aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Set Makers Etiquette!

1. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Well I dunno if I should've started a whole thread for this but oh well

Maybe this can be a thread for pet peeves that set makers could share or something XD

Anywho, my etiquette question has to do with when to "wear" a set and how long to wear it.

I have like a whole slew of sets (well, sigs) waiting for me, from my contest and from auction. But I like my current sig so much, I don't wanna get rid of it just yet T.T And there are some coming up that I know I'm gonna wanna wear for weeks if not months.

Even if the buyer/winner promises to wear you set sometime in the future, do you still get irked if you don't see it right away?? What's your point of no return? A month? 3 months? 6 months and they still haven't worn your set??

Just curious XD Please share... am feeling all clueless >.< as usual
  2. Halite75
    Halite75
    I usually wear a set from a minimum of 3 days up to about 1 week. I've seen some people wear sets for 1 day or less and I just think that is kind of rude to the set maker.

I actually do keep track of what sets I have and have not used yet, since I fully intend to use every set I have. Now, since I wear each set for 3-7 days, it takes me a long time to work through using all the sets I have because I am a total set addict and keep acquiring new sets.

So, I totally understand someone not wearing my sets immediately, BUT some people have never used the sets I made them (and holding contests saying they have no sets to wear too!!) and I do find that extremely annoying. I'd rather give my sets away for free to people who will actually wear them than have someone 1) Use it for only 1 day or 2) Never wear it at all.

Regarding etiquette, I just think if you buy/win/are given a set you should wear it at some point. If you don't think you will use the set, then you should give it back to the set maker so they can find someone who can use it or they can use it themselves.
  3. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    BUT some people have never used the sets I made them (and holding contests saying they have no sets to wear too!!)
    Awwww, I can see how that would really hurt your feelings That is really an insensitive thing to do. But perhaps the person misplaced the image or forgot they had a set done by you??? One can only hope so

I could never use a sig just for one day ... I mean if you don't like it enough to use for more than one day, then why ask for it?

Oh, that's why I tend to not go to graphics shops anymore ... unless I know the artist XD It stinks when the artist would make a set for me and I didn't like it; I was always too shy and afraid of hurting their feelings to ask them to change it. I don't think I would be so shy nowadays, but I'm scared of having that happen, so I tend to avoid shops

That and they're always closed
  4. Halite75
    Halite75
    Heh, well those people that hold contests that never bothered to wear my sets, get no entries from me ever again. The only exception would be if they have a rule in their contest saying I get to keep my sets if they don't want them--then I will consider entering.

Yeah, I don't go to the shops much (they are usually closed), but I will ask for minor changes sometimes. However, I will wear the set they made me regardless if I absolutely LOVE it or not just because they went to the trouble to make it for me. Most of my sets have been acquired through auctions though. I just can't stop myself.
  5. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    AUCTIONS!!! I love/hate them I am never around to bid at the end, so I place super high bids. Turns out everyone hates me for that T.T

So no more auctions for Artemis T.T

I think I will just beg people in chat to make me sigs XD
  6. Halite75
    Halite75
    Meh, I'm sure no one hates you. I hardly ever see you in auctions anyways.

Does begging work? *mind starts churning on how to acquire more sets*
  7. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Well yeah, begging works XD Also if you go on and on enough about how much you like a certain pairing, people make you sets just so you'll shut up about them XD

In a way, I hate having such a backlog of beautiful sigs! I want to get to the next one, but I'm reluctant to put aside the current one. I really think some people are going to have to wait a looooooooong time to see their sigs >.< But I will wear them all eventually

Well I only bid in the auctions 2-3 times I think
  8. aislinnelise
    aislinnelise
    So, I totally understand someone not wearing my sets immediately, BUT some people have never used the sets I made them (and holding contests saying they have no sets to wear too!!) and I do find that extremely annoying.
    I just noticed this thread and I totally understand what you are talking about Halite. I have entered quite a few set contests lately and it gets really frustrating when you submit several entries, don't win, but the person says they are going to keep all of the sets, then never wears your sets. I have had some of those people later come and request sets in my shop...with the statement that they don't have any new sets to wear

Artemis, I think that it is perfectly fine to wear your sets for a long time, especially if you love them, as long as you intend to wear the other sets you have at a later date. I personally like the wear my sets for about 3 days at a time, and have finally gotten to the point where I only have about 15 that I haven't used yet. This means I can go back and wear some of my favorites again soon...
  9. Himmelmez
    Himmelmez
    Regarding this, I have another question.. what would you do if you have a set from a looong time ago, still unused, but forgot who made it?
  10. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I wore it and advertised that I didn't know who made it. Unfortunately, the set maker never came forward!!! But it's possible s/he would see it and say something then you could edit and credit properly.

I don't know how you guys only wear sets for 3 days ... I seriously have to wear mine for 2-3 weeks or longer. I've worn favorites for months!!! But that's hard to do when you have so many waiting to be used

EDIT: And I just realized I'm probably going to set a record this xmas. I never wore my Secret Santa holiday set b/c it was delivered post-holidays Well, I'm gonna wear it this year and prolly make that person stop hating me and instead jump for joy XDDD
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast