Thread: game download

Yaoi Addict

at roys house watching him and ed *insert pervy grin*
    Savings

Envy (L2)Greed/Lin (L2)Pray for Japan
    Greed/Lin (L2)Scar (L8)Roy (L7)
    Zolf Kimblee (L3)Yuuki (L9)Envy (L2)

game download

ok i downloaded a game (its not on aarin so i cant post the link) and i know its legit and works fine because a lot of other people have downloaded it and it works fine for them. Its in .rar format. I extracted it and i cant find the game. There used to be several files in it and I know its in there because once I found the opening sequence and it played on my computer but now I cant even open the file to get to that, never mind the game. Whenever I try to open it I get all this computer gibberish type like the kind you use to build a program...anyone know the problem
    ps. I've checked my download areas and such and the game hasnt shown up only in other files and even then it wont let me access it.

i put this in the wrong area please disregard ^.^; if there are any forum mods out there feel free to close down or move *feels very stupid* im sorry for causing trouble
    Last edited by yaoi1fangirl; 08-23-2008 at 05:21 PM.

ZSP
    I think this would belong on the Games, Video & Codec section since you didn't download the game here, though it may be okay here. Anyway, I couldn't tell exactly what's the problem with your game but it sounds like the file could be infected or corrupted. Have you checked your computer for viruses? If not, then do a full scan and try to run a spyware and/or malware software to check for those as well. If you need an anti-virus, you can download AVG 8.0 Free from Here and if you need an anti-spyware and malware, you can download the free version of SuperAntispyware from Here.

Once you're done checking, let me know how it went and I'll do my best to help you

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)(S019) TinkleWing 1 (Right)
    Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)Spacer 1
    Luffy (L10)Sanji (L9)Ace (L10)

Hello. If you haven't done it yet, you should try to download it again and see if it works. Btw in which format is the main file to load the game? ZSP gave you good advices, have you tryed a virus-spyware scan?

Yaoi Addict

at roys house watching him and ed *insert pervy grin*
    Savings

Envy (L2)Greed/Lin (L2)Pray for Japan
    Greed/Lin (L2)Scar (L8)Roy (L7)
    Zolf Kimblee (L3)Yuuki (L9)Envy (L2)
    ive scanned it and theres no viruses ive downloaded it at least 4 times already from sendspace. its in .rar format all i keep getting is the gibberish and itty bitty pieces of what should be a game

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)(S019) TinkleWing 1 (Right)
    Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)Spacer 1
    Luffy (L10)Sanji (L9)Ace (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by yaoi1fangirl View Post
    ive scanned it and theres no viruses ive downloaded it at least 4 times already from sendspace. its in .rar format all i keep getting is the gibberish and itty bitty pieces of what should be a game
    In that case the archive is probabily corrupted or incomplete. Try to find another file for this game.

Btw there are .ISO files in the archive or something else?