aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

[Disc.] AUG 11: Save the Original File?

1. Flei
    Flei
    Alrighty, it's time yet again for a new monthly discussion thread. This one's pretty short and sweet.

This month's theme is whether you keep your original file!

To clarify: When you make a sig/graphic, do you keep your psd/psp/xcf file?

The file might come in handy for edits when you do a shop request, but what about after? When your customer has gotten their graphics and doesn't need any more alterations done to it, do you still save the original file on your computer or hard-drive? Or do you delete them because they're no longer needed and take up space? Whether you keep them or don't, what's your reasoning behind it? And do you ever regret the decisions you make concerning the file?

So let's hear it, everyone. What do you do with your original graphics' files?

Come and share your reasons on why you keep/delete your original files~

PS. Feel free to shoot me a PM with suggestions for future discussions! <3 I'd love to hear everyone's ideas~
  2. Bear
    Bear
    Since I actually don't do auctions, I don't save the PSD files unless I'm not finished editing it yet. I don't want too unnecessary stuffs in my folder so I always want everything to be organized and such. But sometimes, there are times I wish I kept the PSD files...
  3. Halite75
    Halite75
    I'm a pack-rat, so I keep everything forever. Well, I did until my computer hard drive died in March and lost almost EVERYTHING.

I sometimes go back and re-open old files to check what font I used or what textures I used, so that I can use them again in new sigs. I have a HUGE hard drive, so space is not an issue.
  4. Gloomy Gloo
    Gloomy Gloo
    I'm like Hali...I keep 'em forever XD I'd freak out when I accidentally replace or delete a .psd even though it's a super old file that I'd probably never look at again
  5. aislinnelise
    aislinnelise
    I keep them up to a certain point....I've only been making sets for a little over a year, but I've made A LOT. So once a month or so, to clear more space on my computer, I'll go back to the oldest ones I have and will delete about a month's worth of stuff. I have never gone back to any of them unless it was a contest entry from a long contest and the person didn't keep the set.
  6. kik
    kik
    Yep still still have the psd to every set i've ever made >.>
    the file is very big, but it lives on my hard drive <,< when all 500GBs fills up I'll clean house <3
  7. Chizumi
    Chizumi
    I used to keep all of them, but my laptop can't handle all that. So now I just keep them for at least a week and than I'll just throw them away. xD
  8. bowe
    bowe
    I've kept all psds since I started (well over a year's worth). The only ones that end up in the bin are fails sigs that won't see the light of day.
    My laptop doesn't have much space but since I've an external hd where I keep everything else, it's not much of a problem.

I'd rage if I lost all my psds. I sometimes use them as displacement maps too so they're useful to have around.
  9. 888
    I'm the same as Halite. I keep all of them, even after giving the sets away. I just can't seem to delete them 'Course, it does come in handy when I do something new by accident and go back if I ever forget lol
  10. paplou
    paplou
    Whoa! A lot of pack rats here
    I usually delete my files. I prefer to see no clutter in my laptop or HD.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast