aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Set Makers Etiquette!

1. aislinnelise
    aislinnelise
    I make a list...(totally addicted to lists) Where I put a name for the set then the set maker next to it. And I know of at least one person who has an excel spreadsheet with them in it. Another person renames the sigs with the setmaker's name in the title to help them remember.

But if you don't remember I would go with Arte's suggestion. Try advertising in the request section.

And sometimes I wear them longer. I just have so many that I love, I want to wear them as soon as possible.
  2. Himmelmez
    Himmelmez
    @Artemis & aislinn: Hmm I see, I may do that then
    Yeah I understand what you mean, my minimum limit is 1 week. Usually I wear them for 2 weeks, or more. When I was less active, I wore my set for months, cause I just love it

Btw, I eny you guys who have so much sets to use! XD I used to have more sets than I could use too, but nowadays I can hardly get a spot in a shop You're all lucky! XD
  3. Halite75
    Halite75
    I keep my sets in folders on my computer labeled with the set maker's name and in each folder I have a "used" folder to put the ones I've already worn.

When I had fewer sets, I wore them longer. But now that I have so many, I wear them for shorter periods so that people won't get angry at me for not wearing their sets. When I run out of sets, I'll just start wearing some of my favorites again.

Himmelmez, I hardly ever get any sets from shops. Auctions, auctions, auctions--that is were most of my most recently acquired sets are from.
  4. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I get most of my sets from contests (you can make friends with great set makers like that, too). In my last contest, all the sets were gorgeous, even though they weren't all to my taste. Set contests can be a little unfair b/c generally the people who know me best have the better advantage...

I also have won two sets in auction, and have others that people just made for me while we were chatting, etc.

Himmel-chan, if you come into chat a lot and get to know the lovely set makers, you can prolly request from them from time to time They are all so nice.
  5. Himmelmez
    Himmelmez
    Oh Halite, you know you'll never get to a point where you'll start wearing some of your favourites again, since you'll keep going aquiring new sets! XD

@Artemis: Which chat? Aarin chat? Aarin spamm section? graphic makers section? Does that exist?
  6. cabbit_girl
    cabbit_girl
    oh i'm a bit different...esp since I dun match my ava to my sig

i tend to change my sig based on how I feel so sometimes I wear for a few hours and sometimes a week...i just use the sig that matches my mood

my ava i usually like to wear a bit longer cuz the avas I use I pick based on how i want ppl to picture me XD (okay thats a bit weird)

and lol i actually get most of my sets from chats...flashchat, chatango, livestream chats, and vms XD
  7. Himmelmez
    Himmelmez
    You can aquire sets through chats.... wow... *learns something new everyday*

@cabbit: nah I don't think it's weird ^^ Since the ava is the 'most important' pic on a forum normally, it's not strange at all!
  8. Halite75
    Halite75
    You're probably right, Himmel! I'm such an addict!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, well since I am too shy to go into live chats, I will never get any sets that way.
  9. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong

DON'T BE SHY!!!!!!!!!!!! Just click on the "Chat" button up top. If you're soooo shy, just wait until you see my name at the bottom of the screen so you know I'm on; I promise I will talk to you!!!!
  10. Himmelmez
    Himmelmez
    Oh so you meant the aarin chat after all ^^

Halite, I feel the same way. It's sometimes hard to get people talk to you when they don't know you But since Artemis has kindly offered...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast