aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

[Disc.] JUN 11: Your Favorite Creation

1. Flei
    Flei
    June is here! Which means one thing: Summer~ Yaaaaay. <3 Finally, a break from all the cold. I give it a week before everyone starts complaining about the super-hot afternoons and army of ants invading their kitchens.

My AC is certainly gonna be looking at a lot of abuse this month. XP

*cough* So yes, back on topic...

This month's theme is your favorite creation!

Now come on, we've all got those sets: Sets that we've made that we ended up loving for one reason or another. Maybe it's because you managed to pull off a look you never thought you could, or you weaved in some random colors that look FANTASTIC together. You might have used a pic you didn't like and made it blend great with the background or used a random effect with lovely results. End result: Amazing set.

Or maybe it just rocks like nothing else you've ever made and you can't deny its awesomeness.

So come, show off some of your best creations! Post as many as you like~ And make sure to mention why you love it so much! It'd also be great if you could include your process of thought as you made the set (if you remember, of course!).

It's time to just flaunt your skills and showcase your talent! <3

PS. Feel free to shoot me a PM with suggestions for future discussions! <3 I'd love to hear everyone's ideas~
  2. Flei
    Flei
    L-lol, I ended up having to dig through the biggest pile ever. I can't believe how many sets I've made. @___@

SO YES, here are a few of my favorites. These were either shop or PM requests.

This avatar was originally in a set, but I like the avatar more. 8D

Anyway~ I remember having a lot of fun with this pic. <3 I thought it was so cute~ I think I love it especially since I absolutely hate the color yellow; unfortunately, yellow fit this pic the best, so I didn't have much of a choice. I didn't expect satisfactory results because I'm not used to working with yellows/oranges, so imagine my surprise when it came out looking decent! =D And even though I made this ages ago, I still think it wasn't a half-bad job.

Again, originally part of a set.

B&W FTW. o/

I love, love, love B&w sets, but I never get to make any. D| And... not many people seem to like them? Well I do, and I wish I could make more of them. The set didn't come out entirely b&w (there's some blue there...), but it's close enough. I remember telling myself not to do too much to the pic because it looked great on its own. Somehow, the black/white + blue approach seemed the best. And I was right, since I've seen this pic done by other people in the same color scheme. <3

Why do I love this sig? Because it was the MOTHER of all flukes. XD I didn't know what to do with the pic, so I decided to slap on random textures till something looked good. And guess what? I managed to finish this sig in under 20 minutes (which, for me, is a miracle wrapped around IMPOSSIBLE). The colors, the text—just. EVERYTHING came to me. So yes, definitely loving this sig. <3

Aaand at last, the flowery sig! I went through a patten+silhouette+weird border phase two years back. Almost ALL of my sigs looked like this. xP I still like the style, but I've (mostly) grown out of it. Still, seeing this sig is very nostalgic for me. I mean, this style defined my graphics a few years back. I mean, you didn't even see me around without this style next to me. Ahh, those were the days. *A*

Alrighty, that's all I've got. I mean, I've got more sets, but I don't wanna ramble. ;;
  3. Halite75
    Halite75
    Very cool Flei! I especially like the last one.

The sigs below show the progress I've made since I first started making sets.

This sig is pretty old, but it holds special memories since it is the first set I made that won first place in a contest:

And another old set that is special because if was the first set I made that did well in an auction. I was experimenting with patterns.:

This is the first sig that I realized I could improve by using brightness/contrast on the entire sig when I was done. Very helpful when dealing with a screenshot like in this sig.

One of the first (or maybe the first) sig I made without rendering. I really like the colors and would have liked to keep it. Pretty sure the person I made it for never used it.

I really liked how this one came out. I love the picture and how took a dark colored pic and made it light:

Here is the first sig where I feel I finally was able to use a texture effectively.

Here is another sig that I really wanted to keep for myself. I especially like the border I did.
  4. Flei
    Flei
    Halite75: Thank you! <3

Oooh, so nice! I can't believe how organized your history of sigs is! <3 My favorites are the third-to-last and last one. I really love the border and text on your last one. Absolutely beautiful! It's my favorite from the bunch.

And the third-to-last? Very neat and colorful. The coloring is amazing.

Also? It's so awesome that you have your first sig that ever won a contest! *jealous* I wish I could remember mine. D8
  5. aislinnelise
    aislinnelise
    @Hali ~ I love the 2nd from the bottom ...maybe cause it's mine...and it has special memories tied to it since you made it as a gift when you beat me in an auction!....I'll post some of mine later...I have so many to go through

@Flei ~ I'm a huge fan of B&W, and absolutely adore the BW sig you posted. I really like how you did the text placement, which is something I struggle with. And I love how clean and simple it looks, even though I'm sure it wasn't simple to make
  6. vizard light
    vizard light
    @hali: I really love that set you made
    As for me I can't quite pick my fav amongst my sets. My biggest problem of all times. I love all my babies!
  7. Flei
    Flei
    /late reply because internet sucks

aislinnelise: Thank you~ <3 And yes, B&W graphics are great, aren't they? *A* If I wasn't so obsessed with blindingly bright colors, I'd probably be using a B&W set right now. It's kinda sad not seeing any B&W sets here on AF; I mean, they have so much potential and depth. Also, the ones with just a single color like blue or red added for extra effect? Absolutely gorgeous.

vizard light: Just close your eyes and pick? xD Come on, it'd be great to see some of your favorite works! <3 I assure you, it's fun~
  8. cabbit_girl
    cabbit_girl
    hmmm considering all the sets I've made...its hard to narrow down my faves...I'll start with some ones that are special to me that I've made for myself...

this is one of the earliest sigs I made my self...its really special to me cuz it was the first one I made for myself that I got complimented on XD

and another early one that I finally figured out how to adjust colors in OC XD

this was one of the first ones I used 2 different images for and a quote that I really liked XD

and this was the first time I colored in an image...and delved into crack

after this I kinda took a long break...and disappeared from the forum for a bit...

when I came back to the forum and to gfx i was a bit more used to using OC XD

this was when I really got into the cut out style and for awhile...thats all you saw from me XD

and because 2010 was such a bad year for me, I was so happy when it was over i had to make a sig to celebrate

and I really resisted it for so long...switching to PS AND using Topaz...this was the sig that I made myself with both that didnt make me miss OC
  9. aislinnelise
    aislinnelise
    There were so many sigs to go through (and I was shocked by how many I've made in a year)...and a lot of them I really loved (there were others that made me want to hide in shame). So here are a few that stood out for me for various reasons that I was really happy with:

I made this as a Christmas present for BlackCoffee and love it because it is my favorite thing...monochrome with a splash of color.

Another favorite for a similar reason. I also was really proud of myself with this one because I learned a new technique while playing around with the image...making a focal point with one character in the midst of a group picture.

Another favorite I made for kohi...this was also another one where I was playing with new techniques and the outcome was better than I expected it to be.

This sig is a favorite because it was one of the first times I made a sig from such a difficult image. It was cut off on the sides and made for an awkward sig size. I loved how it turned out though...and haven't been able to do anything like it since (I don't think)

Hands down my favorite chibi/shota sig. I made this Harry Potter sig for kik's contest (along with 15 or so other sets) and it was one that I still love.

My favorite light colored sig that I've made. Then I got addicted to the bubble texture and overused it

This sig is a favorite because it was something completely different from what I normally do. It was dark and bright at the same time and was one of the first times I successfully used C4-D's in the background.

This one is a favorite because it was the first time I actually attempted to make anything even slightly cracky and succeeded...

This last one is a recent favorite I've made. I loved how the colors worked together and the background fit with the picture...
  10. Flei
    Flei
    cabbit_girl: I remember that Dino sig! <3 I saw it ages ago and really liked it. I also remember the crack sigs. XD Quite a few people got into crack a few years back, I think. It was funny seeing all those silly sigs. And wow, the gradual progress in the sigs you posted is great. It's awesome to go back and see all of the graphics you made waaay back when, isn't it?

aislinnelise: Omg, I REALLY love the third sig. *A* The coloring is gorgeous. The sixth one is also made of pure win. <3 Those are my favorite shades of green~ Hahah, I remember bubble textures. ;; I never got into them much, but they're really nice (and apparently addictive!).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast