aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Watching Ritsuka and Soubi Make Memories ~ \=^o^=/ ~ ラブレス ♪♥
    Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Sora KH (L10)Wing 1 (Right)
    DS_006_leftSora (L7)DS_006_right
    Sora KH (L8)Ventus (L8)Vanitas (L8)

External Hard Drive

Hi, I'm not sure if this is in the right section... I thought it would qualify as "other" but well, MODs, If it's wrong please move it.

*cough*
    Anyways, I was wondering If anyone knew if the brand Seagate for External Hard Drives was a good and reliable brand?

A few months ago my other EHD totally died and I lost everything. Which is very depressing to still think about... -_-''

Anyways, to be specific I have this one:

Portable hard drive | USB hard Drive | FreeAgent | GoFlex Ultra Portable Drive | Seagate (Mine is 640GB)

And well, My sister got it just recently on "Black Friday" (XD) and told me to see If it was a good brand or not to see If well... I should Keep it or return it.

So... yeah, Just wondering if anyone call tell me if It's a keeper or If I should return it and save my money on another, better, brand.

Thanks for any help/answers.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Spacer 1Laguna (L6)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Pray for JapanSpacer 1
    Spacer 1(S001) Endo(S002) Misaki
    Seagate is one of the bigger HDD makers and has been for 32yrs now. They are a good brand if your looking for an easy external drive to use. They also just bought out Samsung's HDD division.

I own one, and it's a few years old now but it still works good. Like with all HDDs how you handle and care for it will determine if it was money well spent or wasted.

Just my opinion of course. Others may feel different. Also you can search Google for reviews for the model type that you got to see what others think of it as well. ^.^

Extreme Yaoi Guru

In a big king bed with Kakashi, Asami, Kojuurou, Koujaku, Hanamiya, Hisoka, Sekizan & He Tian
    Savings

Kakashi (L10)Heart 1 (Red)Iruka (L8)
    Asami (L10)Heart 1 (Red)Fei Long (L10)
    Kakashi (Hokage) (L9)Kakashi (L8)Kakashi (L7)

Seagate is good brand. My first thought is: Hewlett Packard HD and Intel HD.

I have portable external hard drive called Western Digital. Western Digital is one of the largest computer hard disk drive manufacturers in the world. I have blue portable external hard drive (see this link).

I have Hewlett Packard computer so I would get Hewlett Packard portable external hard drive but the customer store who work in computer area; the person asked me some questions:

1) How old is your computer?
    2) How much memory?
    3) How much hard drive?

I answered 3 questions; the customer store gave me Western Digital HD. I asked why. The person said that my computer is old and hard drive is 500GB. Also the person said that some portable HD is not working for old version and old computer. I get portable HD is good for old computer.

That is all I know. I suggest you to explore your Seagate HD and see how it works.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Personally I would never go with seagate because it is always a hit or miss; either the thing does not work from the start or it suddenly dies without warning.

Godtier in ranking for external discs; Western Digital (not just personaly opinion, a majority of media studying students agrees and I have had discs from them 5 years old and not failing)
    Second place to me would be Lacie

Hewlett Packard Bell.. I haven't heard from anyone lately that they buy their hdd's let alone intel.

If you're in the USA though, new egg has nice actions for black friday on externals. Take a look there. Don't forget to also order poptarts.

edit;
    I forgot to add that any hdd is expensive nowadays ever since the flooding, prices have gone up 100% over the past 3 months. It is expected that in March they will lower again.
    Last edited by KarumA; 11-29-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Seagate is good indeed, I don't own any external HDDs, but I have some internal HDDs, one of them is 11 years old and working. I had problems with a model that came with engineering issues, they replaced for me with no cost. I always keep backups, so it was no big deal. Seagate had problems in the past, I have no clue what caused this.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    well....seagate is okay...I has a couple that are hitting a 5th birthday as it were and they are fine....
    but my personal favorite is maxlor ....very robust ,can run day and night ...got me two in 1998(ice storm year) and they are perfect to this day ....

remember to keep your drives cool many do not have fans inside the casings....(I use a small fan) and the life of you drives will increase......

also ....the greatest unwritten rule of the digital age ....BACK YOUR DRIVES! ...even if they are for storage....all drives will fail in time....perpare for that do regular backing up of your files....you'll sleep better at night....

jerry0503214
    I own one, and it's a few years old now but it still works good. Like with all HDDs how you handle and care for it will determine if it was money well spent or wasted.

Just my opinion of course. Others may feel different. Also you can search Google for reviews for the model type that you got to see what others think of it as well. ^.^