Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

-i forgot to add quote to this post, so i cleared it-
    Last edited by hamsu; 01-21-2014 at 11:40 AM. Reason: identical messages

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hello hamsu!

You're half-correct about the DirectX issue.

Are you playing in Windows 8 on a Laptop, by any chance?
    Oh, yes i am using windows8 laptop. Plus, because i couldn't seem to find DMMdrc 64-bit version (which my latop could've run), i ended up downloading VirtualBox program. And now i have been trying to get the game's 32-bit version to work with windows7 32-bit using my VirtualBox. I have also seen many people making install tutorials with 64-bit versions (or that's how it seems to me, because they had their DMMdrc files in 'program files (x86)' folder..) I hope my explaning makes sense to you <:,)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsu View Post
    Oh, yes i am using windows8 laptop. Plus, because i couldn't seem to find DMMdrc 64-bit version (which my latop could've run), i ended up downloading VirtualBox program. And now i have been trying to get the game's 32-bit version to work with windows7 32-bit using my VirtualBox. I have also seen many people making install tutorials with 64-bit versions (or that's how it seems to me, because they had their DMMdrc files in 'program files (x86)' folder..) I hope my explaning makes sense to you <:,)

Yup, that makes sense. I'm sorry for the late reply however.

There is not a 64-bit version of the game unfortunately, but I know someone else who has Windows 8 Laptop, with the same issue. Are you, by chance, using an external monitor or are you just playing the game in the Laptop's screen?

That error message shows up when you're using an external Monitor/LCD screen because Windows has a generic driver installed. It's not compatible.

And you're correct that the game usually installs in \Program Files (x86)\ for 32-Bit programs. In fact, I'd also suggest NOT installing it there for compatibility sake and into a different folder alltogether like... C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\ ... Just makes patching English games easier...

The Crack for the game was made by a Chinese hacking group called "otomedream", so the EXE may have been flagged as a virus (when it's not). IT's possible that it might cause errors if you have an Antivirus program that doesn't like it.

I'll have to investigate VirtualBox myself, as I've never used it before. Let me know if you get it working through there or not.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yup, that makes sense. I'm sorry for the late reply however.

There is not a 64-bit version of the game unfortunately, but I know someone else who has Windows 8 Laptop, with the same issue. Are you, by chance, using an external monitor or are you just playing the game in the Laptop's screen?

That error message shows up when you're using an external Monitor/LCD screen because Windows has a generic driver installed. It's not compatible.

And you're correct that the game usually installs in \Program Files (x86)\ for 32-Bit programs. In fact, I'd also suggest NOT installing it there for compatibility sake and into a different folder alltogether like... C:\Games\NitroplusCHiRAL\ ... Just makes patching English games easier...

The Crack for the game was made by a Chinese hacking group called "otomedream", so the EXE may have been flagged as a virus (when it's not). IT's possible that it might cause errors if you have an Antivirus program that doesn't like it.

I'll have to investigate VirtualBox myself, as I've never used it before. Let me know if you get it working through there or not.
    Thank you for all the help this far! I feel so happy when someone is really trying to help me solve my problem :,) But. If the crach is chinese, then should i set my locale as chinese instead of japan? I think i'll at least give it a try.. I'll report right away if i manage to make any progress with my problem. thaks

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Thank you for all the help this far! I feel so happy when someone is really trying to help me solve my problem :,) But. If the crach is chinese, then should i set my locale as chinese instead of japan? I think i'll at least give it a try.. I'll report right away if i manage to make any progress with my problem. thaks
    The crack was made by a Chinese group, yes, but it was made into a Japanese program. The game wouldn't run without the proper encoding, basically.

I want to ask again, do you have a monitor hooked up to your laptop or not?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Nope. Swiching from local from japanese to chinese didn't make any difference. Or should i maybe try differen't 'version' of it..? I mean, there were few of those chinese languages to select. Though i have no idea what's the difference between them. If my computer really would think crack as virus, then how could i get the problem fixed?
    And is that even possible if i don't have antivirus installed? (I mean, i still have some of my Norton's trial time left so i haven't installed antivirus yet.)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

The crack was made by a Chinese group, yes, but it was made into a Japanese program. The game wouldn't run without the proper encoding, basically.

I want to ask again, do you have a monitor hooked up to your laptop or not?
    Oh, i'm sorry..! I compeletely forgot to tell that. And anwser is that no, i don't have monitor hooked up to my laptop.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Nope. Swiching from local from japanese to chinese didn't make any difference. Or should i maybe try differen't 'version' of it..? I mean, there were few of those chinese languages to select. Though i have no idea what's the difference between them. If my computer really would think crack as virus, then how could i get the problem fixed?
    And is that even possible if i don't have antivirus installed? (I mean, i still have some of my Norton's trial time left so i haven't installed antivirus yet.)
    Is Norton running? I use Microsoft Security Essentials for mine, and I find it works really well. It's also 100% free also, and doesn't take up much memory.

Let's see... Are you running a laptop with an Intel HD Graphics card? (Do you know?) If you don't know, would you be able to say your laptop's model number? I've found that Intel HD Graphics cards don't like DMMd... Just from other people talking about it. It might just be a driver issue. Perhaps a driver update?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Is Norton running? I use Microsoft Security Essentials for mine, and I find it works really well. It's also 100% free also, and doesn't take up much memory.

Let's see... Are you running a laptop with an Intel HD Graphics card? (Do you know?) If you don't know, would you be able to say your laptop's model number? I've found that Intel HD Graphics cards don't like DMMd... Just from other people talking about it. It might just be a driver issue. Perhaps a driver update?
    Uhhh... If i said i know what that Intel HD Graphics card thingy is, i'd be lying. I'm sorry about that, especially when english isn't my main language, so it takes little time to sometimes find out what sometings means and stuff.. hehe ^^' But i do know that my lap top's model number is '17--j005eo' . Hope this was helpful, please tell me if you need to know something else. And my norton is running, as far as i know, at least.

I looked into it a little, and apparently, it seems that there's no Microsoft Security Essentials avaible for windows 8. Instead, there's program named 'Windows defender'. The next part i copied from window's homepage.
    "Antivirus protection now included for your PC

In Windows 8, Windows Defender replaces Microsoft Security Essentials. Windows Defender runs in the background and notifies you when you need to take specific action. However, you can use it anytime to scan for malware if your computer isn’t working properly or you clicked a suspicious link online or in an email message."
    Last edited by hamsu; 01-22-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Uhhh... If i said i know what that Intel HD Graphics card thingy is, i'd be lying. I'm sorry about that, especially when english isn't my main language, so it takes little time to sometimes find out what sometings means and stuff.. hehe ^^' But i do know that my lap top's model number is '17--j005eo' . Hope this was helpful, please tell me if you need to know something else. And my norton is running, as far as i know, at least.
    No worries. ^_^; There are lots of people who don't speak English as their first language here.

OK, so it looks like you might have an HP Envy 17".

Does this look familiar? (HP Envy 17-j005eo med extra garanti - Hewlett Packard - Dator med mera hos Billigteknik.se)

Graphics card seems to be an nVidia... So let's see about maybe updating the graphics driver!

Drivers | GeForce <-- Head here and find the green button marked "AUTO DETECT GPU". This should help find the proper driver for your card. Download and install it. Let's see if that helps fix the strange DirectX issue.

EDIT: Hope I catch you here... If the GeForce website says that it doesn't find an nVidia or GeForce card, then your laptop has an Intel HD graphics. I'll find the proper driver for that.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu BAM Click on the blue button.

Download ONE or the EITHER. If you don't have nVidia card, use Intel link. If you don't have Intel, use nVidia.
    Last edited by Kojichan; 01-22-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast