aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Scanlators Day

darkparagon
    Super!! I will find something for you to do!!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

What about those who're scanlating doujinshis?

Maybe you could do some sort of ranking. For the best Shonen ai manga scanlated #1 #2 #3. For the best Yaoi manga scanlated #1 #2 #3 for the best bdsm manga scanlated #1 #2 #3 For the best doujinshi scanlated #1 #2 #3

And the ranks wouldn't be based on the manga/doujin quality, but on the quality of the scanlation. Like for example quality of the scanning, cleaning, originality in the SFX.

Just an idea of course.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Roxas (L4)Batman (L1)Kakashi (L10)
    (S010) JokerButters (L4)Quatre (L6)
    Muraki (L8)Iruka (L8)Edward (L5)

Is it a good idea to really rank the scanlators, whether it's doujinshi/etc? It's just my argument but I don't know if that may seem...unnecessary?

Maybe, instead of ranking them, we could instead have something like an honorable mention for the most scanlations done/what have you or....something?

I don't know I'm just thinking that it should be about all of them and ranking them sort of defeats the purpose just a little bit for me but that could just be me >< Or maybe ranking is just the wrong word to use for me?

Yaoi Lover
    India, though I'd go anywhere with my computer and networks ^_^
    Savings

Ace (L5)Heart 1 (Blue)Luffy (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Shanks (L8)Gray (L9)
    Sanzo (L10)Zoro (L7)Sanji (L9)

I would admit that I won't really support ranking as such. We're rather trying to go for polls amongst the members here. Not really ranking... just general opinions!
    Last edited by Jade Phoenix; 05-09-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Phoenix View Post
    I would admit that I won't really support ranking as such. We're rather trying to go for polls amongst the members here. Not really ranking... just general opinions!
    I think opinions would be a better substitute The members' thoughts via polls or whatnot seems generally more suitable for this~

darkparagon
    Ok to solve the problem why don't we do a poll on ower favourite scanlation by aarinfantasy (rather then a scanlation team), that way we are not rating scanlation teams, rather rathing the favourite story done by the team here on aarinfatasy, that way we have a poll of peoples favourite choice, and not upsetting people at the same time (scanlation teams for their hard work!!)!

People will be judging a story!! It gets more people included and a wider range of different peoples thoughts!

Anyone like the idea??

Edit: ........ I'm way off the mark of what you people are talking about arn't I .......
    Last edited by darkparagon; 05-09-2008 at 12:29 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by darkparagon View Post
    Ok to solve the problem why don't we do a poll on ower favourite scanlation by aarinfantasy, that way we are not rating scanlation teams, rather rathing the favourite story done by the team here on aarinfatasy, that way we have a poll of peoples favourite things, and not upsetting people at the same time!!

Anyone like the idea??
    Like I said, I think polls are just dandy because it's not really ranking and necessarily saying that one scanlator/team is better than the other. So if this is approved, it seems that we would have a few polls on what is a fav of this or that...sounds fun

darkparagon
    Ah super! Yes it was just ment to be a bit of fun!! We where planning on doing that! In fact I had asked in the scanlations social group if anyone was willing to do that!

As your keen, would you like to set the polls up

One for games, one for anime, one for manga, and one for drama CD! That would be great! Thank you!! (PM me if you need more details)

Anouther job ticked off!
    Last edited by darkparagon; 05-09-2008 at 12:34 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Sounds just fine and dandy. I'll PM you for certain

If anyone has any ideas to contribute for polls, please offer them!! Either here or pm me. It will be fine either way

Yaoi Lover
    India, though I'd go anywhere with my computer and networks ^_^
    Savings

Ace (L5)Heart 1 (Blue)Luffy (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Shanks (L8)Gray (L9)
    Sanzo (L10)Zoro (L7)Sanji (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by darkparagon View Post
    Ok to solve the problem why don't we do a poll on ower favourite scanlation by aarinfantasy (rather then a scanlation team), that way we are not rating scanlation teams, rather rathing the favourite story done by the team here on aarinfatasy, that way we have a poll of peoples favourite choice, and not upsetting people at the same time (scanlation teams for their hard work!!)!

People will be judging a story!! It gets more people included and a wider range of different peoples thoughts!

Anyone like the idea??

Edit: ........ I'm way off the mark of what you people are talking about arn't I .......
    Lol, what I meant was that we set up polls for all those, and get members to vote on them. As to which anime/manga/drama cd/game will be selected to be put up for the polls, I think we should consult someone who knows a lot about them, individually or collectively!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast