aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Aether (L9)Vesta (Battle Lover Vesta) (L4)Scarlet (Battle Lover Scarlet) (L4)
    Ikuto (L3)Fei Long (L3)Allen Walker (L3)
    Asami (L10)Jin Ling (L2)Light (L3)

Absolute Obedience on windows 10 tablet: "initializing directinput failed"

Hello everyone!

So I got absolute obedience working without any problems at all on my windows 10 desktop, but a few months ago I got a super cheap windows 10 tablet for the sole purpose of playing BL visual novels for which it has been great. I already played starfighter eclipse on it and am playing camp buddy currently and its awesome. DMMD reconnect and lamento also work great. However, I wanted to put absolute obedience on it for after camp buddy and its here I have run into a snag.

The game works great on windows 10 on my desktop, but on my tablet I get the following error whenever I try to run the game: "initializing directinput failed". Nothing else happens. Compatibility mode and/or running as administrator does not help. Downloading directinput dll from internet and putting either in game folder or system32 does not either. I thought it might be because of the lack of a mouse and/or keyboard on the tablet, but installing a virtual mouse does not make any difference either. I have also tried to install directx10 manually from the internet, does not make a difference either, and to install the directx version bundled with the game from the install program, but that says its not compatible with this version of windows.

Any idea how to fix this? I really wanna be able to play this game on the go after I am done with camp buddy, from one client to the next in public transport for example. Anyone...? :/

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Aether (L9)Vesta (Battle Lover Vesta) (L4)Scarlet (Battle Lover Scarlet) (L4)
    Ikuto (L3)Fei Long (L3)Allen Walker (L3)
    Asami (L10)Jin Ling (L2)Light (L3)
    How fitting I solved it exactly at this point in time it has been read 69 times UwU ...

Anyway, my guess was correct: I bought and connected a bluetooth mouse and it started and now runs perfectly. Like most VN's it doesnt need anything more then a touchscreen to be playable, but the mouse has to be connected to start the game!