aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    BANNED
    Savings

Thats a very cool website, Miko! Thanks alot! ^^
    About the language thing, I don't think its necessary and maybe it will be unfair for people who don't know other languages. =/

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    and maybe it will be unfair for people who don't know other languages. =/
    That's exactly what the discussion was about, to help other people who don't really know another language, english in this case.

And I'm still trying to figure out how to add my languages to my sig... since it' s not allowed to have more than two pics (and my aaringender gif was deleted because of that...) I can only add it in written form but I don´t wanna make it too different from the rest of my sig, yet it should be visible, shouldn't it?... sigh...

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Sesshoumaru (L7)Tsuruga (L9)Fye (L10)
    Pray for JapanHikaru (L1)Kurogane (L4)
    MokonaAkira (L2)Byakuya (L7)

Quote Originally Posted by lent View Post
    That's exactly what the discussion was about, to help other people who don't really know another language, english in this case.

And I'm still trying to figure out how to add my languages to my sig... since it' s not allowed to have more than two pics (and my aaringender gif was deleted because of that...) I can only add it in written form but I don´t wanna make it too different from the rest of my sig, yet it should be visible, shouldn't it?... sigh...
    If that's the problem then yeah... the only way is to write it at the top of your siggy in bright and bold colors so it will be noticible (? can't spell) when people read your posts.

PickyLove
    Quote Originally Posted by knepri View Post
    altough this is a english speaking forum we could use the help from babelfish, that website can translate whole websites into diffrent languages and that would be great i use it to understand some japanese, chinese websites and it works fine...did anyone say this already? if someone did, im sorry, i didnt read most of the posts...
    translators dont really translate that well, they give the meaning of the word, but not how it is meant in the sentence you know?? some of it does help, but it reallly isnt something to rely on. most anyone who speaks another language, proficiently will tell you that translators like babelfish should only be used for checking if you used a word right.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Endo (L2)Iwaki (L6)Katou (L6)
    Subaru (L2)Ranmaru K (L1)Keita (L1)
    Sono (L3)(S001) Endo
    it isn't a bad idea, especially the idea about language forums is kinda nice. but who decides which languages aarin should make a forum for? i mean there are so many people from different countries here, that makes the whole thing hard to realize. and english is the perfect language for suc an international forum, because everyone should be able to more or less understand it. so i don't think, different languages would be necessary on aarin....

PickyLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonia View Post
    it isn't a bad idea, especially the idea about language forums is kinda nice. but who decides which languages aarin should make a forum for? i mean there are so many people from different countries here, that makes the whole thing hard to realize. and english is the perfect language for suc an international forum, because everyone should be able to more or less understand it. so i don't think, different languages would be necessary on aarin....
    well i know in an earlier post, someone said that maybe some people dont join or post because they might not know english well. ive seen a few, just a few accounts where people joined, and started talking in their language and got the converse in english warning...thats about as far as their posts go. like they suddenly stop posting, maybe because they just dont have time, or maybe because they dont speak english well and dont want to be warned again. yes english is a universal language, but ive heard from plenty of people learning english that it is THE hardest language to learn.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Asami (L10)(S022) IasonYoshimi Suda (L10)
    Akihito (L10)(S021) RikiMasahiro GnK (L9)
    Rintarou Noe (L8)Tohru Suki (L4)Akito GnK (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by PickyLove View Post
    translators dont really translate that well, they give the meaning of the word, but not how it is meant in the sentence you know?? some of it does help, but it reallly isnt something to rely on. most anyone who speaks another language, proficiently will tell you that translators like babelfish should only be used for checking if you used a word right.

I agree with your statement: these automatic translators can translate words but not whole sentences. Imagine for example a sentence, where some words can have different meanings... Sometimes a real mess comes out

I'd like to add another thing to this discussion, if you don't mind. I fear to mention it but... Well, lots of us love fan and original fic and maybe would like to write his/her own but English is not his/her mothertongue. I don't know whether it's possibile at the moment to write stories in different languages, but I think it's not. It's obvious that you can express your thoughts in the most appropriate way when you speak your mothertongue In another language you cannot find the right words and the right tone - I've tried so I know (but I didn't post what I wrote :-$ because I know that it can't be as good as a native English speaker's writings). Yeah, I know that you start to bring up loads of examples of fics written by non-native speakers But imagine how these fics would be if they were written in the author's mothertongue *sighs*

Oh, yes! I find the sig solution great!!! That would be a real help and immediate. Just one other thing: maybe there could be a section - like the Members section - with the list of all languages and clicking on one of them, all the members who speak that language could be listed. This would be an easy way to find somebody from your language context (and you wouldn't need to hunt those sigs )

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by Milwaen View Post
    Just one other thing: maybe there could be a section - like the Members section - with the list of all languages and clicking on one of them, all the members who speak that language could be listed. This would be an easy way to find somebody from your language context (and you wouldn't need to hunt those sigs )
    Yeah, that was why I was against the sig solution in the first place, you have to be sort of lucky to find a person that speaks your language in the masses of sigs around and by that time you probably have or have not made your peace with the forum anway. And pming is another problem, since my pm box is more or less always full and pms are not supervised my mods at all. But since this is the solution that people seem to have agreed upon, I guess a place where certain languages and related members are listed is not a bad idea.
    And yeah, we had that fanfic discussion somewhere else, I know what you mean but so far only english fanfics are allowed.

tadano nika
    I don't think it's really needed. and there is no way you'll learn a new language if you keep avoiding to speak/post in it.

and I remember the language threads from hongfire, they turned into total breeding nests for spam....

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Sesshoumaru (L7)Tsuruga (L9)Fye (L10)
    Pray for JapanHikaru (L1)Kurogane (L4)
    MokonaAkira (L2)Byakuya (L7)

That 'section' suggestion sounds like a good idea. I agree with lent about the mess with the sigs, but at that time I thought it was the best solution ^^''
    Perhaps the admins and the mods can consider of making that "language list"?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast