aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kaneki Ken (white hair) (L9)Aoba (L2)Akira TnC (L1)
    Rai / Cadis Etrama di Raizel (L1)Aki Gotouda (L1)Keisuke TnC (L1)
    TimcanpyShizuo (L2)Konoe (L2)
    When I typed "sc start secdrv", it gives me the text "Downloading this driver is blocked"? Do you know what could be blocking it and how to unblock it?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hmm, is this a fresh install of Windows 10 and not an upgraded version from an older version of Windows?

Oh, and minor note... The Windows update that was the original culprit was KB2919355.

Let's try two things...

(It sounds like the driver isn't there...)

First, try the second option in my post here: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4332784

If THAT doesn't work (Or you can't finish the steps because something is missing), then it may be the driver isn't there at all.

The first post ( http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post4332694 ) explains how to bypass that restriction and install the driver (It's a bit of a work around, though...)

It's a shame nobody seems to have an ISO of the Vista Support Edition of Togainu no Chi... I'd love to see if that one can work.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It's upgraded version from Windows 8.1 and I tried the first option and value data was already 2 and before I try that second method: I had two icons that you didn't have in the secdrv folder. Should I do something about them?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Which ones are missing (ErrorControl and Type)? I'm moderately certain those extra ones are created whenever the program runs properly and needs to remember something, but we can create them.

And... Would you mind taking a screenshot of a few things for me?

First, your CMD black window with the error message you're getting (including any error numbers that show up).
    Second, the folder with the files you installed TnC into.
    And third, the exact error message TnC is giving you.

^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Oh, there weren't any icons missing just two extras but I guess those don't matter then. Here's the screenshots: CMD.PNGError Message.PNGTogainu no Chi Files.PNG
    After the FAILED 1275, it says "Downloading this driver is blocked". I think that there isn't anything else that could be important in finnish but if there is just ask.
    Oh, and I maybe should have mentioned sooner but I had Togainu no Chi working perfectly for one day after I installed it. Then I couldn't play it for two weeks since I had something else to do but when I tried again after two weeks it gave me that error message. I'm pretty sure that when it worked I still had Windows 8.1 but I don't remember if I installed Windows 10 during or after those two weeks, since that was a month ago. (I don't really know if that changes anything but I just thought that if it might then I better mention it)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

No worries. ^^ I just needed the error code #.

Are you running any antivirus programs or firewalls, anything like that? Something seems to be blocking the driver from running, and it's not Windows (for once); it's something else. Windows already is set to run the driver properly, according to your screenshot of the black command window, and your registry entry.

Also, are you running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It's 64-bit version. I don't have any antivirus programs and I'm pretty sure I don't have any firewalls... So is there anything else that could be blocking it?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaCat View Post
    It's 64-bit version. I don't have any antivirus programs and I'm pretty sure I don't have any firewalls... So is there anything else that could be blocking it?

OK, I got permission to do something else, and I can't believe the timing on this...

I had been searching for a copy of the Vista version of Togainu no Chi to help you and others with similar issues... So special thanks to @Alanah77771 for this!

---
    First, hop into the folder you installed Togainu no Chi to, and RENAME the old "togainunochi.exe" to "togainunochi.bak".

Next, download this file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1sr8zdd7h...nochi.zip?dl=0

This is a copy of the Togainu no Chi Vista Support Edition program file. It's just an EXE (Zipped up atm). Unzip it into the folder you installed Togainu no Chi and just run it.

Please let me know if this works for you or not. It's basically a NOCD version of the game, and was meant for newer Windows versions, so it should work in 7, 8, and 10 nicely.

^^ I hope this works for you.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Awesome, Kojichan! I'm back in business with TnC with that file after much frustration.

Now to figure out how to fix my equally broken Omerta (which I may be making a thread about). I was way too impulsive in deciding to upgrade to Windows 10 the other day...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It worked! Thank you so much!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast