aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Usami (L2)Endo (L2)Kyon (L3)
    Media Player Classic + K-Lite Codec Pack (Codec Guide: K-Lite Codec Pack - Windows 7 codecs) for all my video needs, and a humble Windows Media Player for my music. Have to use MPC, because my Windows 7 is Japanese version and other video players don't play well with my OS, they often crash T^T

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Quote Originally Posted by Nerifes View Post
    A few recent problems, such as, it being unable to play certain shows (in Media Player Classic that comes with CCCP). For example: when I start up Infinite Stratos or Hakuouki it plays normally for a few seconds, but then the video freezes. (I use media player classic that comes with CCCP)
    The problem doesn't occur when I use WMP or Divx, but they make the subtitles annoying to read. Most of the time the font size is like 25 and it hangs words off onto a new line that meshes with the first line.
    have you tried looking into the Sm player which is als optioned in the cccp setup.
    As for subtitle size, it isn't really caused inside the player but in the Vobsub.

I am not a big fan of Klite though, it installs codecs that you hardly even use and take up unnecesary space and memory processes.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarumA View Post
    have you tried looking into the Sm player which is als optioned in the cccp setup.
    As for subtitle size, it isn't really caused inside the player but in the Vobsub.

I am not a big fan of Klite though, it installs codecs that you hardly even use and take up unnecesary space and memory processes.
    I use K-lite mega because I encode video ...but you can chose only what you want to install .... its very customizable
    I have no problems with it at all ...but my sister .. she like CCCP .. is as is

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

In the end, it really is a matter of personal preference. I use MPlayer, which is generally robust and capable of playing anything (and it even does fancy tricks--if you want to play back your video upside-down in negative colour, force the subtitles to be rendered at the top of the screen in 12-point Wingdings, and stop playback automatically after five minutes and 38 seconds, it can do that), but it isn't the sort of software that most people would choose--by default, it runs from the command line, and the list of available options is long enough that even I sometimes find it a bit daunting.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

(Event) Forum - Hazuki (young)Elsa (L10)(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Natori (L10)(S020) YokozawaWicked (L10)
    (S040) RyoumaHakutaku (L7)(S007) Reborn
    For people who are having trouble with VLC it may be worth checking to see if you have the most recent version. I was having a few issues with VLC before - but now that I am on the new computer (which ok, also has a bit more ram than the old), I'm finding that even some of the files I was having trouble with before, play fine now. Media player classic with CCCP works well for me as well.

I've used Gom player in the past and it's a nice program, but didn't really stand out for me. I find VLC more intuitive to use now these days as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12