aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

[Disc.] AUG 11: Save the Original File?

1. Flei
    Flei
    Oh wow, looks like the amount of people who keep files versus the ones who delete them basically balances out. That's kinda surprising. o/

As for me, I've pretty much kept every sig/graphic I've ever made. I've got a mega bunch of sigs I made as early as 2006 (oh my god, some are so ugly/embarrassing I can't even look at them for too long, lol). I've even kept most of my fail!sigs. For some reason, I just can't seem to part with any of my psds. ;; I've got them all backed up, too; you know, for just in case.

Halite75: I think that's one of the best perks to keeping sigs, to find out what fonts/textures you used. It's also great for finding out what previous coloring methods you used or how you got a certain effect.

Chizumi: Well, if you don't REALLY want to trash the files but can't manage to find the space, maybe just upload your psds to MF or something? That way you'll have it backed up to a certain extent; the files are usually a reasonable size, so uploading shouldn't be too big a hassle. If I didn't have the room/external hard-drives, that's the way I'd go. Totally just a suggestion, though.

bowe: I love displacement maps. <3 I don't use them often, but it gives some great results sometimes.
  2. ItachiRules
    ItachiRules
    I keep my files in 3 different places, in an external hardrive, in MF, and in my computer, but the ones in my computer I tend to delete a looooot, only keeping the ones that I find essential.. per say when I learned how to do a certain style that I really love I go back and see how I did it *_* Like Flei said it's best to see back when you weren't as good xD well not that I'm that good but it's good to see the progress throughout the years <3
  3. DangerousAngel
    DangerousAngel
    I keep the files and sometimes I go and check and if it is very old, I deleted but, I guess I'll be on the side of the people who keep them for ever since I often forget about them!
  4. gollumsfriend
    gollumsfriend
    I only keep them for about a week or so after auctioning/gifting and I'm certain that the owner likes 'em. For me, it's just a size issue.....I'm not even close to running out of hard drive space, but my pc isn't exactly a youngster anymore and I don't want it freaking out on me.

So I have it in .png with their name, and then the original psd....and only keep the .png because it's smaller. Pretty weird and likely pointless, I know.....
  5. kerlyness
    kerlyness
    fellow packrat here - I keep everything. space isn't an issue (at least not yet) and that way I can go back and try to see how I did something.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12