Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auction

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Charley (L8)Nano (L5)Maes Hughes (L6)
    Aomine (L10)Shiki (L9)Badou (L5)
    (S025) OzakiNaoki (L5)Ryuunosuke (L5)

Auction

Hiya, I noticed that the auction section of the forum has now been moved under Contests to prevent editing. Though the concept is good, is there not a way to make it so that the thread creator can edit their posts? It is irritating to have to move the thread in order to edit it, and having a new thread each auction is just a waste of time. Please make it how it used to be? There hasn't been an major problems with bidders editing, has there?
    Thank you very much for your consideration!

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

I completely agree. When I run my auctions I edit my first post a lot. I don't want to have to move my thread all the time just to edit the bids on the first post. I never had an issue with others editing their bids since I had it in the rules. For those who don't have that rule in their auction, then it's bound to happen. There has only been one auction that I've been in for a long time that had others editing their posts. Other than that, I never see it.

And to make a thread for each auction, I won't do that. I hate having to rewrite everything out instead of just using the same one over again (except when it reaches 1000 posts +). Sorry but having the auctions in the contests area makes more work for the ones running it when they have enough to do already.

Mordor
    I on the hand saw quite a few members taking advance on the fact that if they're really quick with their editing, there won't be any edited-notice. Even if it was in the rules, people did it. There was also time where I held an auction, and members had not read the rules properly, that clearly said no editing (it was the only rule ), and edited their posts. I agree that it's quite a pain to move the thread when you want to edit something, but it beats the alternative in my opinion.

Also, the rule that you have to start a new auction-thread every time, has been there even before this if I remember right. Some people just don't follow it.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Hmm I can see how editing can be a problem, which is why I think there should be a way to make it that ONLY the auctioneer, aka the thread creator, can edit their posts. Everyone else can't. That'll solves everything. Though I've never seen anyone edit their bid, plus if they do wouldn't all the other bidders notice and report them?
    And honestly, starting a new thread each auction is a pain...I never bothered, I didn't know it was a rule though but I think a lot of people just do their own thing so it should be ok ^^ Plus, less threads for the mods to delete later, right?

Either way, I'm not really a fan of the new auction forum changes. But let's see if anything can be done about it eh?

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

It says in the rules that the auction must be closed when it's done but when you think about it, the one who made the auction could close it and reopen it again anyway. It didn't really say that a new thread had to be made once the other one was closed.

I think that if the one running the auction sees edits and catches it, then it's up to them if they enforce it or not. If I saw editing (which I never had a problem with) then I would have just ignored their bid. It's their fault for not following the rules, simple. I find it much more of a hassle the way it is now instead of just warning others or just plain ignoring their bids for not following the rules.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Nurarihyon (L9)Spacer 1Rikuo (L9)
    Spacer 1Gyuki (L8)Spacer 1
    (S069) MasayukiRihan (L10)Moonlight
    raise my hand,,,
    i have edited my bids posts before - - rarely though
    when i mistaken the starting bid price..
    or i have copy pasted other ppl's name while bidding Dx
    i know bidders are not allowed to edit but its just an eyesore to see that mistake there - -

so yeah,,
    i edited but i'm not sure what happened before that restricts bidders from editing their post - -
    one can just ignore edited bids.. simple as that
    and now it is by force.. lets see who will benefit from this..

it feels uncomfortable to see auction section in the contests bit
    dont see the relevance..
    or it is just a matter of time to get used to it D:

Yaoi Expert

Savings

@Twinstar: Pfft but most people can just write [closed] in the title and it's closed, so it is kind of unnecessary to move it and force us to start a new thread each time or be bothered moving a thread back and forth.

@biscuit: Haha I usually just post another post with a quote or something when I make a mistake. I think it's when edits are allowed, people go back and edit their bids after/close to closing and then claim the auctioneer made a mistake and that they're the highest bidder or something like that. And sometimes they can change it without the edited notice appearing. I've never had an issue so I assume it's something like that.
    Even so, it's not a common occurrence and easily clarified, and the change to the section was completely unnecessary I think.

scary momma set addict

Savings

Shihoudani (L4)Illumi (L9)Makishima Yuusuke (L7)
    Kasamatsu (L7)Masrur (L8)Hiko Seijuro (L10)
    Suzuya Jūzō (L8)(S046) Kogitsunemaru(S064) Toono Takashi

the change was made because there were several complaints from auction holders and bidders regarding the editing

as far as the starting a new thread for new auctions, it has been in the auction rules for quite awhile. It really does help reduce server load to start a new thread instead of keeping the same thread since the old threads are able to be deleted then.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by cabbit_girl View Post
    the change was made because there were several complaints from auction holders and bidders regarding the editing

as far as the starting a new thread for new auctions, it has been in the auction rules for quite awhile. It really does help reduce server load to start a new thread instead of keeping the same thread since the old threads are able to be deleted then.
    Oh ok, that makes sense I guess. I don't suppose there's a way to allow the thread creator to edit their posts? I like to keep by bid updates on the first post..

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Sherlock Holmes (L9)Zoro (L10)John Watson (L9)
    Ace (L10)Law (L10)Sanji (L10)
    Sanji (L7)Draco Malfoy (L3)Otoya (L5)

I on the other hand like the idea of this one. because I have been a victim of people changing bids...

honestly with this one, it will cause less drama and less hassle for both the bidders and the auction starter.
    if editing is the problem, then might as well not put the bidding update on the first post..though i do that too, its not really that necessary versus the fact that some people editing their post to ensure their win in auctions...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast