aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Greatest abuse of ukefying a character in anime

1. PollyW
    PollyW
    Oh, everyone can be made into a blushing, helples uke. Forget Kurama from YYH, a lot of people have done it with Hiei in doujinshins! He is made into an adorable, blushing baby in a dress, who has no clue about sex! He, one of the most dangerous demons, hating to show any weakness and old enough to know exactly what sex is, even if he does not show any interest in it. If he had seen such doujinshisns, he would skewer the author with his sword.
  2. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    OMG Blu Chocobo I know, the Kaidoh weeping is just maddening. I mean, has the artist ever actually SEEN the anime? The best part about Kaidoh is the surly behavior. He's adorable when he blushes, but he's still surly, if not more so when made to blush lol.

And I agree Lady Fox Glove. L especially seems to get this treatment and it drives me crazy. He's so haphazard in the way he looks, he's so intense, that I could hardly ever picture him as some weeping pretty pouty thing. lol. That's not his appeal.
  3. Qwertzu
    Qwertzu
    hi everybody, I am proud to join this group!

any DBZ fans here? you know really rubs me the wrong way? ukefied Vegeta, ffs! my proud badass the-walking-attitude prince as weeping shy scared uke... I mean, wtf!? It´s Vegeta we are talking about!
  4. Arigatomina
    Arigatomina
    @PollyW - I think depicting Hiei as a little kid in a dress is just done as a joke *because* he's such a badass. Sort of like taking Toguro and putting a schoolgirl uniform on him. It's supposed to be wildly out of character and cracktastic. The "clueless about sex" aspect is one I flipflop with. How old is he??? It's never established. Yukina is short and childish compared to the adult koorime, Hiei's the same age as her, so are they still juveniles? Or is the shortness entirely due to the father and they're as tall as they'll ever get? If Hiei is still an adolescent, I'd buy into him not knowing about sex - he was a fast little kid so no one would have caught and "taught" him the way it's done. He'd only know what he's seen secondhand. If he's an adult, he'd know as much about that as he does about everything. He's so wonderfully jaded. ^^

@Qwertzu - Yes! It drives me nuts how people will do such good characterization for all the DBZ characters and then when they get to Vegeta he's crying in every scene, can't stand up on his own, crumbles at the first sign of pressure, and constantly needs his big bad seme to save him. Vegeta's a whipping boy in most of the series, but he hates it and he fights against it and he's a violent little sh*t - that's what makes him great.
  5. Purogia
    Purogia
    Wait, why would anyone even try putting Vegeta into the crying uke archetype? That has to be the most wrong thing I've heard related to yaoi short of kid stuff (yes, I have a Hitsugaya card, but I've always seen him as more a midget than a kid). Seriously, I can see Vegeta getting it from good 'ol Kakarot, but come on, it's two Saiyan warriors going at it that way, not one plus a doe-eye...

For the record, hey. I had to join since doe eyes make me want to stab. I scared one guy with my saying that about Ayase...
  6. invidqueen
    invidqueen
    Hi, I just joined. I laughed so hard reading the comments. Finally someone is admitting that sometimes the uke is just toooooo uke to be tolerated. I mean come on, Ayase from Okane ga nai is really a girl. They just dont know it. That's why they never really show his genetalia. His apperance defeats the point of boy's love. I haven't seen the doujinshi starring Kaidoh. I don't think I could stand it. Remember the episode when Innui called him but the only word Kaidoh caught was date? It took him hours to get to the park to meet up with the gang. If Kaidoh swung that way, he would be the seme and Innui would be the uke!!!
  7. Grawsparrv
    Grawsparrv
    *sighs*

Really, it's retarded. I've been with both women and men, and I've topped both. What is it about being the "uke" that makes the artists/writers start to write/draw lies?

Come on... it doesn't _look_ like that! Not even the actual sex, damnit!
    And tears... oh, gods. TEARS?! When the f*ck did it become sexy and hot?!

As I said; it's retarded and a damn lie.

By the way; I would LOVE to see a doujinshi that shows RenBya/ByaRen as they look and as they ARE. With their ego and all. And strength and skill and gods - everything that makes those men sexy.
    You know - as men and NOT weeping females?
  8. FiresFlame
    FiresFlame
    the point of yaoi is no females... maybe we should tell our authors that.
  9. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    If only I could draw, you would see such a glorious thing, Grawsparrv

Until then, just read my fics
  10. Grawsparrv
    Grawsparrv
    *purrrrr*

Well, now... Show me the money, honey, and I might draw it for you ;D
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast