aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

My folder didn't have LmtDVDVer103 or a NoDVD program, so I downloaded them separately. I downloaded the game's files with torrent, maybe that's the problem? I'll download the game again from the post you linked ^o^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

thanks to everyone who helped me yeah it was cause i didnt have the right no cd disk permanently mouted for lamento she played through it though finally and got the best ending on the first try unfortunately had to reboot pc due to errors and now gotta redownload everything lol but now that i know what im doing i should be good thans for the help kojichan!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Chiaki (L1)

My Finished Folder does not have

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello AnaAkmatova! ^^

You said you were new to download this game, but have you installed games like this before?

If not, I'll go over a step-by-step process. I'm sorry it's gonna look huge, but it's explained in simple terms to make it easier to follow. ^^ If you already have some of these steps done, just find the appropriate step you need.

Also, I put each part in SPOILER tags so it doesn't look as scary, and you can go through each part separately. Click the [SHOW] button to open the next step as you go!

---------------

Part 1 - Setting your System Locale to Japanese

---------------

Part 2 - An ISO Mounting Program

---------------

Part 3 - Archive extraction program

---------------

Part 4 - Downloading the Game

---------------

Part 5 - Extracting and Mounting the game ISO

---------------

Part 6 - Installing the game! ^_^

---------------

Part 7 - Update the Game core

---------------

Part 8 - Replace the program with a NoDVD version.

---------------

Part 9 - Verify the Game runs

---------------

Part 10 - Downloading the English Patch

---------------

Once that's done, your folder should look like mine:

Attachment 170566

PLEASE IGNORE THE FACT THAT I HAVE A FILE NAMED "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID-.bak". It's just a backup of the program I made. Purely my own choice, you won't have it!

Let me know how it turned out for you! ^^
    This is my folder and its missing one of the files

Lamento - BEYOND THE VOID-.bak and I am not sure if that is an important piece. When I attempt to boot up the game it goes to load screen and nothing shows up.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by JokerChoker View Post
    This is my folder and its missing one of the files

Lamento - BEYOND THE VOID-.bak and I am not sure if that is an important piece. When I attempt to boot up the game it goes to load screen and nothing shows up.
    At the bottom of the post you quoted, I mentioned that the "Lamento - BEYOND THE VOID-.bak" file was mine purely; it's not required. ^^ I kept the original EXE safe.

If the game isn't booting up, have a look at the file SIZE of the "Lamento - BEYOND THE VOID-.EXE". If your EXE for Lamento is over 1,000kb, it's the original EXE and is looking for the official DVD in the drive (It won't boot).

So you need the NoDVD version of the EXE (~800kb)

If you didn't follow the guide I posted, you can find the NoDVD version here:
    Index of /patches

Look for the text: [Nitro+CHiRAL] Lamento noDVD Patch (required for AGTH).rar

Download that and save it into the Lamento folder, overwriting the original EXE. ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello AnaAkmatova! ^^

You said you were new to download this game, but have you installed games like this before?

If not, I'll go over a step-by-step process. I'm sorry it's gonna look huge, but it's explained in simple terms to make it easier to follow. ^^ If you already have some of these steps done, just find the appropriate step you need.

Also, I put each part in SPOILER tags so it doesn't look as scary, and you can go through each part separately. Click the [SHOW] button to open the next step as you go!

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

Attachment 170566

PLEASE IGNORE THE FACT THAT I HAVE A FILE NAMED "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID-.bak". It's just a backup of the program I made. Purely my own choice, you won't have it!

Hi there I have problem with run my game!
    I replaced the game file and I clicked it and it says there is no DVD on DVD-rom or sth like that, whyy ;_; I installed this virtual clonedrive etc.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by PandaRuda View Post
    Hi there I have problem with run my game!
    I replaced the game file and I clicked it and it says there is no DVD on DVD-rom or sth like that, whyy ;_; I installed this virtual clonedrive etc.
    Hello PandaRuda! ^^

Would you mind taking a screenshot of your folder where you installed Lamento? It should look like the one from the post you quoted!

If you overwrote the game EXE file, the new one shouldn't ask for a DVD at all!

Also, maybe you can take a screenshot of the error message? That always helps! XD

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello AnaAkmatova! ^^

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

Attachment 170566

I'm stuck on part 6. It won't let me click on Lamento_DVD, so I don't get any pop ups asking for it to run the installer,
    and I tried going to "My Computer" and open the Lamento DVD but that doesn't work either.

IMG_0694.jpg

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Yaatty View Post
    I'm stuck on part 6. It won't let me click on Lamento_DVD, so I don't get any pop ups asking for it to run the installer,
    and I tried going to "My Computer" and open the Lamento DVD but that doesn't work either.

IMG_0694.jpg

Why can't you double-click on the "LAMENTO_DVD" ISO, with the type of Virtual Clone Drive? Are there any error messages or things that pop up? o.o

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Why can't you double-click on the "LAMENTO_DVD" ISO, with the type of Virtual Clone Drive? Are there any error messages or things that pop up? o.o
    Nope, literally nothing happens. Nothing at all. I've tried to start all over and repeat the steps, but I always encounter that one error.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hmmm... Here's a test... You have 7-Zip or WinRAR, right? (Well, obviously, XD;;; )

Try Right-clicking on the "LAMENTO_DVD.ISO" and select either of these two, depending on what you have:

7-Zip:
    > 7-Zip > Open Archive

WinRar:
    > Open with WinRAR

(If the WinRar one isn't available, just open WinRar itself and drag the ISO onto it.)

If the ISO is valid, it will open up in there. If it does NOT open or gives you errors, then that means the ISO is corrupt/incomplete, and you might need to redownload it.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast