aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shift-Jis?

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Keisuke TnC (L1)Heart 1 (Red)Akira TnC (L1)
    Morinaga (L9)Heart 1 (Red)Tatsumi Souichi (L6)
    (S004) TakiX Classic Italics (Black)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    The English Patch for TnC is actually a 3-step process that starts with updating the game engine to Version 1.01. Second, an EXE for an Image Patch will need to be run. And then Thirdly, you need to copy the English script pack file into the folder. There should have been a PDF guide with the English Patch on how to apply everything.

Compare your install folder of TnC to a working folder like this one:
    Attachment 159692
    Make sure the file sizes are the same, and the files/folders are all there. ^_^ Hope that helps.
    Hi, I was wondering if you can help me??
    I've got the game running in japanese just fine, but everytime I apply the patch I get a word wrap issue. when I download the TNC image patch it doesnt fix it but instead adds a space between all the letters?
    my folder looks like this
    dedede.png
    wewewe.png

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanah77771 View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if you can help me??
    I've got the game running in japanese just fine, but everytime I apply the patch I get a word wrap issue. when I download the TNC image patch it doesnt fix it but instead adds a space between all the letters?
    my folder looks like this
    dedede.png
    wewewe.png
    Hmm, at first glance it looks like you have both the original (script.pak - 932kb) AND the English patch script (script (2).pak - 1,059kb) files there. Replace the original one either by overwriting it completely with the English, or rename the old script.pak to something else like, script.BAK instead, then put the english script.pak in the folder.

The game reads any file with a PAK file extension, so if both are there it'll get confused.

Try running the game without the English graphic patch, but just the English script.pak file put in place.

Lastly, it looks like you have the Windows Vista/Windows 7 version of Togainu no Chi. (I don't know if having the Vista support update edition makes a difference or not, because I don't have it myself, personally.)

While the game is running in Japanese fine, could you pop into the config window, and select the second from the last tab for the version number? Write out both the System number, and the Script version if you can! (Or take a screenshot, whichever is easiest. XD)

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Hmm, at first glance it looks like you have both the original (script.pak - 932kb) AND the English patch script (script (2).pak - 1,059kb) files there. Replace the original one either by overwriting it completely with the English, or rename the old script.pak to something else like, script.BAK instead, then put the english script.pak in the folder.

The game reads any file with a PAK file extension, so if both are there it'll get confused.

Try running the game without the English graphic patch, but just the English script.pak file put in place.

Lastly, it looks like you have the Windows Vista/Windows 7 version of Togainu no Chi. (I don't know if having the Vista support update edition makes a difference or not, because I don't have it myself, personally.)

While the game is running in Japanese fine, could you pop into the config window, and select the second from the last tab for the version number? Write out both the System number, and the Script version if you can! (Or take a screenshot, whichever is easiest. XD)
    I uninstalled everything and tried patching the game without the english graphics patch like you suggested, WOW I don't know how but after i took your advise and renamed the original script.pak to script.bak it worked!!
    It was the most simple fix ever! XD
    I dont know how to thank you, you have been so helpful ^.^

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Alanah77771 View Post
    I uninstalled everything and tried patching the game without the english graphics patch like you suggested, WOW I don't know how but after i took your advise and renamed the original script.pak to script.bak it worked!!
    It was the most simple fix ever! XD
    I dont know how to thank you, you have been so helpful ^.^
    You're very welcome! ^_^ I'm also very glad that the game works for you!

And, actually, since I noticed you have the newer Togainu no Chi game since you bought it, would you be willing to share just the EXE and DLL with me, please?

I'm curious about if it's any different from the existing one that's on the internet. I want to poke around in it, but I can't find it myself.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

You're very welcome! ^_^ I'm also very glad that the game works for you!

And, actually, since I noticed you have the newer Togainu no Chi game since you bought it, would you be willing to share just the EXE and DLL with me, please?

I'm curious about if it's any different from the existing one that's on the internet. I want to poke around in it, but I can't find it myself.
    sure! but im not entirely sure how to share the files, if you show me how I will send it to you

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

sorry forgot to post this before
    tttt.png

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Sent you a PM with instructions! ^^

And thanks for the screenshot! Interesting to know that it's a newer system version (as expected), and I'm sure the Script version is due to the English patch. It might be newer if the English patch wasn't there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123