aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Help Discussion

1. BlackCoffee
    BlackCoffee
    Haha. That's ok..I tried your way when it didn't work I forced them in there with the manuel way ..it took a while but victory was mineeeee And I was wondering if someone can give me some constuctive critism? I can upload here if anyone is willing to deal with my lack of skill at photoshop at the moment..but I'm trying to improve myself.I'll be ever so greatful
  2. KittyLitter
    KittyLitter
    Hey!
    I don't know if there's a solution to my problem, lol, but every time I make a graphic from a print screen, the quality is a bit crappy (always talking about print screens from HQ videos).

I know there's a way to correct it because I've seen really good graphics from print screened photos. What I don't know is if it has to do with the way I short of copy/paste it in the document, or if there's a special thing I must do in photoshop to correct it.

I've tried to brighten the colours and stuff but it gets worse xD And I'm sure it does not have to do with the size of the image, because even the icons are not good
  3. Halite75
    Halite75
    It is generally hard(er) to get good results with screen shots. What size monitor are you using? If you are using a large monitor, then it is probably making them slightly blurry or pixelated.

When I get screen captures off of DVDs, the max pic sizes are usually either 640 x 480 OR 852 x 480. So this means that if you are getting screen caps larger than that, they will be slightly blurry and/or pixelated.

When I use them, I usually end up completely changing their colors, usually using different layer blending options.

Here's a wallpaper I made using a screen cap off of an .avi file from the internet: http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/w...iPuppyWall.jpg

Here's the original screen cap using the print screen method of copying it: http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/w...ichiPuppy1.png

I believe I used a hard light blending option to brighten it up.

My old signature was also made using screen caps. This is one where I completely changed the original colors, which turned out to my liking.

My siggy: http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/w...irakuSiggy.jpg

One of the original pictures, taken using the built in screen cap that comes with the DVD watching software: http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/w...uff/cap366.png

I used the vivid light blending option on this one.
  4. KittyLitter
    KittyLitter
    oh ok! thanks =] I'll use your tips then! And your graphics are quite awesome *-*
  5. vizard light
    vizard light
    I need help in taking screen shorts
    whenever I took screen shot by print screen..all I got is black page
  6. Halite75
    Halite75
    Thanks, Kitty Litter. My graphics are actually pretty mediocre compared to most of the other graphic gurus, but I'll take any compliments gladly.

@Viz Are you doing it in Windows Media Player? You have to change a setting in the player. The same thing used to happen to me too.

Go to Tools-->Options-->Advanced--make sure "Use overlays" AND "Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration" are not checked.
  7. vizard light
    vizard light
    It worked !!!!! thanks Halite
  8. vizard light
    vizard light
    Where do you all get the creative ideas?
    Did they just pop up when you see the picture?
    Or do you get inspiration from elsewhere?
  9. KittyLitter
    KittyLitter
    personally i think it's a bit from everything xD
    When I see a picture I really like I immediately make a set or a wallpaper out of it.
    But also sometimes I see a really good graphic and I try to copy the technique or just use it in my own way.
    Most of the times though, I just try new things in photoshop and I make good graphics by mistake xD
  10. khoakhung
    khoakhung
    no, i just think "Hhum..did i do that yet ? let me look for a pic aha ! this would be good for this person, huhm..maybe i shoudl try this, dun dun dun !! "
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast