aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello! ^_^

Don't worry about not being able to run LmtDVDVer101 or LmtDVDVer102. LmtDVDVer103 is the important one (and contains the same stuff in the first two anyways).

I noticed you installed Lamento in the default location, instead of choosing a different location to put it. This will help because Lamento makes save games in the same folder it was installed into, and for Windows 7, 8 and 10, any games in the "Program Files (x86)" or "Program Files" folders sometimes have issues putting files in there.

I'm not sure if that may help or not, but it's worth a shot! Otherwise, everything else looks fine and goodly installed. I've noticed an odd quirk recently with the game, where it pretends to fail to startup if there's no "DVD" in the drive. So if your ISO mounting program/drive doesn't have anything in it (unmounted), Lamento may complain.

But it's just being stupid. It'll still run the game anyway. Try mounting something? Anything, really. It doesn't even need to be Lamento. It can be whatever ISO you feel like.
    Hi Kojichan,

I tried to move Lamento to a different location and the game didn't start it's still blank. My daemon tool was opened and nicely mounted too. ( I'm so sad right now

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by ducankata View Post
    Hi Kojichan,

I tried to move Lamento to a different location and the game didn't start it's still blank. My daemon tool was opened and nicely mounted too. ( I'm so sad right now
    How strange! But that will help later, so keep it installed elsewhere. ^^;;

Out of curiosity, you set up the System Unicode Locale to Japanese THIS way, right? (See image)

system_unicode_locale.jpg

You also made sure to restart the computer, I'm sure. XP Have you played any other visual novels? Like DRAMAtical Murder, Togainu no Chi, etc?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

How strange! But that will help later, so keep it installed elsewhere. ^^;;

Out of curiosity, you set up the System Unicode Locale to Japanese THIS way, right? (See image)

system_unicode_locale.jpg

You also made sure to restart the computer, I'm sure. XP Have you played any other visual novels? Like DRAMAtical Murder, Togainu no Chi, etc?
    Yes yes, I have finally been able to play the game. I cannot thank you enough, Kojichan

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Hello all! Thanks to the instructions on this thread I was able to get the game running, but unfortunately it is still in Japanese. I navigated to Index of /patches and downloaded [Nitro+CHiRAL] Lamento Ver. 1.03 Patch (DVDROM).rar thinking it might be the english patch, but when I extracted its contents and applied it, the .exe file will not work (no error message, the game window just doesn't open).

I then would have to replace the .exe file in [Nitro+CHiRAL] Lamento noDVD Patch (required for AGTH).rar in the game root file to get the game working again (in Japanese). Does anyone have a quick answer to what it is I am doing wrong?

As usual, thank you so much for the help.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by amethystically View Post
    Hello all! Thanks to the instructions on this thread I was able to get the game running, but unfortunately it is still in Japanese. I navigated to Index of /patches and downloaded [Nitro+CHiRAL] Lamento Ver. 1.03 Patch (DVDROM).rar thinking it might be the english patch, but when I extracted its contents and applied it, the .exe file will not work (no error message, the game window just doesn't open).

I then would have to replace the .exe file in [Nitro+CHiRAL] Lamento noDVD Patch (required for AGTH).rar in the game root file to get the game working again (in Japanese). Does anyone have a quick answer to what it is I am doing wrong?

As usual, thank you so much for the help.
    Those patches aren't the English patches for the game, unfortunately. Just a Serial number, version update, and Anti-antipiracy patch.

You might want to go back and look at this post in this thread:
    Lamento - Step by Step instructions

Uninstall Lamento, and try again from the beginning. ^^ Each step is separated and easy to follow.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Those patches aren't the English patches for the game, unfortunately. Just a Serial number, version update, and Anti-antipiracy patch.

You might want to go back and look at this post in this thread:
    Lamento - Step by Step instructions

Uninstall Lamento, and try again from the beginning. ^^ Each step is separated and easy to follow.
    Oh gosh, I realised applying ver2.4 of the patch instead of the win10 version solved my problems. Thank you!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello! I followed all the steps as posted, but the most I was able to get out of the game was a blank screen opening up and hanging for a couple seconds before closing itself up. I had tried opening it without the English patch for testing yet would receive no window. Here are some screen shots. I've been trying to tackle this for a few hours now and I'm wanting to get this up and running for a friend since they're wanting to playthrough the story. Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo052 View Post
    Hello! I followed all the steps as posted, but the most I was able to get out of the game was a blank screen opening up and hanging for a couple seconds before closing itself up. I had tried opening it without the English patch for testing yet would receive no window. Here are some screen shots. I've been trying to tackle this for a few hours now and I'm wanting to get this up and running for a friend since they're wanting to playthrough the story. Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png
    Hi, try to use this, Locale Emulator, if you wanna play the original one. Lamento is not camparable with windows 10, though there's a windows 10 version.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Game run problem question

Hello AnaAkmatova! ^^

You said you were new to download this game, but have you installed games like this before?

If not, I'll go over a step-by-step process. I'm sorry it's gonna look huge, but it's explained in simple terms to make it easier to follow. ^^ If you already have some of these steps done, just find the appropriate step you need.

Also, I put each part in SPOILER tags so it doesn't look as scary, and you can go through each part separately. Click the [SHOW] button to open the next step as you go!

---------------

Part 1 - Setting your System Locale to Japanese

---------------

Part 2 - An ISO Mounting Program

---------------

Part 3 - Archive extraction program

---------------

Part 4 - Downloading the Game

---------------

Part 5 - Extracting and Mounting the game ISO

---------------

Part 6 - Installing the game! ^_^

---------------

Part 7 - Update the Game core

---------------

Part 8 - Replace the program with a NoDVD version.

---------------

Part 9 - Verify the Game runs

---------------

Part 10 - Downloading the English Patch

---------------

Once that's done, your folder should look like mine:

Attachment 170566

PLEASE IGNORE THE FACT THAT I HAVE A FILE NAMED "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID-.bak". It's just a backup of the program I made. Purely my own choice, you won't have it!

Let me know how it turned out for you! ^^

I followed all the steps but when I try to run the game it opens but it's just a black screen. I'm not very good with stuff like this so if anyone knows what I did wrong please explain it to me? Thanks guys.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello AnaAkmatova! ^^

You said you were new to download this game, but have you installed games like this before?

If not, I'll go over a step-by-step process. I'm sorry it's gonna look huge, but it's explained in simple terms to make it easier to follow. ^^ If you already have some of these steps done, just find the appropriate step you need.

Also, I put each part in SPOILER tags so it doesn't look as scary, and you can go through each part separately. Click the [SHOW] button to open the next step as you go!

---------------

Part 1 - Setting your System Locale to Japanese

---------------

Part 2 - An ISO Mounting Program

---------------

Part 3 - Archive extraction program

---------------

Part 4 - Downloading the Game

---------------

Part 5 - Extracting and Mounting the game ISO

---------------

Part 6 - Installing the game! ^_^

---------------

Part 7 - Update the Game core

---------------

Part 8 - Replace the program with a NoDVD version.

---------------

Part 9 - Verify the Game runs

---------------

Part 10 - Downloading the English Patch

---------------

Once that's done, your folder should look like mine:

Attachment 170566

PLEASE IGNORE THE FACT THAT I HAVE A FILE NAMED "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID-.bak". It's just a backup of the program I made. Purely my own choice, you won't have it!

Let me know how it turned out for you! ^^
    Hi sorry to be a bother but going through these steps when I got to mounting it I get "Error: Can't open VCD!" Any ideas on how to fix it ?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast