aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    No worries. ^_^; There are lots of people who don't speak English as their first language here.

OK, so it looks like you might have an HP Envy 17".

Does this look familiar? (HP Envy 17-j005eo med extra garanti - Hewlett Packard - Dator med mera hos Billigteknik.se)

Graphics card seems to be an nVidia... So let's see about maybe updating the graphics driver!

Drivers | GeForce <-- Head here and find the green button marked "AUTO DETECT GPU". This should help find the proper driver for your card. Download and install it. Let's see if that helps fix the strange DirectX issue.

EDIT: Hope I catch you here... If the GeForce website says that it doesn't find an nVidia or GeForce card, then your laptop has an Intel HD graphics. I'll find the proper driver for that.

IntelĀ® Driver Update Utility BAM Click on the blue button.

Download ONE or the EITHER. If you don't have nVidia card, use Intel link. If you don't have Intel, use nVidia.
    Okay, I'm right now waiting for download to complete. This far it's looking good, GeForce worked for me. I'll be telling results soon

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsu View Post
    Okay, I'm right now waiting for download to complete. This far it's looking good, GeForce worked for me. I'll be telling results soon
    Awesome! I hope it works... *fingers crossed*

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Awesome! I hope it works... *fingers crossed*
    Well, does it work? I don't think i can really anwser that. GeForce work for my windows 8, but when i try to do same with my windows 7(using virtualbox) page says that it couldn't fing any NVIDIA products withn my system.. I don't know if i can explain this properly, but for example, Norton works with my windows 7 too, even if it's installed only on my 8. So, because of this, i think if downloading GeForce would've solved my problem, i didn't even need to really download it to my VB's windows 7. Or what is your opinion? I feel like my brain is going to explode, this is sooo complicated 8,)

Oh, and i did try to run my DMMdrc crack after succesfully installing GeForce thingy to my windows 8. Crack still didn't work. :/
    Last edited by hamsu; 01-25-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

No worries. ^_^; There are lots of people who don't speak English as their first language here.

OK, so it looks like you might have an HP Envy 17".

Does this look familiar? (HP Envy 17-j005eo med extra garanti - Hewlett Packard - Dator med mera hos Billigteknik.se)

Graphics card seems to be an nVidia... So let's see about maybe updating the graphics driver!

Drivers | GeForce <-- Head here and find the green button marked "AUTO DETECT GPU". This should help find the proper driver for your card. Download and install it. Let's see if that helps fix the strange DirectX issue.

EDIT: Hope I catch you here... If the GeForce website says that it doesn't find an nVidia or GeForce card, then your laptop has an Intel HD graphics. I'll find the proper driver for that.

IntelĀ® Driver Update Utility BAM Click on the blue button.

Download ONE or the EITHER. If you don't have nVidia card, use Intel link. If you don't have Intel, use nVidia.

I decided to try intel page link too. I only came up with problem again.. all of my devices were unsupported..1.PNG

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Well, does it work? I don't think i can really anwser that. GeForce work for my windows 8, but when i try to do same with my windows 7(using virtualbox) page says that it couldn't fing any NVIDIA products withn my system.. I don't know if i can explain this properly, but for example, Norton works with my windows 7 too, even if it's installed only on my 8. So, because of this, i think if downloading GeForce would've solved my problem, i didn't even need to really download it to my VB's windows 7. Or what is your opinion? I feel like my brain is going to explode, this is sooo complicated 8,)

Oh, and i did try to run my DMMdrc crack after succesfully installing GeForce thingy to my windows 8. Crack still didn't work. :/
    The Virtual Machine will NEVER use your device's real information. It won't find any of it. Hense, "Virtual Machine". You cannot control the drivers very easily in it at all.

Let's see...Well, we've done the driver updates... System is up to date. You have the latest DirectX updates...

I do know of people who have played this game in Windows 8 so it is possible. DirectX 11 emulates 9.0c in Windows 8, so it's very possible that a component that DirectX 9.0c uses is not physically on your computer (emulated).

This is going to sound silly, have you tried running it in Compatibility mode? Moreover... Where did you install the game? What folder name?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

The Virtual Machine will NEVER use your device's real information. It won't find any of it. Hense, "Virtual Machine". You cannot control the drivers very easily in it at all.

Let's see...Well, we've done the driver updates... System is up to date. You have the latest DirectX updates...

I do know of people who have played this game in Windows 8 so it is possible. DirectX 11 emulates 9.0c in Windows 8, so it's very possible that a component that DirectX 9.0c uses is not physically on your computer (emulated).

This is going to sound silly, have you tried running it in Compatibility mode? Moreover... Where did you install the game? What folder name?
    At first, sorry that my anwser took so long and second, do you mean running Compatibility mode in virtual machine or on my actual windows 8? (plus i'm not 100% sure of what that mode even is. I quickly looked for information from internet but that's all. ^^') And files are saved in program files folder. And just for the information (i don't know if it matters or not) but i don't have anykind of shorcut or application or anything of direct X. So i can't really try putting it to same folder. I remember when i was having problems with another program, which needed newer version of direct X that i currently had. At that time, i somehow got actual direct X application thingy which i could put to the same folder the one needing it.. or something like that. i don'tknow if this was any help or if i just messed things up but.. yeah, hope you get what i meant.
    Added: Do you possibly have any way of asking how the people you mentioned got this game to work with their windows 8 computers, maybe? Ypu don't need to fo that, it it's too troublesome, tough. Thanks anyways
    Last edited by hamsu; 02-04-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

At first, sorry that my anwser took so long and second, do you mean running Compatibility mode in virtual machine or on my actual windows 8? (plus i'm not 100% sure of what that mode even is. I quickly looked for information from internet but that's all. ^^') And files are saved in program files folder. And just for the information (i don't know if it matters or not) but i don't have anykind of shorcut or application or anything of direct X. So i can't really try putting it to same folder. I remember when i was having problems with another program, which needed newer version of direct X that i currently had. At that time, i somehow got actual direct X application thingy which i could put to the same folder the one needing it.. or something like that. i don'tknow if this was any help or if i just messed things up but.. yeah, hope you get what i meant.
    Added: Do you possibly have any way of asking how the people you mentioned got this game to work with their windows 8 computers, maybe? Ypu don't need to fo that, it it's too troublesome, tough. Thanks anyways

Actually, I meant Windows 8 Compatability mode. ^^; First open the folder that contains DMMd, (You said it's in Program Files??) then RIGHT-CLICK on the DMMd crack EXE and select "Properties". It's the bottom-most option in the popup menu.

After that there is a tab named "Compatibility", select that tab. Check the checkboxes that say "Run as Windows XP SP3" or "Windows 7" (Or similar).

I'm actually working on installing Windows 8 on my own laptop (That currently has Windows Vista), but I don't actually... erm, own a copy of Windows 8 to do that with. ^__^; It seems I need to install it to test games and help troubleshoot...

Windows 8 is a completely different version of Windows compared to Windows 7. It was re-written, and doesn't work the same way internally. Visually it looks like Windows, but it really isn't. It's just so different. It's like comparing Windows XP and Windows Vista and Windows 7 together. They're all pretty different. It's just that Windows 8 is really picky...

By the way, the DirectX thing isn't a file you stick in the same folder as the game. It's an entirely different program called a "Driver" that just... uh... "runs" whenever you run a game or program. It's automatic. One sec...

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center <-- This is a link to the latest version of DirectX. You can download it and try to run the program to install. I'm nearly 100% certain that it will give you an error saying "Latest DirectX is already installed" And it won't do anything. But, never hurts to try.

I'm not sure how the Windows 7 Virtual Computer works so I can't say to use it or not. But all teh advice I'm currently giving is strictly Windows 8 related.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Actually, I meant Windows 8 Compatability mode. ^^; First open the folder that contains DMMd, (You said it's in Program Files??) then RIGHT-CLICK on the DMMd crack EXE and select "Properties". It's the bottom-most option in the popup menu.

After that there is a tab named "Compatibility", select that tab. Check the checkboxes that say "Run as Windows XP SP3" or "Windows 7" (Or similar).

I'm actually working on installing Windows 8 on my own laptop (That currently has Windows Vista), but I don't actually... erm, own a copy of Windows 8 to do that with. ^__^; It seems I need to install it to test games and help troubleshoot...

Windows 8 is a completely different version of Windows compared to Windows 7. It was re-written, and doesn't work the same way internally. Visually it looks like Windows, but it really isn't. It's just so different. It's like comparing Windows XP and Windows Vista and Windows 7 together. They're all pretty different. It's just that Windows 8 is really picky...

By the way, the DirectX thing isn't a file you stick in the same folder as the game. It's an entirely different program called a "Driver" that just... uh... "runs" whenever you run a game or program. It's automatic. One sec...

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center <-- This is a link to the latest version of DirectX. You can download it and try to run the program to install. I'm nearly 100% certain that it will give you an error saying "Latest DirectX is already installed" And it won't do anything. But, never hurts to try.

I'm not sure how the Windows 7 Virtual Computer works so I can't say to use it or not. But all teh advice I'm currently giving is strictly Windows 8 related.
    I once again followed your instructions. So that certain checkbox is now selected, and i downloaded that directX version too. And as you guessed, window appeared saying i already had newer version. So all this didn't make any huge process with my problem, but maybe it was some sort of help. And by the way, good luck with your windows 8 survey, hopefully it will work out smoothly enough

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Um,,,anybody know the password for the game?
    I can't unzip it cause the password keeps on saying its wrong

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S085) Joshua GallandPOTM - 1 Star(S084) Coyote
    Star 1 (Yellow)(S089) Ogasawara Jirou(S088) Hirano Taiga
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Star 1 (Silver)

@monstersong;

Try downloading the game from THIS POST. You shouldn't need a password for it.
    Remember to click on the 'THANKS' button on the bottom left of the post to thank the uploader for their efforts~

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast