aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Non girly BL mangas *With manga-kas*

1. Yumi Kirei
    Yumi Kirei
    I joined this group because I really dislike the whimpering, girly looking/acting ukes!

Some times I find mangas with a great plot, good characters....And then, just when it's about to turn real good, the uke transform into the girliest thing I have every seen.

So let's start recommending!

We can either recommend a manga or a manga-ka we know only draws non-girly manga.

So I'll start:

Manga-kas:

Sadahira Mika
    Suzuki Tsuta (Don't let the beginning of her mangas fool you)
    Yoneda Kou
    Natsume Isaku

Mangas:

CUT
    Hot Closet
    Mukizu ja Irarenee
    Mayou Otoko

I'll be sure to post more later. I just added the ones I recently read.
  2. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    Just yaoi or shonen ai mangas? Or everything?

If yaoi, then I CANNOT recommend Jazz lol. That manga actually made me angry.

I would suggest the Fake manga. Ryo never lets Dee get away with anything. lol

Also Wild Adapter. Neither of those boys are girly. Even if Tokito relies on Kubo-chan.
  3. Toshiya_Neko
    Toshiya_Neko
    The mangaka that wrote Under Grand Hotel never draws girly men.
    There are others... I'll have to look it up to be sure I spell the name's right
  4. Milcah
    Milcah
    Ike Reibun! Her art is somehow similar to Naono Bohra, but only better and hotter!

I'm sure Yamane Amano doesn't draw girly guys!

Miyamoto Kano - it's a plus that her mangas are heart-warming and realistic.

Sakuraga Mei- her art is original and really beautiful.
  5. heero171
    heero171
    Miyamoto Kano- Her stories are very realistic; sometimes heart-warming, othertimes very heart-breaking (from my perspective as a guy at least)

Yoneda Kou- almost all her men are either your typical guys hat you'd run into at a school or workplace and are very masculine, even the ukes (in a natural sort of way...you can tell the this mangaka does well with storyline and character development).

Suzuki Tsuta- Her yaois always put a twist on stuff, don't assume you know who the seme or uke will be.

There are many others that do well, but these three mangaka do it more affectively and more often. I don't have issues with effeminate men in yaoi, they just need to be explored more and not be so one-dimensional and predictable.

Taki from "Maiden Rose" is a good example of a uke who seems to fit the cliche' but is very quick to assert himself as a powerful commander/ leader and could kick the seme's (Claus) butt if he wanted to.
  6. heero171
    heero171
    P.S Many shoneai mangas do a good job also, but I can't name any mangaka or titles at the moment.
  7. jeun-chan
    jeun-chan
    Naona Bohra - her men are manly. And it's not always the weak or younger guy that's the uke.
  8. Fallen
    Fallen
    Hmmmm, I back Toshiya_Neko. Under Grand Hotel (Mika Sadahiro) doesn't draw feminine ukes. Also Damatte Naite Irunodesu (Uchida Kaoru) draws really really masculine ukes, their more masculine then the semes!XD and then theres Hide and Seek (Ike Reibun)
  9. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    So many good suggestions. I'm going to have to check these out
  10. the_assassin
    the_assassin
    Nakamura Asumiko hasn't been mentioned yet? Go read her now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast