aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

TonberryHyoma (L9)(S021) Riki
    Hope (L9)Dante (L9)Riki (L9)
    Noctis (L8)Zack (L8)Angeal (L6)

Profile conversation

I tried to reply to a comment on my profile and I got this message. I can't think of why my account would have been disabled. I don't think I've done anything against the rules I've got no warnings if I had done something wrong. However the person I was talking to happen to get particularly rude because I wouldn't say hello when I messaged them. Like I was the one being rude. Is it possible to block someone from replying to profile comments and yet still be allowed to pm them? They said I could still pm them if I needed help But I can't seem to reply to any comments from them in my profile.

I most defiantly activated my account. I did it before doing anything else.

LestatxArmand, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

Maybe the other user have a profile set to only be accessible by friends and you are not listed as a friend.
    Is also possible to completely block a user. Then this user won't be able to see the profile or PM the user.

Mordor
    It's possible to block people, but it doesn't work like daniyagami said. I have tested the block-feature, both blocking and being blocked, and I can still VM/PM to the person who had blocked me, they just didn't see what I had written in their vm because it got automatically hidden, and they have to manually unhide it in order to be able to read it, if they choose to do so. (This is also what happens to all posts by the blocked person. They need to be unhidden.)

So this is definitely just a matter of privacy settings. This person has limited their visitor messaging to contacts/friends only or disabled it completely. But has PM still enabled, so they can be contacted more privately. I currently have these settings as well. If you wish to be able to write visitor messages with this person (given that they have not disabled them completely), you can talk it out with the person, and ask for possibility to befriend them. :)
    Last edited by Mordor; 05-13-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Mordor View Post
    It's possible to block people, but it doesn't work like daniyagami said. I have tested the block-feature, both blocking and being blocked, and I can still VM/PM to the person who had blocked me, they just didn't see what I had written in their vm because it got automatically hidden, and they have to manually unhide it in order to be able to read it, if they choose to do so. (This is also what happens to all posts by the blocked person. They need to be unhidden.)
    It's not what I see. I blocked some people and they were unable to PM or VM me anymore. And a user blocked me and I can't see his/her VM page nor can PM him/her. The option is not there anymore. Maybe is how the new forum works.

Mordor
    Hm, that is odd. Because I added a friend of mine on ignore-list for testing purposes (again), and he was still able to see my VM, and I was able to see his, and he succeeded in writing me a VM as well. However, if I were to remove this person from my friends list, which I later did, he naturally was not able to do anything because of my privacy settings. But because he has none I was still able to write on his (this was after we had ignored each other). So maybe it is something that will happen after a certain time once the person is added to the ignore list, and has to stay there for a long while, or it is merely just that after they blocked you they changed their privacy settings. Granted that you were not on each others friends list at that point.
    Last edited by Mordor; 05-13-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

I'm curious about this, I wish an admin would clarify how this really works.

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

What exactly is the problem, because a lot of things are being described and I can't seem to follow.

For general explanation, you can set your profile VM to your contacts/friends only. This means people other than that will not be able to view your VM's to someone (but they can view someone VM's to you--because it's based on permission of the author, not the recipient).

Profile privacy and ignore list are 2 different things. When you ignore someone, their posts will be hidden--nothing more, nothing less.

Mordor
    No problem here, Dai. We just had different view on what the ignore list-function does. Thanks for clarifying it. :)

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

No problem at all. We just had different thoughts about how some functions works.
    Thank you for explain.