aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Chad (L2)Sora (L1)Al (L1)
    Ranmaru I (L1)
    So this Nod32 antivirus software which you are talking about, is this free or you need to pay for this. Does this remove trojan because my comp has trojan on it. Most importantly, if it is for free then how many MB because i cannot download even a 1 KB thing on my comp so i need to create space and where can i download this.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

If you want to remove trojans and virus, then you'll need to download and run as many antivirus and anti-spyware softwares as possible. This is because sometimes, virii and spyware and malware come hand in hand. So, even if you've removed part of the problem, the other issues are still there.

Erm, Nod32 is not free but you can give it a trial run anyways. :P

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Saga Masamune (L6)Heart 6 (Devil)Ritsu (L6)
    Usami (L2)Misaki (L1)(S043) Ijuuin Kyo
    Yuri Katsuki (L7)Victor Nikiforov (L7)Yuri Plisetsky (L7)
    Nod32?... if you recomend it, then it must be good! (it's clear that you know a lot more than I u.u) but since I already downloaded AVG I'll try that one first.
    ok, yesterday I restored system to June 11, I still think the turn on is a bit slower than before but maybe it's just my idea... so I'll forget about it for now...
    I downloaded the spybot updates and run it, no adwares were found (besides the gozilla ones: radiate, go and aureate) just one following cookie, I fixed it and turn on all the inmunization.
    today I.explorer froze again so I deactivated the second inmunization option (I.explorer navigator helper).... so now I'll just wait some hours to see what happens...

I forgot, I have CCleaner too, I really like it and I use it every time I'm going to turn off my computer (mostly to delet temp files) but I don't have all the option checked so I'll never deleted cookies or things I think are dangerous to delet. (the two time I deleted cookies years ago - before CCleaner- my explorer crashed and acted the weirdest way)

edit: It froze again T.T.... next step: installing AVG

a new logfile (just in case):

new edit: I installed AVG, downloaded the updates and now is running the full system scan *crossing fingers*
    Last edited by Kirie; 07-05-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Xanxus (L10)Aizen (L10)
    Hitsugaya (L10)Rukia (L10)Ulquiorra (L8)

If you're a student and have a student ID card or e-mail address, you can get a half price discount from one of nod32's authorized vendors

The program I hear all the time that's good for trojans/malware/adware etc is BOClean and you had to pay to get it, but it's free now since the company was bought by another and they decided to offer it for free.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Chad (L2)Sora (L1)Al (L1)
    Ranmaru I (L1)
    So this nod32 antivirus software you are talking about, is thiis free or you need to pay for this. Does this remove trojan because my comp has trojan on it and i need to get rid of that as quickly as possible.

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

ok, AVG didn't find any viruses... It looked perfect! (does that mean Norton is working well?) I don't know if I must be happy or what because if I don't have virus and I don't have spyware... then WHY I.explorer is making those weird freezes???!!!

I think is something about this forum because it always happened when I'm here this forum windows are the ones that freeze.

umm... should I trust the AVG scan result? (it didn't detect gozilla, so it makes me think that it doesn't find adwares...)

maybe I'll download a firewall, but I don't want to download many programs for the same work because I don't want any conflicts between them (and first I want to know if Norton and AVG really work fine together in my computer)

Thank you a lot for your patience... with this paranoic and hypocondriac girl ^.^U
    I'm glad I'm not boring you dm.su
    thank you for your advices Yuri21, I'll check that anti-spyware programs list
    Last edited by Kirie; 07-05-2007 at 01:49 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hi, it's good that AVG didn't detect any nastiest, but about gozilla: AVG free edition doesn't detect spyware/adware/malware, as it's only part of their other security suits. Try installing the anti-spyware like ad-aware, boclean etc

For internet explorer freezing, have you considered using another browser like firefox as it's much secure than internet explorer and hasn't nice free add-ons to help your internet browsing?

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by dm.su View Post
    Hi, it's good that AVG didn't detect any nastiest, but about gozilla: AVG free edition doesn't detect spyware/adware/malware, as it's only part of their other security suits. Try installing the anti-spyware like ad-aware, boclean etc
    woo, I didn't know that ^-^U thanks!
    I deactivated the option "resident shield" in AVG, I hope that makes Norton the main antivirus, I want AVG just as backup antivirus, just to make a full scan once in while.

For internet explorer freezing, have you considered using another browser like firefox as it's much secure than internet explorer and hasn't nice free add-ons to help your internet browsing?
    now that you said it, I went to read more info about firefox... it seems good and popular but I only have 176mb ram... I know I have the minimal requirements but would it work fine with almost the minimal? also, can I use it without uninstalling Iexplorer? like making it the predetermined browser but having Iexplorer as an emergency option? I can't find info about that :s
    7 of 10 times I had to do something related to Iexplorer installation, my computer failed in some nasty and scary way

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kirie View Post
    woo, I didn't know that ^-^U thanks!
    I deactivated the option "resident shield" in AVG, I hope that makes Norton the main antivirus, I want AVG just as backup antivirus, just to make a full scan once in while.
    That's right When you want to do a full system scan with AVG, you don't need to activate the resident shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirie View Post
    now that you said it, I went to read more info about firefox... it seems good and popular but I only have 176mb ram... I know I have the minimal requirements but would it work fine with almost the minimal? also, can I use it without uninstalling Iexplorer? like making it the predetermined browser but having Iexplorer as an emergency option? I can't find info about that :s
    7 of 10 times I had to do something related to Iexplorer installation, my computer failed in some nasty and scary way
    You don't need to uninstall internet explorer; besides its part of the system and you need IE for windows updates etc.

So with firefox, when you launch it, it'll ask if you want firefox as your default browser, which if clicked yes will use firefox from now, but IE will still be there if you need it.

Firefox requirements for ram are:

# minimum 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)

So you're fine installing and using it

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

That's right When you want to do a full system scan with AVG, you don't need to activate the resident shield.

You don't need to uninstall internet explorer; besides its part of the system and you need IE for windows updates etc.

So with firefox, when you launch it, it'll ask if you want firefox as your default browser, which if clicked yes will use firefox from now, but IE will still be there if you need it.

Firefox requirements for ram are:

# minimum 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)

So you're fine installing and using it
    yay!!!! thank you, thank you, thank you so much!
    I'll install it right now and I'll tell you how I'm doing *crossing fingers... again*

wiii, at least I did it well with the AVG ^///^

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast