aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Chad (L2)Sora (L1)Al (L1)
    Ranmaru I (L1)
    I think Gozilla is the one behind all these. Do you have any problem deleting gozilla and not use it any further because just like dm.su said it might be supporting spyware/adware. Not just gozilla there are a loads of program out there which supports spyware and adware.
    I think the reason why your comp is freezing is because there must be hidden spyware and adware.

And i would say Norton is the best. How come the norton is not detecting anything. Did you keep it up to date. ON the top left corner of the norton Live update will be written. you got to live update it regularly to keep the norton updated.Did you ever try that.

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Saga Masamune (L6)Heart 6 (Devil)Ritsu (L6)
    Usami (L2)Misaki (L1)(S043) Ijuuin Kyo
    Yuri Katsuki (L7)Victor Nikiforov (L7)Yuri Plisetsky (L7)
    Quote Originally Posted by megumi View Post
    And i would say Norton is the best. How come the norton is not detecting anything. Did you keep it up to date. ON the top left corner of the norton Live update will be written. you got to live update it regularly to keep the norton updated.Did you ever try that.
    did you read my other post? ^-^U
    I think norton is great too... I really can't think it's gozilla's fault because I'm using that program like... forever! my computer died in the 2001 because hardware problems, when I got it back, that was the last time I reinstalled Gozilla... it means 5-6 years without a single fail...

my next plan is: I'll just make a restore system to 1 or 2 weeks ago (or even more) I didn't have any problems 2 weeks ago so I'll go back to that point and I'll make all the analysis again (but norton's full system scan is SO slow )
    Last edited by Kirie; 07-04-2007 at 11:29 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Xanxus (L10)Aizen (L10)
    Hitsugaya (L10)Rukia (L10)Ulquiorra (L8)

I used to like norton, but the latest versions were resource hoggers and slow at scanning - it even missed some viruses - that I had to remove it.

The log didn't show anything critical only that you have Go!Zilla running on startup in the background for it to work and some old norton 2001 services running as well.

Have you installed AVG and Ad-aware and did a scan?

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Saga Masamune (L6)Heart 6 (Devil)Ritsu (L6)
    Usami (L2)Misaki (L1)(S043) Ijuuin Kyo
    Yuri Katsuki (L7)Victor Nikiforov (L7)Yuri Plisetsky (L7)
    Quote Originally Posted by dm.su View Post
    I used to like norton, but the latest versions were resource hoggers and slow at scanning - it even missed some viruses - that I had to remove it.

The log didn't show anything critical only that you have Go!Zilla running on startup in the background for it to work and some old norton 2001 services running as well.

Have you installed AVG and Ad-aware and did a scan?
    oh, yeah, I had Gozilla on startup because I just downloaded the HijackThis program and once it finshed I forgot to close it :P

nop, I downloaded AVG but I haven't installed it yet... weeell, I did install it yesterday but I was still a bit angry about Vcleaner making slow my poor computer so I just thought "ok, wathever you did I'm going to cancel it >.<" and did the restore system ^.^U my computer started a bit faster but not as "fast" as always (ok, I admit I don't have the best computer ever, but I know how much time it should take to turn it on!)

I think it would be better to make a restore system to 2 weeks ago and then install AVG and make all the scans again....if I don't, I'll never be sure if Vcleaner was the guilty for slowing my computer :s...
    what do you think? I hope I'm not boring you :s

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

No you're not boring me; I'm glad to offer as much help as I can

Yeah and try and restore two weeks ago and see if your slow down is resolved. If it has, you can install AVG and also ad-aware to do a full scan and see what the results are.

vampie02
    I am a bit curious. People kept talking about AVG Anti-Virus
    Is that freebie software? and is that working good?
    I using Norton right now but have feelings that Norton not doing its job well lately
    I have to use two Firewalls , actually 3 right now to prevent hackers and worms but there are really troublesome softwares. It slowing down the connection when browsing or dl.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ranmaru I (L1)
    yeah i've read a lot about AVG like it removes trojan and other malicious viruses.AVG didn't get installed on my comp so i don't know how it works but Everone here recommends AVG, they say it's really good and it's free as well.
    So you can download it.

Which software is giving you trouble because just like i said before there are loads of programs and software out there which supports spyware and adware. that could be the reason why your comp is getting slowed down.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ranmaru I (L1)
    I can't believe iam hearing complaints about Norton. I like norton and to hear that it's not able to remove viruses is quite shocking to me. I thought it's the world's No.1 antivrus software and it has been proven like that as well.
    Looks like we cannot depend entirely on norton and to protect our comp we have to install other antiviruses and firewall. It really is a big headache to find out which one is the best and it has to be free one as well.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hmmm... one of the best antivirus software for Windows is Nod32, in my honest opinion. Having used Windows for more than 10 years, I've tried various antivirus software from Kapersky, McAfee , Norton, Panda, Sophos and so on but I found that Nod32 has some of the best antivirus detection rates.

Often, many other antivirus software will come up with "false positives", that is: "a program or file whose behaviour resembles that of a virus but they may not necessarily be a virus". When scanning with Nod32, I rarely got any false positive results.

Edit: Furthermore, many other antivirus software would fail to detect some of the viruses on my computer. I often had to perform an online scan from various antivirus companies like McAfee, etc., etc. in order to root all of them out. This is because even in Windows, there are some "especially hidden" paths and folders that Microsoft rarely or no longer uses. However, they're still there because to remove them would mean having to make extensive changes to Windows itself. If a virus can successfully stay in that location and be undetected, it can cause a lot of problems.

Edit again: Also, it is never recommended to have more than 1 antivirus running on your computer. It can cause plenty of problems like preventing Windows from functioning properly and the 2 antivirus programs will likely prevent each other from functioning fully.

A list of programs I use for detecting spyware are:

- Bazooka Scanner
    - CCleaner
    - Spybot Search and Detection
    - CWShredder
    - Spyware Blaster
    - Adaware by Lavasoft

Also, before you try installing an anti-spyware program, make sure that it's from a reputable website. Some of these "anti-spyware sites" aren't real at all and their software actually contain malware and spyware.

Alternately, you can switch to using Linux but you'll still need to install an antivirus program to scan and clean all files and folders of any viruses. Yet, if you get hit by spyware, malware and virii on a daily basis, making the switch can be worth it. After all, I'd to relearn many things I was used to doing within Windows but I now have more time to spend on other purposes than on cleaning spyware and malware.
    Last edited by Yuri21; 07-05-2007 at 08:52 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ah another nod32 user I'm the same - after so many years of computing, my favourite anti-virus and, which I'm using for windows, is nod32. It's low on resources and great detection rates.

There's an interesting anit-virus comparison site that does vigorous testing every few months: website | latest results

If you must have multiple anti-viruses, you should only have 1 active scanner and the others inactive until you demand it for a system scan to avoid problems mentioned before.

I've switched to Linux and virtual machine windows because I didn't want to waste the time spending on cleaning, scanning, defragging etc.

You don't have to have an antivirus on Linux, as long as you don't connect to a windows network and share files between systems. I installed one because I connect a window's network.

The virus on your linux system wouldn’t do anything because of default security settings in place and window executables cannot run, which majority of viruses are. But if I download a virus exe to my linux, nothing will happen whatever I do to it, but if I transferred it to a window user, then they have problems. Also there's a system password to protect it and other things.

I'm not sure about running multiple firewalls. You can use a software firewall (i.e zonealarm, norton personal firewall etc ) and hardware firewall (router). Running several software firewalls would probably conflict with each other and decrease security/performance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast