aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Count D's ~ PetShop of Horrors ~

1. Moon-Angelica
    Moon-Angelica
    Oh god yes, the typos drive me nuts not just in PSoH but a lot of their releases >.<
  2. crown
    crown
    LOL, After reading some stuff produced by KittyMedia, all my TokyoPop editorial mistakes have been forgiven.

But yeah, TokyoPop's name also has a bad reputation in their industry. Shitty contract deals if you're an aspiring artist, not to mention that because they went overboard licensing projects, their American branch almost went under. As far as I can tell currently they are only continuing with their most 'popular' projects then dropping them to start new projects if it's not making enough money.
  3. Robee
    Robee
    Wasn't PSOH Tokyo #7 supposed to mark the return of Leon Orcot back into the Count's life?

If they cancel this series after 6 volumes this will suck beyond monumental porportions!
  4. spirited_soul
    spirited_soul
    @Robee- Don't say such things! PSoH is not being cancelled by Tokyopop it's Genju no Seiza!
    Hopefully PSoH will continue for a long time (I look forward to the releases so much) Leon's return will be great because Taizu just cannot compare to Leon in terms of the relationship with D.

I wish they would have more of the special chapters, I want to see more of young Sofu and Papa D
  5. Robee
    Robee
    @spirited_soul: It would be cool if they devoted a special manga to the series? I see it as an 'origins', devoted to Grandfather D' and his son; as the Grandfather emigrated to North America at the turn of the century and his travels throughout Europe?

Could you imagine if D encountered such creatures like the Wendigo or the Jackalope? Or even urban legends like The Jersey Devil or, Minnesota Mothman? What aspirations would he have thought of for humanity at the begininng of the century? The industrial revolution? The advent of Christianity? It would be facinating to read?
  6. spirited_soul
    spirited_soul
    @Robee - Oh yes, those ideas sound great, unfortunately I get the idea that D's grandfather didn't get to the US until after WWII...but it would be nice if he went there for a visit or two after hearing about some of the indigenous supernatural creatures.^^

He certainly has been portrayed as one who really has a great love for unique creatures.

btw - where did you read that Leon comes back in vol 7???
  7. Robee
    Robee
    @spirited_soul: I can't remember exactly where I read it. But if Akino is going to follow her 'plot formula' like her first Petshop series, then Leon should be making his appearance in the last chapter of volume 7?

Would D run away from Leon or remain aloof from his intentions?
    If it were me, I would grab D and make love to him on the spot; life is too short to waste on "what if's"?
  8. spirited_soul
    spirited_soul
    Ooh, it's a shame you're not writing the series then

The extras from Tokyo vol 1 & 2 hints at Leon wanting to get back onto Count D's boat. Hopefully so they could sail off together to some romantic getaway beyond the rainbow ^^
    Ya, and let's hope it does involve Leon throwing down D and ravishing him
  9. spirited_soul
    spirited_soul
    You know if the Tokyo volumes hadn't started with Leon in the extra stories, i could swear that this was a totally different Count D!!!

I want some Leon/D action
    SPOILER warning for vol 6? of Tokyo. Highlight text to read.
    It was interesting though to have D admit that he is a vegetarian due to his 'bloodlust'. I really hope for some more supernatural stuff in the next volumes. It's almost like a totally different mangaka is telling this story. Taizu just does not have the same chemistry with D as Leon did.
  10. CSMars
    CSMars
    @Spirited_soul, yea it's definitely not the same chemistry! I miss Leon!! Bring back Leon!! and Chris!!

I submitted a Leon card to Aarin a while ago so when the next batch of new cards come around, we'll have a leon to go with D! he'll be lv 4 so hopefully lot of people can afford him!
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast