aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(Event) Forum - Victor NikiforovHeart 1 (Red)(Event) Forum - Yuri Katsuki
    Wing 1 (Left)Yuri Plisetsky (L9)Wing 1 (Right)
    Noeru (L11)Rey (L3)DS_006_right

livejournal virus?

Can any of you tell me what is this???
    I've got this when I try to upload on livejournal. And came with some kind of error message. And question marks.

Hello...
    Welcome to PicPix.

This is a photo/video sharing/tag/organization application, with an emphasis on metadata and backups.

And it's Open Source and community-developed, so you can run it on your own server if you want and/or send us back changes for parts that you don't like or could make better.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

checked the company's site on Whois
    Domain Name: picpix.com

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
    Whois Server: DELETED THIS
    Referral URL: DELETED THIS
    Status: clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited

it is a bot hack, whether it is just on the LJ page I don't know I'll look into it and upload something to LJ myself

the address I deleted, I recognized it right away and can tell you that it isn't trust worthy
    My friend had his msn hacked somehow so he would poof online and offline withing a second and send a message like "Hey is this you on this photo *link*" that link is a malware site that infects you and it was listed in the domain registry. So don't use this PicPix, that is what I will add DO NOT USE IT!

It is a very nasty and annoying trojan virus that makes pop ups and hacks your msn as well probably spreading it to other people

I'll post again when I find out more

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Is this what the page turned into?

I didn't get a pop up about the program, I have an add blocker that probably blocked it out
    I didn't see the text either about the program either, where was the text listed?

My advice, do not upload pictures to LJ for a couple days until it is fixed, report it to their tech support.

As for you OP, I don't know if you were infected or not. I think you are okay cause my anti virus didn't scream virus download when I hit the upload button

If you want to be certain then run malwarebytes (free)
    Malwarebytes.org
    Or your own anti virus

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Thank you for the answer. And now I'm shaking and waiting for the news.
    Well I didn't clicked it, I closed internet at once.
    Oh God please don't let me be infected.

Yes it was this one. So bad I go to live journal daily.... so can I go to livejournal but not upload? I confused.
    I'm going to report now.
    Last edited by bra00724; 01-26-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

I looked around on google and found a tech entry about this

Scrapbook is currently suffering from the same MogileFS problems causing userpic issues on livejournal.com. As for your 500, there are a couple of known bugs that you could be referring to, but we're all so busy cleaning up data center issues that they'll have to wait a bit. deletedemail seems a bit weird but it's just a global apache config variable, and that address will work just fine, so no worries.

Sorry for all the issues right now. :-/
    I removed the email that was listed from picpix, so yes someone was attacking LJ and some other servers and changed something in the html, it happens sometimes (China hackers has been bothering sites more frequently lately)

So all we can do is wait at this point and warn others not to use the upload and report it to LJ, add this link and tell the the addresses it is registered to are known malware spread sites that hack accounts and cause trojans http://www.who.is/whois/picpix.com/
    Visiting who.is does no harm it shows who the site of picpix is registered to but the addresses listed for Picpix are harmful so stay away from them

the guy with the quote had a problem uploading and this message, he didn't trust it either but it seems they are on a roll on other sites as well

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Also scrapbook is offline now cause they are working on it

Notice: ScrapBook is currently unavailable. LiveJournal's developers are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by KarumA; 01-26-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Thank you again. It's just my bad luck. Let's hope I didn't get infected.
    I use Norton 360 and it didn't saw anything.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Hmmmm I still can see my pictures on scrapbook.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Then you are lucky, glad I could help

The pictures might still be there, the tech notice is if you go to the scrapbook page from the main .com site by using the top button, currently I am sending messages to any in the tech support forum on lj that asks about this picpixy

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Okay back from LJ support, it isn't a virus but just the case of Scrapbook's old domain name picpix being removed and some pages still linking to it

I am sorry for any confusion this has caused you; please let me assure you there is no cause for alarm.

PicPix was one of the original names for ScrapBook, and the domain was likely owned by Brad Fitzpatrick, LiveJournal's creator. He used GoDaddy.com to register the name. GoDaddy.com is a legitimate and popular web hosting & domain name registrar service. Since the registration has expired, GoDaddy held onto the name so that the company can resell it. That is why you are receiving such odd results from a "whois" check.

Some of the outdated ScrapBook pages still have links to PicPix, but these pages should not be displaying. Today, we are seeing a higher than normal number of people accessing ScrapBook's database, and for awhile the wrong pages were being shown, including the truly bizarre page you screencapped. Our operations team is working on this problem as well as balancing the load of the entire site, as we are seeing unusual traffic at this time.

If you have any further questions about this situation, please ask so that we may clear up any confusion you might still have.

Regards,
    Carrie Stevens
    Technical Support Manager
    LiveJournal Community Care

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

also here you can read the support tpoic:
    Request #1041569

Mordor
    What KarumA said.

For future preference, you should take a quick look at LJ Support every now and then, where they have a list of Known Issues, to check is your problem already there and answered. Also, you can always ask questions like these in their support-board, where staff answers to you quickly. It's also a good thing to do because then they can become aware of issues they might've missed otherwise. (Asking questions in Support Board is also helping in training the new volunteers.)

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Thank you. I will do that in the future. But for now I will stay away from uploading on livejournal for some time. To bad I have soooo many pictures there.