aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auction

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Well I think it should have went to a vote or something. Or even made into it's own area then. I personally hate this change and will find myself less likely to want to run my auctions now. I haven't encountered much bidding problems and I have talked to others that say the same as me. I had two auctions planned to start soon and now I dunno if I want to since this wasn't fully discussed among the whole forum I would have liked to have my say before this happened as auctions are one of the main things I do (when I have time).

Mordor
    It was actually brought up in here, where Dai came to the conclusion of moving the auctions.

Minor edits not documented in auctions thread - aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection - Bugs Reports

Also, it is in the rules that you should start a new auction-thread every time.

"Reminder to please start a new thread for each auction. This helps us reduce server load as we are able to delete old auctions, instead of having many active threads with lots of posts."
    Last edited by Mordor; 05-25-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

I was going by these rules --> http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f31/t9...ion-rules.html and it doesn't state they had to be made everytime. It just says they had to be closed which I already talked about in here lol.

"*Auctions and Requests must be posted in the Auction or Request section and MUST be closed once the auction has ended or the request has been fulfilled. There is no limit on number of threads you can have in the auction or request sections."

And also, a discussion about the edits in the bug report area does not mean it was a site discussion. That was something only talked about between a couple people and not among everyone else on the forum or who run the auctions. Not everyone goes into the bug area since it's for bug reporting.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Nurarihyon (L9)Spacer 1Rikuo (L9)
    Spacer 1Gyuki (L8)Spacer 1
    (S069) MasayukiRihan (L10)Moonlight
    'reminder to please start a new thread....this helps us...threads with lots of posts' -suggestion/preference
    vs
    'a new thread must be started for every single auction....to reduce the load on the server' - a rule
    at least this is how i see it :o

Auctions.....MUST be closed once the auction has ended or the request has been fulfilled. There is no limit on number of threads you can have in the auction or request sections.
    ambiguity with closing permanently or just labelling [closed] >..>
    plus the next sentence '....no limit....' which puts more weigh onto the later one Orz

hmm.. sorry if i offend anyone here Dx but this is just me reading the 'rules' and how i interprete it.

ps: i'm bit lost here,,, have we gone off the topic - -

Mordor
    The post was there open, and Dai mentioned this option. It was a good chance as any to voice out negative opinions. It was also in the last post-area for a good while, so even if one does not go to the section itself, it was clearly visible on the mainpage of the forum.

And well, even if it is not a rule as such, but more a guideline, it's still written by a mod and in my opinion should be followed. Those are mentioned for a reason, and we should help the mods do their job to our best capacity. That's how I see it. :)
    Last edited by Mordor; 05-26-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Charley (L8)Nano (L5)Maes Hughes (L6)
    Aomine (L10)Shiki (L9)Badou (L5)
    (S025) OzakiNaoki (L5)Ryuunosuke (L5)

I agree with Twinstar though, I am always checking the New Posts section but probably missed the thread because of the time zone difference. There probably should have been a sticky of some sort of notice in the auction area before they suddenly moved it.
    I suppose now we don't have a choice but to start a new thread every time and do bids updates via post etc etc, I just don't like how it's a little "you didn't ask so we didn't tell" kind of decision.

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

Scrap everything that was done and said.

Both the Contests and Auctions forum now only let the first post editable. Yay.

Took awhile to code up a plugin for it, but I guess it's worth it.
    I tested it several times already, but not sure yet. Please tell me if it's not working like it should. Only first post can be edited if the thread is open. Everyone else should not be able to edit their own post.

8. + Show/Hide thank you list

Kalypso
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai-kun View Post
    Scrap everything that was done and said.

Both the Contests and Auctions forum now only let the first post editable. Yay.

Took awhile to code up a plugin for it, but I guess it's worth it.
    I tested it several times already, but not sure yet. Please tell me if it's not working like it should. Only first post can be edited if the thread is open. Everyone else should not be able to edit their own post.
    AWESOME! I'm not an auctioner, so I don't care much for the auction issue, but I LOVE you for making first posts editable in the contest section. <33 Makes things a lot easier! Thank you, Dai! Your hard work is appreciated!
    Everyone should be happy now...

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

I haven't tried it out yet (not on my computer right now) but I am very happy to hear about this. That will make things a lot better for the contests too. Thanks Dai and sorry for being a pain in the butt

Kadaj_chan
    Oh thank you very much! specially this makes things easier for contests since some of them are multi-round contests the option of moving it back and forth between contest area and graveyard was kinda hard XD not because of laziness but because some times one would get scared that mistakenly move it to some other place of the forum

thanks for the new option

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast