aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yaoi Lover

Savings

Yuri Katsuki (L7)X Standard (Black)Victor Nikiforov (L7)
    Lan WangJi / Lan Zhan (L6)X Standard (Black)Wei WuXian / Wei Ying (L8)
    (S082) Hiyakawa RihitoDS_004_mid(S083) Mikado Kousuke
    If you sent a email to Hotmail Staff and waiting for a reply or them to fix the glitch (i had same problem with hotmail when they where updating it), try downloading ThunderBird. Its by the same people who done FireFox but its a email account holder, so you can access you emails from it, add additional accounts and when Hotmail is fixed, the emails are still all there but marked as unread.
    Just as a temp. idea that is, till hotmail runs for you again.

((i also get the same problem on my iPhone, it comes up username and password is incorrect or emails could not be uploaded.))

MemeX2
    @ AoyagiRitsuka - I already tried this method, and strangely enough, it doesn't work for me. I thought that I would've...
    @ - smexycloudstrife - Thanks, that was useful, I'll use that as a temp

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

Do you have a proxy server set in Chrome or are you connecting to Internet via a proxy?
    The only other issue I can think of for now (outside of firewall or blocked application) could be a proxy setting...

I see that you got to go through forums and support pages...
    As alternative, if you have other e-mail than Hotmail, you perhaps can redirect your Hotmail account to them... I do that between y Hotmail and Gmail account, I receive Hotmail through Gmail...
    Using Thunderbird or any other type of e-mail tool is also a good idea as already mentioned by smexycloudstrife...

How long is it now that you got the problem with Chrome and Hotmail unaccessible?
    Was there any change in your configuration/hardware/software before this happened?
    Last edited by angerbda; 09-26-2010 at 07:29 AM.

MemeX2
    @ angerbda - Sorry for my incompetence, but how do I check if I have a proxy server set in Chrome?

I must've been having it for a few months now. As far as I know, there weren't any changes... Unless my roommate messed around with it, which is unlikely.

Although I would like to be totally satisfied with that alternative, it affects all e-mail providers (well, hotmail, yahoo and g-mail are the only ones I've checked) and also affects websites that I use any of those e-mails to log on to...)

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

A proxy can be set in the Internet Options of any browser.

For detail on proxy ==> Proxy server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From Google Chrome, You can access the Internet options this way:
    (1a) select Customize and control Google Chrome icon in the address bar
    (1b) select Options
    (2) On the Hunder the hood tabpage, select Network/Change proxy settings
    (3) the Internet Options wind will open. Select then the Connection tabpage and LAN settings button
    (4) The connection settings will appear. You can see if there is a specific configuration script used or a proxy set... these can act as filter fr some webpages... (cf. attachment pictures)

... Usually, proxy or scripts are used in organization/company to "manage" internet connections... Some will be set at the computer level.
    It happens also that some Internet provider are also using proxy to connect their users. But usually the main mail websites will be enabled... It would more be to block some content or blacklisted websites...

Check if you have any settings there in the LAN settings. If there are, take not of them in case you have to reset them, and un-check the check-boxes related. then reconnect to internet and see if you access you mails.

If nothing is set as a proxy or script... after checking earlier all the other possibilities such as firewall and blocked sites... I have no more idea of what could block you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12