aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MemeX2

Google Chrome not opening Hotmail page? T_T

It only started a few days ago, but my internet hasn't been opening hotmail. I'll type in 'hotmail.com', or google it and go from there, or go from msn.co.uk first, but it won't open the main 'sign in' page. This is obviously really inconvenient, so if anyone could help me figure this out, that would be fantastic! I love Chrome, I really don't want to have to use a different browser.

PS, I did google it, and it told me to uncheck 'detect automatic settings' in LAN-settings, but that didn't work. Unless I'm doing something wrong, as I just kind of had to figure it out since the question didn't specifically say Chrome...

EDIT: Tried it with yahoo! e-mail, and it didn't work. Also didn't work with IE8 and Mozilla Firefox that I downloaded especially to test it. Also, it now won't let me log in to Seventh Dragon and other RPG's that I have to log into using my e-mail.
    Last edited by MemeX2; 09-25-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Have you tried other browsers?
    I am not having any troubles at all, though I use Firefox..
    What you can try and do is the following: see if in your options menu you can find a security blocked websites list, it should be under security and see if hotmail was added to it. If yes then remove i, if not then perhaps try and see if there's an exceptions list, which should exist under the same tab and maybe see if it will work if you add it to that list

MemeX2
    @ KarumA - It does work in Internet Explorer, but it is just so painfully slow... I also tried what you said, but it is still acting up.

@ Amaterasu - I cleared the cache, but the site would still not open. The page opens when I open it using the cache version, but when I try to login it just shows the same "This webpage is not available" message.

MemeX2
    Okay, I just tried on IE out of frustration... and although it brings up the sign in page, whenever I try to sign in it just says that 'This webpage is not available', just like Chrome. -__-;

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Are you using a firewall?
    If so then try accessing it while having it turned off, just to see if maybe that is the problem.
    Also do you have your cookies turned on? Some webpages refuse to load if you have cookies turned off

MemeX2
    I tried logging in without the firewall but it just did the same thing, and I have my cookies turned on.*despairs*

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

No sure if it can help, but there is a bunch of similar posts in Google Chrome Help forum
    =. Search results - Google Chrome Help

you perhaps will be able to find your answer...

I am using chrome and have no issue with accessing hotmail account... so I am not sure what could be missing in your side. I would guess it can come from the Chrome setups or your internet property settings...
    ... or perhaps simply the version of Chrome you are using.

... and also, to login to Hotmail, I use the main login to Windows Live ID: https://login.live.com/

MemeX2
    Okay, I tried what Amaterasu said, and to my horror, I soon found out that I could not log into my Yahoo! account. GAH!! This is very worrying...

@ angerbda - Of course the first thing I did was comb those forum, but I am doing it again just in case I missed something. Have gone through a few posts already and have found nothing, but I will continue. I have also tried to log in using many different links, I even tried to go through MSN (which works fine) and open my e-mails from there, but none of these methods have worked.

Also, it says 'Google Chrome is up to date (5.0.375.99).' I'm assuming that this is a good thing that it is up to date, or has there been problems with the latest versions, or something like that?

Yaoi Expert

Savings

DS_001_leftIsaac (L8)DS_001_right
    Kyouhei (L6)Star 1 (Silver)Sunako (L7)
    Fei Long (L10)Riki (L9)Iason (L9)

I noticed someone mentioning firewalls, though instead of turning them off (which is unwise) try to go into the options and "allow" the sites you frequent. I have found that does help, even with internet connections.

AoyagiRitsuka
    If you're still having this problem you can try downloading Windows Live Mail. I have it and use it. Its really good. You can log on there and check your e-mails from many different e-mail accounts. And you can make it your default e-mail checker so if you're using msn and click the little e-mail icon it will pop up windows live mail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast