aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

(S003) LelouchPray for JapanAtobe (L6)
    Asuka (L5)Gian (L4)Ivan (L4)
    JJ (L1)
    Yeah, it seems like the game is stuck running midway somehow by something blocking it when it should open up in seconds. Though you can't even initialize task manager no matter how much you wait after starting up Omerta...? It can't be a problem with lacking Windows updates, as I never updated WinXP by mine...and I had no issues.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Sentarou Kawabuchi (L1)X Standard (Black)Kaoru Nishimi (L1)
    Rei Ryugazaki (L4)Heart 6 (Devil)Nagisa Hazuki (L4)
    Jiki (L2)Arata Wataya (L4)Kusakabe (L8)
    Do you have any extra virus programs or anything protecting program that may not like it? :/ Maybe someone already asked that. Probably. It's really weird. If you can run any other BL game you shouldn't have any problem running this. Even I managed to figure out how to fix the saving. Plus for some reason I don't even need to play with the patch anymore.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Louise (L9)Katsuya (L10)Mr.R (L9)
    Sephiroth (L8)Aerith (L6)Vincent (L8)
    (S025) OzakiThor (L9)Chocobo
    Task manager does work - or at least it opens up alright, but I cannot end the 'omerta_M' process at all (no matter what i try) and if I'm running the 'lunch.exe' program and click the option that starts with 'DVD', it immediately makes the lunch.exe program 'not responding' and if I try to close it through task manager Applications, it doesn't close.

As mentioned, my WinXP is fully updated, so that can't be the problem..

Very very strange! besides my antivirus, I can't think of what could possibly be causing this issue as I don't have any other programs running. I tried completely disabling the antivirus as-well, but as mentioned - that doesn't help either.

Could you maybe suggest what could possibly be blocking it? I've already added it as an exception to the windows firewall, disabled my antivirus completely, etc.. anything else that it could be?

I've never had this issue with any other BL game before either..

Yaoi Lover

Savings

avast asked me if I trusted the program, and I checked so that it would open it "normally". You might wanna try turning your virus program off and maybe disconnect your internet and then try playing the game. If you already haven't. If it still doesn't work, at least you know it's not that.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Already tried both those things with no luck.

I'm going to try to re-download the entire program again and see if that makes any difference. according to a thread I was reading (from someone who seemed to have a similar problem with another program) using a download accelerator - like i was - can sometimes cause a little bit of data corruption that will occasionally make a program unable to run properly. So I'll try just a regular download & see how that goes. God I hope that's what's a matter because I think I may be going slightly crazy trying to figure this one out! XD

Yaoi Lover

Savings

You should just try downloading it normally then.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

(S003) LelouchPray for JapanAtobe (L6)
    Asuka (L5)Gian (L4)Ivan (L4)
    JJ (L1)
    Quote Originally Posted by eriberri View Post
    Already tried both those things with no luck.

I'm going to try to re-download the entire program again and see if that makes any difference. according to a thread I was reading (from someone who seemed to have a similar problem with another program) using a download accelerator - like i was - can sometimes cause a little bit of data corruption that will occasionally make a program unable to run properly. So I'll try just a regular download & see how that goes. God I hope that's what's a matter because I think I may be going slightly crazy trying to figure this one out! XD
    Well, that would be strange then as the few times I've had download managers corrupt files...it shouldn't have even let you install/unpack the file. But still probably worth trying out, afterwards setting it as trusted by your antivirus

Though shouldn't you be be able to shutdown by using the task manager?

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

found the solution!! It turns out it's a process called "MsdnResponder.exe" taking up 50% of cpu, it was Apple/iPod 'Bonjour Service' that was causing the problem (seems to have caused the problem for other people too). By ending the process tree and then starting the game it works fine! oh my lord I could weep for joy!!

Thank you so much to both of you for bearing with me while i figured this out and for all your suggestions!! You were great!

Ahh I'm so happy - off to play!

P.s - I totally forgot you can shut down from task manager - but considering I couldn't end/close any other programs while that issue was happening anyway, I'm guessing it wouldn't have worked thru task manager either.
    Last edited by eriberri; 05-16-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

np, happy playing. ^^

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

now to wait on that /h code..

EDIT: I can't reply to your private message Seny - you have no more room in your inbox (delete some messages!), so I'll just say it here. The /h code is a needed for AGTH -in this case anyway- to extract the text properly as currently AGTH is coming up with missing characters. AGTH is a text extraction program that then uses Atlas to translate (in other words - allowing you to read the text of the game in English). What are you using if not AGTH? or can you just read Japanese that well?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast