aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

If by "Did you install TnC as the administrator account" you mean that I clicked "Open as Administrator", then yes. If you mean something else, like logging into a different account (the Aministrator one) to install the game, then no.

I did apparently activate the Administrator account, which was inactive as I found out by doing some research. But I really have no idea if it did work when I installed the game. (This is really confusing ghhhh sorry)

As for the Properties tab of the game: It does not look like what you told me. I guess that's the problem....
    Here's what I have:
    togainu.jpg

Do you think there's something to do about this? :c

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Clear (L9)
    Thanks, Kojichan and Kumichi :3 Uninstalling the 09/09 updates from Windows 8 worked!
    Last edited by Koala; 09-14-2015 at 02:59 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hey, thanks! This solved the issue I was having with the administrator message. I'm having issues with getting the game to find the CD drive. It's mounted and everything, but I'm still getting the "Can't find the game disc" error message.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by pokegal93 View Post
    Hey, thanks! This solved the issue I was having with the administrator message. I'm having issues with getting the game to find the CD drive. It's mounted and everything, but I'm still getting the "Can't find the game disc" error message.
    You need to keep it mounted on Daemon Tools or whatever virtual drive you have. Daemon tricks the game into thinking you have a disk in.

If it's already mounted you'll need an older version of Daemon. I had to use version 4.46

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by klari19 View Post
    If by "Did you install TnC as the administrator account" you mean that I clicked "Open as Administrator", then yes. If you mean something else, like logging into a different account (the Aministrator one) to install the game, then no.

I did apparently activate the Administrator account, which was inactive as I found out by doing some research. But I really have no idea if it did work when I installed the game. (This is really confusing ghhhh sorry)

As for the Properties tab of the game: It does not look like what you told me. I guess that's the problem....
    Here's what I have:
    togainu.jpg

Do you think there's something to do about this? :c

Nah, you don't want your properties to look like mine. XD This is good.

But, yeah, I was inferring if you were logged in as an administrator account outright and installed Togainu no Chi. You don't really need to run it as an administrator if it's not in the default location.

I'm not entirely sure why Windows is marking this as a problematic UAC program... It's most definitely NOT on my computer. Do you have any extra antivirus or anything?

Gosh, I'm really not sure what's going on. I've never had a program suddenly become required to have UAC run... Only thing I can think of, is the EXE was corrupt somehow, and Windows is treating it wrong.

---- EDIT:

Let's try something here... Maybe your computer accidentally gave the folder the wrong owner...

Follow these steps for Win 8 and 10.

1) Right-click the folder in question, select Properties.
    2) Click the Security Tab, then Advanced.
    3) Look for the Owner tab at the top of the window, and look for where it says "Change." Click it.
    4) Click Advanced at the bottom.
    5) Click Find Now and scroll down the list that appears until you find your username. Select it, then click OK, then OK again. If using Windows 8, it should be your name, then your windows account (an email address) unless you didn't connect to their online service during install or account creation.

Windows 7 is similar, but instead of clicking "change" in step 3, look for "Edit" and then select your username.
    Last edited by Kojichan; 09-15-2015 at 08:06 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Nah, you don't want your properties to look like mine. XD This is good.

But, yeah, I was inferring if you were logged in as an administrator account outright and installed Togainu no Chi. You don't really need to run it as an administrator if it's not in the default location.

I'm not entirely sure why Windows is marking this as a problematic UAC program... It's most definitely NOT on my computer. Do you have any extra antivirus or anything?

Gosh, I'm really not sure what's going on. I've never had a program suddenly become required to have UAC run... Only thing I can think of, is the EXE was corrupt somehow, and Windows is treating it wrong.

---- EDIT:

Let's try something here... Maybe your computer accidentally gave the folder the wrong owner...

Follow these steps for Win 8 and 10.

1) Right-click the folder in question, select Properties.
    2) Click the Security Tab, then Advanced.
    3) Look for the Owner tab at the top of the window, and look for where it says "Change." Click it.
    4) Click Advanced at the bottom.
    5) Click Find Now and scroll down the list that appears until you find your username. Select it, then click OK, then OK again. If using Windows 8, it should be your name, then your windows account (an email address) unless you didn't connect to their online service during install or account creation.

Windows 7 is similar, but instead of clicking "change" in step 3, look for "Edit" and then select your username.
    I did everything you told me, but it didn't work OTL I'm so sorry, I just think that my computer is stubborn.... Funny thing is, I installed the game on another computer that's running Windows 7 and it only took one time for it to run perfectly. I installed it, and I was able to play. I am so mad omg.

Anyhow, thank you so so so much @Kojichan, I'm sorry we couldn't solve this tho, I would have wanted to know exactly what was wrong but I guess my computer won't cooperate...

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Keisuke TnC (L1)Heart 1 (Red)Akira TnC (L1)
    Morinaga (L9)Heart 1 (Red)Tatsumi Souichi (L6)
    (S004) TakiX Classic Italics (Black)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Hi I was wondering if someone could help me with a similar problem? I instaled the game yesterday and it ran perfectly first time round, but now everytime I shut down my laptop it suddenly doesn't work anymore?
    Basicly I will run the game as administrator with japanese locale but I get no errors and nothing happens.
    I also tried playing the game through applocale itself but it keeps giving me an error saying "Applocale was unable to launch the specified application. Please make sure the application is valid."

Thank you!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Hello Alanah77771!

It sounds like the ISO for Togainu no Chi isn't mounted any longer. When your computer is shut down or restarted, most ISO mounting programs will unmount the ISO. Try remounting it and play again.

Togainu no Chi has a CD Check to verify authenticity. AKA, Anti-pirating measures. ^_^

As for the "Applocale was unable to launch"...

Sounds like you're using Windows 8? -- Either way, it might be saying that because the game isn't starting up because of the ISO not being mounted, so Windows things the game isn't working properly.

Out of curiosity is your computers System Locale (not Applocale) set to Japanese? If not, did you at least make sure to run the Togainu no Chi installer with Applocale? TnC's installation folder is named with Kanji, so the game not working might be related to the Kanji not being saved properly when the game was installed.

Would you mind taking a screenshot of the folder where you installed TnC for us? ^^

Thanks!

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Keisuke TnC (L1)Heart 1 (Red)Akira TnC (L1)
    Morinaga (L9)Heart 1 (Red)Tatsumi Souichi (L6)
    (S004) TakiX Classic Italics (Black)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello Alanah77771!

It sounds like the ISO for Togainu no Chi isn't mounted any longer. When your computer is shut down or restarted, most ISO mounting programs will unmount the ISO. Try remounting it and play again.

Togainu no Chi has a CD Check to verify authenticity. AKA, Anti-pirating measures. ^_^

As for the "Applocale was unable to launch"...

Sounds like you're using Windows 8? -- Either way, it might be saying that because the game isn't starting up because of the ISO not being mounted, so Windows things the game isn't working properly.

Out of curiosity is your computers System Locale (not Applocale) set to Japanese? If not, did you at least make sure to run the Togainu no Chi installer with Applocale? TnC's installation folder is named with Kanji, so the game not working might be related to the Kanji not being saved properly when the game was installed.

Would you mind taking a screenshot of the folder where you installed TnC for us? ^^

Thanks!
    Sorry currently away from the laptop I'll take a screenshot tonight. My file mounted isn't an ISO file itd something like .CUE could thst be the issue? Thanks you've been so helpful already

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

No worries! ^^

And it's also fine about the ISO being not really an ISO. I meant it more as a generic term for something that can be mounted, or an Image (Disc rips are called Images).

There's also CCD, IMG, CUE, SUB, BIN. Lotsa stuff. But the bigger files are the one's that mean something. Those are more the.. IMG, BIN, and ISO routes. The CCD, CUE and SUB are actually more for re-burning the image, and help "put back" hidden data that may be required like anti piracy stuff.

Err... Sorry, I went on a tangent there. What I was meaning to say, is that I have an IMG/CUE/CCD version of TnC, as well.

But yeah, take your time. ^^

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast