aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Minako (L2)Lightning (L8)Ryūko (L8)
    Celty (L4)Tifa (L1)Aqua (L1)
    Ryoji (L2)Theodore (L2)Hope (L9)

Trouble downloading PhotoShop Trial

Hi, I went to the Adobe website, and downloaded the 30 day trial for "Adobe PhotoShop CS3 Extended".

I downloaded the program, but when I try to set it up, nothing happens.

Here's how it happened:

1.1.jpg

1.2.jpg

1.3.jpg

1.4.jpg

Then I get the standard pop-up window saying that "A program needs your permission to continue" appearing with the [Continue] or [Cancel] option, and I press continue.

1.6.jpg

And then after, the window disappears BEFORE the bar even starts to fill up, and that's it.

So, can I get some help please. I have the proper hardware requirements, but do I have to download something else too?

Thanks!

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Misaki (L1)
    Hey Mell, I'm no tech head.....but can you go in from the back door? Click:

START BUTTON
    RUN
    BROWSE
    find the FOLDER with SET UP and try from there?

Also, did you try rebooting your system and then opening the file?...sorry, that's all I got.

Yaoi Lover
    India, though I'd go anywhere with my computer and networks ^_^
    Savings

Ace (L5)Heart 1 (Blue)Luffy (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Shanks (L8)Gray (L9)
    Sanzo (L10)Zoro (L7)Sanji (L9)

I had downloaded the same thing when I'd first started at PS-- and nothing like that happened to me. O_o I'll try download it again, and see if there appears to be any such problem with it. Meanwhile, if you do not mind using cracked versions ( and do not wish to spend a hefty amount buying it ^^ ), download this torrent : Click : It's the full CS3 Extended version.

I'll get back to you with...something, when I complete downloading the trial and try installing it.

PS : Did you try rebooting as DDDPop said? That does give problems sometimes.

Hope this helps~!
    Last edited by Yavannah; 02-28-2008 at 04:49 AM. Reason: warez link deleted

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

I tried the "back door" method, but the same problem happened.

Ah...How exactly do I "reboot"? I know, I'm dumb, but I just spent 2 hours with a Dell Support worker yesterday after I let loose a Virus on my comp with, what do you know, a PhotoShop CS3 I copied from someone's computer -_-

I tired torrents before too, but which program should I download for that? I have "utorrent".

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

uTorrent should work alright. Though I've never used it, I can tell you the general way to download a file from a torrent. First of all, there's a link to download the torrent from the link I gave you. Next, open uTorrent and click on Open ( it must either be somewhere in the main toolbar, or in the File drop-down menu ). Then, open the torrent you just downloaded, set the destination where you want the file to get downloaded, and click OK. That should be it, though there might be some minor differences. The torrent will then start downloading, and it'll show you how much time is left for it to complete and how much has been downloaded. If you still get a problem, let us know here. ^__^

As for rebooting, um, you close all the programs running currently, shut down, and start your computer again. Or rather, when you shut down, there's an option to restart-- that's the same as reboot. And I didn't find any problem with the trial package, Mel-- maybe you didn't download it completely?

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Bah, I'm so dumb! I can't believe THAT'S reboot *shakes head*.

I forgot to mention, I did actually download PhotoShop with utorrent, but it had it's own problems, can't remember WHAT exactly, but it didn't work for me either.

So that package is fine? Damn it! Alright, I guess I'll try reboot.

But in case that doesn't work (and pessimist I am, I'm sure it won't), what else can I do?

I downloaded (just a regular download, no torrents) PhotoShop CS2 Trial from a random site, and it worked fine for the 30 days before I had to actually pay for it -_-

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Uhm, you will not get PS CS3 Extended as a direct download or hosted on some site for free, most probably. There might be some place where you would get it broken down in parts and uploaded to Rapidshare, but I really don't have an idea about where you can find it. If you're up for buying it, then it's kind of okay anyway, except that it just costs a lot.

I'd suggest you try downloading the torrent by some other software if uTorrent doesn't work for you. Azureus, maybe? The torrent I found should not give you any troubles, cuz I downloaded mine from there too, and it works just as well. Even then, if it does ( supporting your pessimistic views xD ), PM me and I'll try find a solution for you.
    Last edited by Jade Phoenix; 02-27-2008 at 11:54 PM.

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Thanks. Alright, let's hope it works. Hopefully, I won't fill your inbox with dumb inquires :P