aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

..:: Ai no Kusabi ::..

1. Demeter
    Demeter
    @Miriashi: I can only order the 2nd vol. through Amazon Can't wait to read it *sigh* And I'm with you on the learning Japanese... and not only for Ai No Kusabi As for my personal point of view of AnK, I'll wait to have read all the volumes to really make my mind, as I was already pretty suprised by the 1st vol. >__<

@limitedfan: You will!!! That's the good way to think!!
  2. makiyuki
    makiyuki
    I love those pictures Demeter.
    AnK is a multilayered text that can be read in many ways. It is a complex love story that deals with how people are molded and formed by society. Iason and Riki live in an environment where love is not even a concept. The thing that is so amazing is that neither knew what love was or how to express it...a bond that could be called love formed between them. It is impossible to say if that bond was born from an uncharacteristic curiosity on Iason's part or if he felt an instant attraction to Riki. I do believe that "last deep kiss" was meaningful to them both. At that moment, they had somehow transcended the boundaries created by the words Blondie, mongrel, and pet.
  3. limitedfan
    limitedfan
    I agree with the transcended part. But "last deep kiss" part. I think that was really something Iason only felt. To him Riki was finally his and he didn't need sexuality to express it. But anything they did together was "deep" love for him.
  4. makiyuki
    makiyuki
    I agree with you that whatever the feeling was; that Iason's was deeper. However, I believe Riki loved Iasaon as well. Although I need to read the last three chapters to be sure.
  5. darkcosmos363
    darkcosmos363
    Riki definitely loved Iason at the end. I think that he realized that Iason was cold towards every body because that is what his job needed him to be, then he couldnt turn off the coldness but he loved Riki and he tried to show it sometimes. Riki at the end realized that he loved Iason because Iason risked a lot to have him and Riki realized that he wasnt like any other pet anymore.
  6. Blind_Kira
    Blind_Kira
    Very nice words, darkcosmos363. I must say I agree
    I see our pics are becoming quite a nice collection; hopefully we will manage to capture every bit of them two with pics, like making up a puzzle.
    "Last deep kiss"...that scene got me overly obsessive. I watched the OVA quite a few times, start-end. And then, after the deep kiss scene, I used to rewind that scene and see it agan...and again...and again. And cried over it, again, and again, and again...twaty of me, yep, I know. But there's something...somehow hypnotizing about that scene...
  7. MiyaJadecube
    MiyaJadecube
    Yeshh~ a group dedicated to (what I deem) the first & foremost authority on pure YAOI anime! *gives u kudos & pocky* And I wholly agree w/Blind_Kira here about being a rewinding addict during that scene. o_o Although I believe the end outdid any tears felt earlier. v__v
  8. limitedfan
    limitedfan
    The first time I watched it I was shocked that they will give such beautiful love story a sad ending. But I guess it would've been sad anyways, if Tanakara decided to play with Iason's brain as they were threatening him. But I actually started the rewind earlier. That little (very tiny) hint of a smile when Iason saw Riki walk back into the tunnel and realized that Riki is his FINALLY. I felt that was a major score of happiness to Iason that I had to see it over and over and over again.

True this is the best anime so far. At least the discussion proves it.

Darkcosmos363. You might be right about Riki finally loving Iason, but too late. I kept thinking throughout, what a dummy. Iason is taking risks, setting him free. He's given him a job, he didn't physically hurt him like he did his assistant (never can remember his name) and Riki figures it out after his alteration. Too too late. Plus, I really think that whenever they were together in bed, Iason was giving him pleasure more than getting.
  9. Miriashi
    Miriashi
    @ limitedfan: This name you can never remember...Do you mean Katze? Iason's assistant and leading figure on the black market is Katze. He used to be Iason's 'furniture' and a mongrel (like all blondie-furniture is). The furniture Iason had when Riki was his pet is called Daryl.
  10. limitedfan
    limitedfan
    Miriashi: I think it is probably Katze. The one who cried over Iason's death at the end. That guy I think he did love Iason. And when he was trying to breakthrough the files, I think it was for Iason's sack, but Iason (still at that time too cold and too arrogant) rejected him and treated the event as damaging and not something done out of love. That's the guy I liked. I prefer him more than Riki.
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast