aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Greatest abuse of ukefying a character in anime

1. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    Ok, we all know we hate the ukefying (Yeah I just made up the word!) of characters, that have no business being ukes in a pairing, let alone wimpering, trembling little ukes at that. Which characters would you say have been the most abused in fanfic? Which characters are most often portrayed like this, when in the anime and manga, they don't even show a single sign that they could ever be so vulnerable?
  2. simplyme
    simplyme
    Naruto.
    There has been even a social group created recently just to ukefy (lol?) him to the max. How on earth did the fandom manage to turn him into not only an uke, but a blond trembling brainless Naruto-chan?
  3. PollyW
    PollyW
    I agree. Unbeatable, never giving-up guy is shown as a trembling virgin with tears in his eyes. It is against logic. Not wanting to kill the guy, who was his friend (or rather one of the persons, who acknowledged him) is not the reason to lay on the back being raped without lifting the finger! Bleargh! Even if the fanfic makes him a girl in a secret it is not a justification. Naruto as a girl should be a kick-ass kunoichi! Slapping guys with too free hands. Or kicking them as a guy .
  4. PollyW
    PollyW
    In between social groups here there is even "Uke Naruto-Chan Molestation"! The people, who like ukefying (good word!) heroes are everywhere! I start to feel paranoic. We need to put the rule for fanfiction and dj: write "there is an ukefyication" when needed!
  5. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    "Uke Naruto-Chan Molestation"?!?!

Er ... no. Just, no.

Uke Abuse in Bleach
    Renji and Byakuya both. Now I live and breathe RenBya, but I have no aesthetic problems with ByaRen [I won't read it but I sincerely respect it]. What I DO NOT CONDONE is when either of the boys is reduced to a trembling, weepy-eyed virgin. Or rather, I hate most especially when the argument against Byakuya being an uke is that "he's too proud; he would never give in." I'm sorry, but when does being on the bottom in a sexual/romantic relationship equate "giving in"??? Are women who have sex with their male partners in missionary position essentially "giving in"? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So then I wonder why it is that RenIchi fans but Renji on top ... hmm? Suddenly he's all seme material. And in RenIchi pairing, how often do you see Ichigo trembling on his knees, afraid of losing his precious milk-white virginity? NEVER. Because it is wrong, oh so wrong.

Uke Abuse in Kyou Kara Maou

There used to be a regular member who swore up and down that she favored GunGwen over GwenGun. Have you ever accidentally read a GunGwen fic? I have.

Oh, the trauma ...

I've got more but I'm supposed to be doing something else right now
  6. simplyme
    simplyme
    GunGwen? I wanna read it, give us the link.
    What's the point in writing Byakuya as trembling virgin, it's not Byakuya anymore.

And Allen from DGM! OK, so he might be cute but he does have a strong personality. I hate fics where he's everybody's uke or doesn't fight back when he's abused.
  7. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    And Allen from DGM! OK, so he might be cute but he does have a strong personality. I hate fics where he's everybody's uke or doesn't fight back when he's abused.
    I actually haven't read any Allen fics, but I totally agree. He's an uke (perhaps, but that's just because of his age), but I don't see him lying trembling on the ground just ready to take it *barf*

In fact Allen is so uke and hence ripe for uke abuse that I prefer him straight and with Lenalee

Oh yeah, and as for the GunGwen, gosh, that was a couple years ago, and HELL NO I didn't bookmark that shite
  8. simplyme
    simplyme
    In fact Allen is so uke and hence ripe for uke abuse that I prefer him straight and with Lenalee
    Please don't say things like this when I'm nearby.
  9. Arigatomina
    Arigatomina
    Definitely Allen and Naruto. I intentionally avoid fanfiction that place them as ukes, so I can't speak about the quality of those. But on the doujinshi scene, maybe 2/100 Naruto-uke djs *don't* feature him as a five year old. It's not enough to make him bottom and crying and submissive, he has to be shrunken and babyfied in order to spread them for his overly adult partner. Because chibis are "cute". Because chubby little arms and legs make the uke more adorable. Because the bigger the eyes, the more he can cry. I've seen a lot of Allen-uke djs that portay him the same way - a crying infant. Yeah, he's younger than the other guys by a few years, and he *is* polite and used to being bossed around by a sadistic older man, but he's got that psychotic grin and kick-ass innocence and he's going to shoot up a few feet another year or two. Like Naruto, he'd make a good "strong boyish uke" if people would just draw (write) him the way he is in the series.

I also strongly dislike Heero (Gundam Wing) as a wide-eyed crybaby uke. He's mister "I'm going to kill you" Yuy. And Sanji (One Piece) as an innocent and scared little virgin. He's gotta be as sexed up as they come and there is *nothing* doe-eyed and tearful about any One Piece guys, let alone him.
  10. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Please don't say things like this when I'm nearby.
    Did I say straight? I'm sorry. I meant gay. Gay, gay, gay. Allen "Super Gay" Walker! XD

It's not enough to make him bottom and crying and submissive, he has to be shrunken and babyfied in order to spread them for his overly adult partner. Because chibis are "cute". Because chubby little arms and legs make the uke more adorable. Because the bigger the eyes, the more he can cry.
    Blerrrrrgh, that apt description is making my dinner want to come back up

So, so true. I skip most RenBya doujinshi b/c Byakuya is always portrayed as a wide-eyed 12-year-old girl.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast