aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Question Omerta not starting up

Hello! I'm wondering if anyone has run into a similar problem! I was able to install the game and even got the patch to run with a little bit of messing around with the AlphaDiscLog.text file! However, I'm continuing to see this message whenever I try to run the program.

I can read Japanese and it says to insert the original game disc; if the disc is inserted, click the following button to download a separate program from the karin site (it requires a serial number so this option is impossible for me). I've never really had any problems with the game before on my old computer running on Windows 7. I recently got a new laptop, however, and it runs on Windows 8. I've been able to install many of my old games but this one is giving me a lot of trouble at the moment. I'm really hoping this game is compatible with my new laptop and it's not the computer causing the issues!

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if it helps at all but my laptop makes a strange noise whenever I try to start up the game as if it is searching for a disk that isn't actually there... Is there any way to bypass this check?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by biieru; 11-06-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: more information added!

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Sentarou Kawabuchi (L1)X Standard (Black)Kaoru Nishimi (L1)
    Rei Ryugazaki (L4)Heart 6 (Devil)Nagisa Hazuki (L4)
    Jiki (L2)Arata Wataya (L4)Kusakabe (L8)
    Hmm, when I downloaded the game it came with some sort of crack. Called alsignup_100723b. I suppose this is what makes the game work as if you've registered it. If it asks for the CD just mount it with Daemon tools or similar, assuming you've got the game downloaded as an iso file. Last, if you don't have a Japanese computer you need to change the location settings. ( Set it to located in Japan, obviously. Or it wont save. ) I've successfully managed to install it two times on different operative systems and had no problems as soon as I fixed the settings problem. Mess around some more, maybe it works. See if you've got that sign up file...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Seny View Post
    Hmm, when I downloaded the game it came with some sort of crack. Called alsignup_100723b. I suppose this is what makes the game work as if you've registered it. If it asks for the CD just mount it with Daemon tools or similar, assuming you've got the game downloaded as an iso file. Last, if you don't have a Japanese computer you need to change the location settings. ( Set it to located in Japan, obviously. Or it wont save. ) I've successfully managed to install it two times on different operative systems and had no problems as soon as I fixed the settings problem. Mess around some more, maybe it works. See if you've got that sign up file...
    Hello and thank you for the reply!

The alsignup_100723b.exe was included in the .rar that I downloaded with the omerta.iso file. I mounted the omerta.iso file with Daemon tools and was able to successfully install it to my computer (the files were all there in my "Program Files (x86)" folder and a shortcut was made onto my desktop as well). Running the game, I got the 1503 error shown in my original post.

Next, I tried to patch the game with the alsignup_100723b.exe but I kept getting an error that the AlphaDiscLog.txt couldn't be found. I had to go into my directory for my old computer that I had backed up with Omerta already installed and I found the .txt file under "My Documents/SETTEC". After I moved that over, I was able to patch the game successfully and I got this screen:

I changed my system locale a long time ago to Japanese so I don't think that's the problem... Any more ideas as to why this might be happening? Thanks again!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Sentarou Kawabuchi (L1)X Standard (Black)Kaoru Nishimi (L1)
    Rei Ryugazaki (L4)Heart 6 (Devil)Nagisa Hazuki (L4)
    Jiki (L2)Arata Wataya (L4)Kusakabe (L8)
    I got the AlphaDiscLog.txt in the exact same place, and my game runs fine. The error message looks like tells you that something went wrong with the patching... But I'm not sure. You've probably already tried things like running the game in different modes. As well as running it as "administrator", right?

You can always try uninstalling the game, then install it again. Make sure all the old files were deleted before attempting a new try. You know, sometimes Windows is a bi*ch and does whatever it wants, it may work although not guaranteed. lol

If northing else works, though this is probably less fun... Download the game again or from another user, the one you got could have been damaged. Now this is just as a last solution. You've probably just missed out on something. It's a little hard remembering what I did myself exactly since it was months ago last time I installed it.

Hope you get it to work!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Seny View Post
    I got the AlphaDiscLog.txt in the exact same place, and my game runs fine. The error message looks like tells you that something went wrong with the patching... But I'm not sure. You've probably already tried things like running the game in different modes. As well as running it as "administrator", right?

You can always try uninstalling the game, then install it again. Make sure all the old files were deleted before attempting a new try. You know, sometimes Windows is a bi*ch and does whatever it wants, it may work although not guaranteed. lol

If northing else works, though this is probably less fun... Download the game again or from another user, the one you got could have been damaged. Now this is just as a last solution. You've probably just missed out on something. It's a little hard remembering what I did myself exactly since it was months ago last time I installed it.

Hope you get it to work!
    Yes, I've pretty much tried every different combination of running in administrator and with different compatibility versions as well (Windows 7, XP, etc)! I'm really not sure why the patch would be unsuccessful even after it gives me the patch success pop up screen unless it is indeed a corrupted download. I'll try a fresh download from a different source and see if this solves the problem! Thanks for all the help though; I really appreciate it. I hope nobody else is having this much of a headache trying to install the game lol

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Gian (L4)Star 1 (Silver)Ivan (L4)
    Giulio Di Bondone (L1)Bernardo Ortolani (L2)Luchino Gregoretti (L1)
    Zhan Zheng Xi (L9)Bakshi (L1)Mo Guan Shan (L9)
    Were you able to solve the problem and run the game?
    Cause I'm having a similar problem and no matter what I do, I can't get the game to run
    Thanks!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Okay, after much searching, I finally figured it out. I think all of these problems comes from Windows 8 or something....

(Someone said to uninstall the following. Not sure if this works and he had an XP. I only had the top one)
    Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB2753842
    Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB2758857

1) After installing the game, and with the iso still mounted, copy AlphaROM Signup Tool (the patch als_something or other patch) to the install folder of the game.

2) (At some point, I'm not sure when but I'm assuming here) Your "AlphaDiscLog.txt" goes into your C:\ folder somewhere (search for it). Create a SETTEC folder under C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\ and put the "AlphaDiscLog.txt" there.

3) Run AlphaROM Signup Tool

4) Locate the newly created .sig file (C:\ProgramData\ASign -- it's in a hidden folder) and rename it to alsign.sig (If the .sig file was not created you may have to run the game once to create the file: AlphaDiscLog.txt; located in C:\Users\*Current_User*\Documents\SETTEC\)

5) Run AlphaROM Signup Tool one more time to create another .sig file.

6) Cut and paste alsign.sig to install folder of the game.

7) Unmount the iso file.

8) Run the game.

Information/Credit from:
    Omerta ~Chinmoku no Okite~ [Open thread/questions] - Page 12
    How do I use alsignup? - Q&A - CraneAnime and Ero-jiji's eroge

Hopefully this solves everyone's issues
    Last edited by Jarneer; 10-06-2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: corrections

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Aiichiro Nitori (L3)Ayase (L8)Rin Matsuoka (L9)
    Taki (L2)Shirotani Tadaomi (L8)Izumi (young) (L1)
    Shiro (L2)Aki HY (L8)Sonic (L6)
    I cant find Alpha ROM Sign Up Tool. i really need help

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    suzunehajime: The Alpha Secure Rom program is still on the DVD, so when the ISO is still mounted, check the DVD's contents for a file starting with the letters "ALS". Copy this program file to the install directory of Omerta. Then follow the rest of the instructions.

The Alpha Secure Rom program creates a TXT file on your harddrive, sometimes it shows up properly in "C:\", and sometimes it shows up elsewhere. (Like in the Install folder)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Aiichiro Nitori (L3)Ayase (L8)Rin Matsuoka (L9)
    Taki (L2)Shirotani Tadaomi (L8)Izumi (young) (L1)
    Shiro (L2)Aki HY (L8)Sonic (L6)
    1.jpgSadly i cant find it... this is the dvds contents. I just pressed right click on the icon and i just opened desitnation folder.

So if i managed to fine this where do I put it?where the iso is at or the file destination?
    whaat txt all i found is alphadisclog.
    2.jpgi made a folder and when i did reinstalled everything again it showed me the correct msg with alsph sign up but as soon as i launch the game

4.jpgit shows mee this.

5.jpgI also have this too in my folder documents

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast