aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Sephiroth (L8)Sion (L9)Moonlight
    Nezumi (L8)Izaya (L3)Shizuo (L8)
    Lavi (L8)Kanda (L4)Mikaela Hyakuya (L8)
    Quote Originally Posted by eliddell View Post
    If you could install it before, and can't now, it's probably because the first installation left traces behind. Check your registry for leftover keys, and your hard drive for hidden files.
    It still doesn't work and shows me "The Sims 2 is already installed. Please uninstall The Sims 2 before installing The Sims 2 Deluxe." but there's not The Sims 2 on it anymore.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

I still think the uninstall didn't manage to remove something (well, that pretty much has to be what happened, or there would be no sign the game was ever installed in the first place!) If you've run CCleaner since completing the uninstall and it's still complaining, you may need to check the registry by hand using regedit or similar. Search for any key mentioning Sims in any variation--but don't delete anything unless and until you've backed up your registry. Also check--by hand, and with all files visible (Show Hidden Files and Show Hidden System Files, or whatever those options have become these days for what passes for a file mangl--er, manager--in whatever Windows version you're using)--in your personal documents directory, in the system's temporary directory, and in the location where you had The Sims 2 installed (and in the location where the expansion packs were installed, if it's different somehow), and rename anything that looks suspicious (don't delete it unless you're really sure it isn't anything important, though, and make a note of the original name). As a last resort, if you remember when you originally installed The Sims 2, check the Windows directories for anything that suddenly appeared there on the same date, but be even more careful about moving/renaming anything here, as, like doing incautious things with the registry, it could really hose your system.

Another possibility: Are there any related programs (configuration utilities, demos for other games, whatever) that were installed on your system along with The Sims 2 but have separate entries in the Add/Remove menu? If there are, you may need to uninstall those as well.

(Does anyone who's had this specific problem before have any better/easier ideas? I'm speaking from a general knowledge of things that happened to me in older versions of Windows here . . . )

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Kakashi (L7)
    Kakashi (L6)Ramen 1Kakashi (young) (L3)
    PikachuZevran Arainai (L8)Fenris (L6)
    Try following this

I don't know if you have to be registered to view this, but it has the best references for the game.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by eliddell View Post
    I still think the uninstall didn't manage to remove something (well, that pretty much has to be what happened, or there would be no sign the game was ever installed in the first place!) If you've run CCleaner since completing the uninstall and it's still complaining, you may need to check the registry by hand using regedit or similar. Search for any key mentioning Sims in any variation--but don't delete anything unless and until you've backed up your registry. Also check--by hand, and with all files visible (Show Hidden Files and Show Hidden System Files, or whatever those options have become these days for what passes for a file mangl--er, manager--in whatever Windows version you're using)--in your personal documents directory, in the system's temporary directory, and in the location where you had The Sims 2 installed (and in the location where the expansion packs were installed, if it's different somehow), and rename anything that looks suspicious (don't delete it unless you're really sure it isn't anything important, though, and make a note of the original name). As a last resort, if you remember when you originally installed The Sims 2, check the Windows directories for anything that suddenly appeared there on the same date, but be even more careful about moving/renaming anything here, as, like doing incautious things with the registry, it could really hose your system.

Another possibility: Are there any related programs (configuration utilities, demos for other games, whatever) that were installed on your system along with The Sims 2 but have separate entries in the Add/Remove menu? If there are, you may need to uninstall those as well.

(Does anyone who's had this specific problem before have any better/easier ideas? I'm speaking from a general knowledge of things that happened to me in older versions of Windows here . . . )
    Tried that, hoping it would work, but it didn't. D:

Quote Originally Posted by wawayaya View Post
    Try following this

I don't know if you have to be registered to view this, but it has the best references for the game.
    I already did that and it only helped me with deleting the game.

My father decided now - because my system had to be re-done anyway - that we will reinstall Windows (_ _)
    Sorry that no one could help me D:

Anyway, if someone still has an idea, s/he can tell me.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Squall (L10)(S009) HaviKakashi (L10)
    Iruka (L1)Shikamaru (L2)Cloud (L4)
    Renji (L6)Zevran Arainai (L8)L (L4)
    I guess I'm late for your Sims but it's really useful: Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems.
    Hope that'll solve any future problem about uninstalling programs.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenrose View Post
    I guess I'm late for your Sims but it's really useful: Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems.
    Hope that'll solve any future problem about uninstalling programs.
    Yush! I finally can install it (And I could convince my father that I don't need a new windows.) It sought everywhere for Sims-files and found a folder in another game folder. ><

Thank you <3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12