove the splatter, you could add green/yellow C4Ds, a light pattern, and perhaps some splatters with a layer mask of various parts of the sig.

Uh, I hope this rather vague and short post was helpful. ;; I can't say much because... Well, the sig style is very different from my own. Don't know what would work best, so I'm just sayin' what I think would look good. XD
  10. DaemonDragon
    DaemonDragon
    What methodology do you use when making sigs? When I try to make a sig, I grab a render, but have close to no idea what I want it to look like, so I just mess around for ages in PS: I know I'm doing it wrong. So what set of steps do you go through?

How suitable are fractal artworks or artifacts as textures or overlays?
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast