aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Greatest abuse of ukefying a character in anime

1. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    It's not enough to make him bottom and crying and submissive, he has to be shrunken and babyfied in order to spread them for his overly adult partner. Because chibis are "cute". Because chubby little arms and legs make the uke more adorable. Because the bigger the eyes, the more he can cry.
    Ok, that just made me crack up out loud.
  2. Arigatomina
    Arigatomina
    Happy to amuse (and sicken). ;p

I like to take the more deadly of a pairing and make him the uke, that way even if he is 'subbing' he still has all the control because he could easily kill his partner if he went too far. Or I take the more 'girly/childish' one and make him seme to emphasize his masculinity. Like Kurama (YYH) - he turns into a complete girl when he's an uke, whether it's fanfiction or doujinshi. As a seme he's suave manipulative and very hot. Or Kenshin (RK) - he's man enough to top Kaoru for all the het fans, so why can't he top Sano if he wanted? Because in yaoi Kenshin is a helpless little girl. Right.

Exceptions: I should be a ByaRen fan, but I've seen Renji as Byakuya's uke. He's turned into a weak simpering pushover. He acts like Kira. I like him as a pushy go-getum punk. He keeps more of his personality as a seme, while Byakuya is a bossy repressed snob in either position. The only good Renji-uke I've seen was him paired with Ichigo, because they were both punks and seemingly reversible.
  3. FiresFlame
    FiresFlame
    I cant stand reading any Bleach fics... many guys do you think run around destroying everything in their path and see death at every turn, only to be reduced to a crying helpless uke as soon as the clothes come off... I think none.

As for Naruto... I read it only cause i like the pairing, and some fics arnt bad. However, others just make me want to turn around and walk away.
    I absolutly hate how Sasuke is always portrayed as the bad ass seme going around and raping every helpless thing in sight (naruto).
    Naruto on the other hand... if the container of the kyuubi is going to cry his eyes out over have sex, its just a sad, slow murdering of what used to be a desent character.

Thanks so much for making this group!
  4. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I cant stand reading any Bleach fics... many guys do you think run around destroying everything in their path and see death at every turn, only to be reduced to a crying helpless uke as soon as the clothes come off... I think none.
    Ahem! I write Bleach fanfic, ya know Somehow I manage to do so without having any of my guys become reduced to a crying helpless uke as soon as the clothes come off

I mean, I don't assume that just because a character is an uke, he has to act like a virginal 12 year old. That's just something I can't stand But I guess some people get off on that. Hence the Hitsugaya fans
  5. FiresFlame
    FiresFlame
    Then I may just have to read your fanfics... dont be supprised if you see me stalking your fics
  6. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Actually, most Bleach fanfic I've encountered (and I've read a lot) has veered away from the uber-uke types. Pretty much only Ichigo (and of course Hitsugaya) get the occasional uber-uke treatment. But like Aizen x Gin, Gin x Kira, Grimm x Ulqui, Ren x Bya, Shuu x Ren, etc ... those are all pretty "manly" pairings.
  7. FiresFlame
    FiresFlame
    my Ulqui better never be a teary eyed uke
  8. jcs1stang
    jcs1stang
    FINALLY! someone else brought this up >.> I'm so sick of these little *fan-girl* chicks (not fangirls, just let me finish) that want to turn every guy they play into a sniveling brat that cries his a** off when he loses his pants >> I mean c'mon, sure, guys cry, i cry alot, but i mean...seriously it's a completely different perspective when you pair them and this once absolute kick a** guy is reduced to a " 12 yr old girl" like you said about bya, I personally like playing him in fics just to eliminate the chance of that happening around me ^^ but honestly, there is no excuse for butchering a perfectly good character like that... if you want that, create the freakin character yourself, don't destroy a perfectly good one
  9. blu chocobo
    blu chocobo
    I agree with you guys with the whole turning a character into a super uke XD

I absolutely love Inui and Kaidoh from Prince of Tennis, and for a while I was checking out doujinshis, I noticed this one artist made Kaidoh into a very vulnerable weak guy o_0 I mean, he's a tough badass guy in the Anime, and occasionally shows a soft caring side, but the doujinshi portrayed him as someone who cried at small little things.. at least the sex scenes made up for that... until he cried during sex too x.x;;; I dunno, he was too uke, I don't see that tough exterior part of him that I love so much :o
  10. LadyFoxglove
    LadyFoxglove
    I would have to say that I absolutely despise seeing L or Light from Death Note as studdering, whimpering, blushing, and especially crying ukes. L is such an incredible mastermind, and Light is just...Light. Seeing those two like that is just wrong on so many levels. (I kind of understand it for gag or if they were acting, but otherwise...no.)
    I mean, those guys are the epitomy of the opposite of helpless maidens. If anyone can defend themselves, they can.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast