aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Luinquesse

Download keep freezing

Well I have this problem and I don't have any idea is the fault in my internet connection or what...

I've been trying to download the new Maiden rose ova for couple days now from the direct links and also from MU, MF and SP, but it always froze at 816kt on all... every time. And I get an error saying the source could not be read, try again later or contact the server manager. I also tried to download one of the Patalliro epidodes from a direct link here but it froze after 1,9mt and I got the same massage.

I'd like to know what's up here -.-
    Last edited by Luinquesse; 11-07-2009 at 08:14 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

It can be a connection problem or a browser problem (IE is horrible managing downloads). You can try to use a download accelerator or (I don't know what browser you use) use Firefox. If you use Firefox you can install a complement that helps you to manage downloads like Download Them All.

Luinquesse
    Quote Originally Posted by daniyagami View Post
    It can be a connection problem or a browser problem (IE is horrible managing downloads). You can try to use a download accelerator or (I don't know what browser you use) use Firefox. If you use Firefox you can install a complement that helps you to manage downloads like Download Them All.
    I just downloaded the Free download manager, but it seems it doesn't support MF -.- What would be a better downloader? And yes I use firefox.

And I don't believe the problem is with my connection because my internet and online games run just fine... only the downloads freeze
    Last edited by Luinquesse; 11-07-2009 at 09:54 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

And I don't believe the problem is with my connection because my internet and online games run just fine... only the downloads freeze
    This doesn't mean anything. It can be your internet connection. You don't use much resources when browsing pages and online games don't use browser resources. Still can be a connection problem. If the connection is not stable, as example, downloads fails.
    I never used Free download manager but they have a page - Free Download Manager - absolutely free download accelerator and manager - maybe you find better explanations there.
    With the complements I use at firefox all I have to do is input the download address (http:// etc) and the program does the rest.

Luinquesse
    This doesn't mean anything. It can be your internet connection. You don't use much resources when browsing pages and online games don't use browser resources. Still can be a connection problem. If the connection is not stable, as example, downloads fails.
    I never used Free download manager but they have a page - Free Download Manager - absolutely free download accelerator and manager - maybe you find better explanations there.
    With the complements I use at firefox all I have to do is input the download address (http:// etc) and the program does the rest.
    Hmm, I'm trying to download with FDM from MU atm but I keep getting Some "unknown server error"... and FDM doesn't even support MF -.- argh. What is the downloader that you use with firefox, I could try it..and does it support MF and MU?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

I use download them all and flash got. They both work automatically. I put something to download (normal procedure, click the link and save as) and firefox does the rest. You need to configurate to properly works.

Luinquesse
    I use download them all and flash got. They both work automatically. I put something to download (normal procedure, click the link and save as) and firefox does the rest. You need to configurate to properly works.
    Ok, I'll see to those later ^^ I just managed to download Maiden Rose as a torrent with FDM. Sadly I cannot find Patalliro ep 13 as a individual torrent so I need to get all 13 ep xD

But anyways, thanks for your help

I'll curse MU and MF both to hell with this xD They never work properly.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Gyokuyou (female) (L1)Roy Mustang (L10)Mato (L2)
    Kuugen (female) (L1)Firion (L2)Gyokuyou (L1)
    Kagami (L4)Balthier (L6)Star 1 (Silver)

Recently (yesterday and today) I can't download from MU either.. they keep freezing, or get some errors resulting in broken files *curses MU*

Luinquesse
    Quote Originally Posted by Himmelmez View Post
    Recently (yesterday and today) I can't download from MU either.. they keep freezing, or get some errors resulting in broken files *curses MU*
    That's exactly what I have -.- I'm feel sorry for you but I'm also glad I'm not the only one...

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

Is the problem solved now?

Quote Originally Posted by Luinquesse View Post
    [...] And I get an error saying the source could not be read [...]
    I got this error message usually when I try to download to an external drive (USB drive usually) and somehow the connection to this drive is lost/unstable...

... would it be the case for you?

MU, I know they had recently some problems with security and the rest, but seems to be working fine now...

And as for the downloaders... is the problem solved?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast