aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Series and Info (The Rec Thread!)

1. MegaMaz
    MegaMaz
    @azure_sea: Glad you liked it!
  2. ZacktheWolf
    ZacktheWolf
    I second Vassalord.
    What keeps it from being BL is probably the fact that Cherry and Rayflo's relationship isn't the focus... though it is highlighted whenever Rayflo gets a chance. X3 They are completely canon, I say that in all truth.
    I'm wondering when this series is gonna get shrink-wrapped. Seriously... with the graphic'ness of vol 3, I was surprised it was only 16+. Unless Nanae Chrono is trying to keep it under a certain rating for a reason. Not that that stops the fans from making an abundance of doujinshi (I recommend anything by Fighting Kids!). <3
  3. the_assassin
    the_assassin
    My dear friend, ghettoe, recommended me to come here to recommend a manga I have been trying to force...I mean, recommend others to read for the past 10 days or so (lol, that is one messed up, redundant sentence.)

Anyhow, yeah.

Go read Nurarihyon no Mago (linked to onemanga) ASAP

I have made a thread on it, made a group for it, made a set for it, wrote a blog entry and everything else I could think of to promote the manga...but all to no avail! Poor NuraMago. Poor Rikuo.

Ahem. Anyhow, practically copying and pasting my review because I've typed it too many times:

---Start of Review---

Let me make it clear first: I hate clichés. I really hate them, especially when they are done horrendously. But despite the outrageously clichéness of NuraMago, I still love it. Within the clichés are some rather unique elements that go against clichés, so I can totally overlook the clichéness of the story. Not to mention, at least it has a steady plot and sticks to it, unlike some other messed up stories (with plotholes popping up everywhere) in JUMP.

Initially, I thought NuraMago was just going to be another cliché crap, but man, am I glad I gave the manga a try =D I finished all 99 chapters in two nights (consequently getting only one hour of sleep before going to school to take a quiz...yes, it is THAT good. When chapter 100 came I out the next day after I had just caught up, I RE-READ the whole thing, from chapter 1~100). The best part? I don't hate the main character (that is extremely important to me). In fact, he's my favorite character. The youkai version, anyway. Aka THAT SUPER UBER DROOL-WORTHY HOTNESS above. YES I'm shallow, so sue me. Anyhow, despite being 12 years old, Rikuo is definitely a HELL OF A LOT MORE MATURE than, say, the majority of the emo/immature/hotheaded/self-centered/over-the-top-egoistic and moronic main characters of shounen manga/anime. (Japanese term to sum it all up: Chuuni.) Of course, Rikuo isn't always perfectly rational, but he's 12 years old so I forgive him.

Anyway. To describe Nurarihyon: Yakuza Youkais. LOL.
    Summary? The main character, Rikuo's, quest of collecting 100 subjects for his harem....I mean, it's a story about the grandchild of the Supreme Commander of the Hyakki Yakou (Night Parade of One Hundred Demons), Nurarihyon. He only has 1/4 youkai blood in him and can only turn to a youkai during the night and yeah...he is going to inherit the clan but faces opposition. Not to mention, he doesn't want to inherit the clan and wants to be a normal human and live a normal life, etc. Very cliché sounding but despite the cliché-ness of the story, there are some un-cliché aspects that make the story unique on it's own. It's what kept my patience, in fact. DON'T LET THE GENERIC SUMMARY FOOL YOU!

Okay...I'll admit. I did overlook this manga once because the summary sucked, too. I gave it a second chance because I saw the coverart and I fell in love with...the youkai Rikuo. It was the great art (and I am really picky about art) and my love for (night) Rikuo that kept me going for the first few chapters, but then it got better and better...

Yeah. I have not been this excited and happy about a series from Jump for...say, Maybe four years or more. That's a loooooong time. I'm looking forward to every weekend now not only because I don't want to go to school, but because I want to read the next chapter and find out what happens.

---End Review---

P.S. Since this manga is really good, I don't fangirl crazily over the infinitely slashable aspects of NuraMago (even though I keep saying that Rikuo is the ultimate seme and such), but I do like to pick out the slashable stuff for fun.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12