aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi-loving Classical Musicians

1. MiraiKurosaki
    MiraiKurosaki
    Thank you for the invite

It's great to meet other players! I play everything save for the brass *laugh* I play by ear so I know how to play any instrument but I can only actually read the music to a viola. Strange, I know!

<3
  2. metafiction26
    metafiction26
    Hi there!! I play the piano, flute, and viola fluently and am trying to learn the acoustic guitar and trumpet...I mainly play sonatas and classical stuff. (much luv for baroque!) I wanted to play the cello like Haji from Blood+, but...anyway I am such a musician and love my music!!
  3. Starlightshadow
    Starlightshadow
    Hi everyone and thanks for the invite! I'm another classical music-addict. Have been playing the piano since I was five, still play. A few years later the violin joined and the viola when I was eleven. Soooo... not really able to play wind or brass because I don't have the kind of breath for it... too wimpy ^^;

Currently attempting to play Beethoven's Quintet for Piano and Winds op.16 with a bunch of friends (one other law student and some music guys). GAH! I'm soooo out of practice. Want the day to have 48 hours.

Teehee, La Corda cracks me up. Playing Ave Maria at a comp... *giggle* I still like it, though. To be honest, I'm most in love with the Live Action Nodame Cantabile Dorama. The scene where Chiaki and Nodame "play" the arranged version of the Rach II on two grand pianos... talk about realistic acting. I was seriously impressed!

Still gotta get around to watching Fujimi... like I said, wish the day had 48 hours!
  4. Lottaxangel
    Lottaxangel
    Hi everyone!
    I play the piano (12 years already) and i hope i`ll learn harp and cello I like La Corda d`Oro and Fujimi Orchestra (prefer manga, anime is kinda strange...). Btw do you guys know if FO novels have been translated to English? I`ve been looking for them for quite some time but haven`t found them.
  5. mokona666
    mokona666
    Alright everyone~ I've made a list of all members here and their instruments on the first post via edit~if I have left out anyone or anyone's instruments (most likely because I am ignorant ^^), please let me know through this....thread is it? Thanks so much for joining~~

@Starlighshadow: Yes I wish the day had 48 hours too......then I can play the piano all I want without having to think about how much anime time I'm wasting lol. And yes~go classical~!!!

@Lottaxangel: wow...12 years...I am currently at 11 and a half...so catching up^^ My crazy mother made me start learning at 5 yrs old....then stopped when I moved from China to Aus for 5 yrs....so I'm seriously not as good as I'm supposed to be at this age...
  6. swtlilpaopufruit
    swtlilpaopufruit
    Hi everyone~! Thanks for the invite ^^

hmm what do I play? uh....
    My main instrument is the piano, but I can do violin, alto sax, marimba, and a little bit of erhu (a traditional chinese string instrument w/2 strings) ^_____^

ooo I haven't actually read/watched la corda...but it looks good (yummy-looking bishies <3)
    I've watched the nodame live action though ^^ sooooo cuuuuteeeee <3
  7. Starlightshadow
    Starlightshadow
    DOUBLE POST!

Sorry!
  8. Starlightshadow
    Starlightshadow
    Thanks for compiling the list!

Ehehehe... *very embarassed* I've got a major oral exam on Friday, and what did I do? Decided to do a little de-stressing, went over to the uni's music department and booked a practice room with a grand (since we only got my puny kid piano at home) and lost track of the time... soooo... I came home at ten, haven't fed the BF, haven't done my prep or review, haven't studied for the exam and played until I now feel like my wrists are going to fall off soon (anybody got any tips for those annoying I-don't-even-know-how-one-can-play-so-fast's in the left hand in the presto part at the end of the third movement of the Waldstein? The music students won't share (since I guess they're a little po'd that I'm always hogging practice rooms) and I'm a little lost as I don't have a teacher I'm studying under at the moment? Or just general speed-up-your-left-hand exercises? I'm already doing all the slow practice speeding up things I know (playing in chords, starting slow and getting faster, playing just one bar really fast, stringing two really fast parts together (and stumbling over half the notes in the progress) working on fingering and wrist dexterity) but it's not helping and I seriously don't have the money atm to pay for lessons... *sigh* Oh, and I really can't move the last three fingers, from middle to pinky, of my left hand all that well independently since an accident a few years back, so exercises for that are rather pointless for me, unfortunately *cries*) and I seriously want to do nothing but curl up and read a cheesy book or ultra-romantic BL manga and listen to some Brahms (oh yes, love the fourth movement of the first symphony... from despair to the light!).

Watch out, playing classical music is addicting and might lead to serious hunger pangs.

Oh well, I love it anyways.

Now, if I could just figure out how to curl my fingers around that damn Waldstein sonata... Brendel's suggestions call for six fingers on each hand. Dammit, need to eat more genetically manipulated veggies!
  9. mokona666
    mokona666
    @Starlightshadow: Lmao that was a long post~! I have probs moving my last two fingers (pinkie and 4th), so my teach suggested I do the 5 notes of each key in a scale, then repeat the part for those two fingers over and over, then move onto the next key. E.g. C major, repeat the F and G, then C minor, repeat the F and G, then C#major, repeat the F# and G#, etc.....dunno if this will help. As for fast bits.....just practice them loads slow~!!! You'll get there eventually

@swtlilpaopufruit: Geez how many instruments do you want lol???? And watch the Nodame anime--I swear it's so much better. That might be just me though--Please no one kill me.
  10. Tsukihiko
    Tsukihiko
    Heya~ my my, many talented people ^^; Please take care of me!

<< Pianist, flutist (flautist? never knew how to spell it ><)
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast