aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Kazuki (L1)

it automatically saves to TEMPORARY FOLDER

hi!

i am recently encountering this problem...

Before, when i click a download it, it asks me in what folder do i want to save my file...

But now, all of the sudden, when i click a download link, my computer automatically saves/downloads the file in my temporary folder..

sure, i could still choose which folder i want the file to be saved but it would require me to right click the link and select save as...

i want my old method of downloading back

can someone tell me the heck is wrong?

(im using windows XP and Internet Explorer)

thanks in advance!

ADD'L INFO: i just realized that in some download sites like Savefile or when i download from Dangerous Pleasure and LiquidPassion, i do have to do that "right click - save as" thing... BUT i some download sites like Zshare, i only have to click it...

it wasnt like that before... like i just need to click when im using ANY link...
    what's going on? i dont want my computer's inconsistency!
    Last edited by lemonpocky; 02-06-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Soubi (L2)Kyouya (L3)Dante (L9)
    (S002) Misaki(S004) TakiLuka Crosszeria (L12)
    Pray for Japan(S026) Kei YamashiroYoruichi (cat)
    when that happens to me what i do is before clicking on the link, i right click and save link as, then it should open to where you want to save the file...it may work, but that's what i do sometimes

And I got lots of peas!

Savings

(S010) JokerTaki (L1)Riki (L4)
    Yukihito (L1)Sakuya (L5)Takenaga (L5)
    Ueno (L5)Jiang Wei (L2)Sono (L3)

I don't know which browser you use, but you should be able to change the download setting under "preferences" in your browser.

At least with Firefox there are two related settings I know of. (I haven't used Internet Explorer for years, so I don't know about its settings ^^; )

There is one preference where you can decide whether the browser asks every time where a file will be saved. This one should be set to "ask every time".

The other one is where you can decide what programs a file is associated with. If your files now get saved to the temp folder that could mean that the file is associated with a program now. (Example: When you click on a link to a mp3 file it no longer asks where to save the file but saves it in the temp folder and automatically starts a mp3 player.)
    I once installed Quick Time and this stupid thing decided to relate itself to all kinds of file types I preferred other programs or just downloading for, so I had to change the settings under browser preferences...

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Kazuki (L1)
    i use internet explorer...

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Aki (L7)Sono (L3)Sunao (L2)
    Mikoto (L3)Ueno (L5)Seiji (L2)
    Sanzo (L10)Shinichirou (L8)
    As I haven't used IE for years I can't be sure if I'm right but you can try to reset the settings to original. There shuold somewhere be a setting for that like yavannah said before

Yaoi Lover
    India, though I'd go anywhere with my computer and networks ^_^
    Savings

Ace (L5)Heart 1 (Blue)Luffy (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Shanks (L8)Gray (L9)
    Sanzo (L10)Zoro (L7)Sanji (L9)

I'm not entirely sure this is the solution, but try this out. Go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> and click on Restore Defaults.

Does this help? This is going to remove any of your customized settings, btw. So change them back if you've done some.