aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S003) Lelouch

Media Player Preference?

I believe this is somewhat on topic of Anime.

What media players do all of you use, and why do you prefer it over others?

I've been having weird issues with CCCP (Combined Community Codex Pack), and I wanted some suggestions on what to try.

Thanks for the input!

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

A combination of WMP and CCCP for most anime, VLC only for movies because it can't properly read many codecs and doesn't use cccp which is kind of annoying (hang ups and green freezes everywhere with .mkv files nowadays).

What problems are you having if I may ask and what player do you use with it?
    I would recommend SM player as an alternative, but it also uses CCCP.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Charley (L8)Nano (L5)Maes Hughes (L6)
    Aomine (L10)Shiki (L9)Badou (L5)
    (S025) OzakiNaoki (L5)Ryuunosuke (L5)

VLC is usually good for different formats etc but does have problems when you try to jump to points and fast forward etc. GOM is a really good one I think, if you try to play a file and it doesn't support it, it can find the codec for you to download. I really do like that one but I'm too lazy to install it on my new laptop haha, so I've been struggling with VLC which likes to jump around when I try to rewind just a little.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Quote Originally Posted by mokona666 View Post
    VLC is usually good for different formats etc but does have problems when you try to jump to points and fast forward etc. GOM is a really good one I think, if you try to play a file and it doesn't support it, it can find the codec for you to download. I really do like that one but I'm too lazy to install it on my new laptop haha, so I've been struggling with VLC which likes to jump around when I try to rewind just a little.
    It isn't just jumping around. Nowadays some fansubs groups use different codecs than they use regular, I remember that fansubs were int he past read able without problems, this has manifested itself over the last 3 years.
    A good sample would be the last episode of Ao no Excorcist by gg, when I opened it with vlc all I would see were hang ups and the screen will then reset to green not while skipping but by playing. When opening it with WMP which uses the codecs of cccp (vlc does not intergrate with them) the problems were gone. I had always thought it was a hardware problem but the video codecs are nowadays to rough to be read by vlc properly.
    cccp has odd problems too though, though this isn't a problem regular users have but int he past when I have been using 3d modeling software and only with 3dsmax has this happened, after rendering out things my codecs would break themselves (green static and no sound for all videos) until I reinstalled it. With other 3d software I never had this problem. Odd very very odd.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

POTM - 1 StarMakima (L10)SOTM - 2 Stars
    Denji (L9)Power (L7)Aki Hayakawa (L8)
    Makima (L9)Makima (L8)Gojo Satoru (L9)

I use MPC-home cinema with K-lite because CCCP gave me a lot of trouble with it. The output is very good but I also use VLC when MPC fails me in some cases.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Charley (L8)Nano (L5)Maes Hughes (L6)
    Aomine (L10)Shiki (L9)Badou (L5)
    (S025) OzakiNaoki (L5)Ryuunosuke (L5)

Quote Originally Posted by KarumA View Post
    It isn't just jumping around. Nowadays some fansubs groups use different codecs than they use regular, I remember that fansubs were int he past read able without problems, this has manifested itself over the last 3 years.
    A good sample would be the last episode of Ao no Excorcist by gg, when I opened it with vlc all I would see were hang ups and the screen will then reset to green not while skipping but by playing. When opening it with WMP which uses the codecs of cccp (vlc does not intergrate with them) the problems were gone. I had always thought it was a hardware problem but the video codecs are nowadays to rough to be read by vlc properly.
    cccp has odd problems too though, though this isn't a problem regular users have but int he past when I have been using 3d modeling software and only with 3dsmax has this happened, after rendering out things my codecs would break themselves (green static and no sound for all videos) until I reinstalled it. With other 3d software I never had this problem. Odd very very odd.
    Mine's not quite like. It is when I tried to skip to a certain part, it would take forever to load, and skips to somewhere else instead. Even when I try again, to a different part, it'd still skip back to where it was before...so if I miss something and try to go back, it would jump to for exmaple the end of the vid instead. I think it's the same reason though, the codec doesn't read the file properly or the file requires multiple codecs which are not fully compatible or something like that (muxed files). Usually if it is just divx avi it is ok (still skips a bit but at least it goes to a place close to where I've clicked).

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S003) Lelouch
    Quote Originally Posted by KarumA View Post
    What problems are you having if I may ask and what player do you use with it?
    I would recommend SM player as an alternative, but it also uses CCCP.
    A few recent problems, such as, it being unable to play certain shows (in Media Player Classic that comes with CCCP). For example: when I start up Infinite Stratos or Hakuouki it plays normally for a few seconds, but then the video freezes. (I use media player classic that comes with CCCP)
    The problem doesn't occur when I use WMP or Divx, but they make the subtitles annoying to read. Most of the time the font size is like 25 and it hangs words off onto a new line that meshes with the first line.
    Last edited by Nerifes; 05-12-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Sentarou Kawabuchi (L1)X Standard (Black)Kaoru Nishimi (L1)
    Rei Ryugazaki (L4)Heart 6 (Devil)Nagisa Hazuki (L4)
    Jiki (L2)Arata Wataya (L4)Kusakabe (L8)
    vlc dammit.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Issues with CCCP are mostly a matter of configuration. Just turn off the filter that manages the video you are having that issue and MPC will play it using the proper codec.
    GSpot is a good software to check how the system are handling the videos. GSpot Codec Information Appliance Don't be worried with the lack of updates, Gspot works very well even with Windows 7.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Annie SnK (L7)Hange SnK (L7)Mikasa SnK (L9)
    Ryūko (L8)Spacer 1Satsuki KLK (L9)
    (S076) SilverAsh(S054) Prompto Argentum(S074) Akihiko Kaji
    Yeah, when I can't see subs in MPC, I change filters/output methods, and it works fine.

I use MPC + CCCP, it's worked for everything so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast