aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

'Rejoining' or making split files work

I apologise if this isn't where this is supposed to be posted, or if it has already been asked [although I did scour the forum looking for previous posts about this], but I am having trouble with three files which have .avi.001, .avi.002 and .avi.003 as the extension. Usually I just take the number off the end and they play, however this time they've decided to be mean to me and not work. Could somebody explain how I could either play them seperately or put them back together again? [note: am working on an Imac]

Thankyou so much to whomever takes pity on me!

Rose xxx

Yaoi Lover
    India, though I'd go anywhere with my computer and networks ^_^
    Savings

Ace (L5)Heart 1 (Blue)Luffy (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Shanks (L8)Gray (L9)
    Sanzo (L10)Zoro (L7)Sanji (L9)

Did you try to un-RAR them with WinRAR? I haven't used mac yet, but I guess it will work there as well? Cuz usually such files are split into parts using WinRAR, and thus, are joined using the same. Dunno if this helps, but hope it does~! ^^

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Aki (L7)Sono (L3)Sunao (L2)
    Mikoto (L3)Ueno (L5)Seiji (L2)
    Sanzo (L10)Shinichirou (L8)
    The 001/002 etc files are splitted with HJsplit which unfortunately doesn't work on mac BUT there is another programs which you can find in here. I hope one of those work, if not there are more if you search google. I work on Windows so I'm not sure which one is better

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Teito (L4)Zero (L8)Ayanami (L5)
    Mikage (L8)Kaname (L10)Frau (L1)
    Xanxus (L10)Ritsuka (L7)Soubi (L10)
    Beensprout: you need to download HSPLIT, a software to join those type of file together since it's splited up by either hsplit or Xtremsplit and WINRAR won't help you there because it doesn't get split up by WINRAR software in the first place. You can download Hsplit for MAC from this website http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/#mac and unzip the file to a folder and just click on the .exe file and follow direction here http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/manual/documents/5.html to join a file, make sure that all of the file baka.avi.001, baka.avi.002...etc... are in the same folder good luck.
    Last edited by mimosa; 02-19-2008 at 04:17 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

thanks for replying *is sorry she was a bit late in the thanking*

I will try the programs and see if it works.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Anyone know how join 1 file AVI with 1 file of subtitle??

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

You mean as in, you have a raw avi file and a seperate subtitle file (.srt or whatever) that goes with it? Well, you have three options. The first is to find a player that will let you superimpose an outside subtitle file on the video you're playing back (unfortunately, I can't recommend a specific program--I use mplayer, which can do it but is not exactly user-friendly). The second is to use a video editor like virtualdubmod to add a subtitle stream to your file (you'll probably have to convert it from avi to ogm or mkv to get it to play back properly afterwards). This process is called muxing. The third option is to use a video editor to actually burn the subtitles into the avi video. (Again, I can't recommend specific software for that--the stuff I use is effective, but unwieldy.)

My recommendation is to read what your video player's help file has to say about subtitles before you try to do anything drastic.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Wink

Ok thank eliddell for your replying. I've just to find a program now for the muxing