aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Dai-kun has stated previously that we're only using half the server space, so I'm not sure that's an issue... we'd need to hear from him, I guess.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

I don't really feel we need to have three avatars at a time personally. I support the idea of a size increase more. I know I always have to save my avatars in gif format and it takes a lot of the quality out of my pics. When I do save it in png, my files tend to average around 35-40kb so if the limit was raised to 40kb, that would be great I think.

I already upload all my pics to photobucket and use the link instead of uploading it to the site directly. But even when the file is slightly over the limit allowed on the site, I still get the message that it's over the limit.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Pray for JapanTsuna (L10)Ginshu (L10)
    Bonten (L10)Wolfram (L10)Wolfram (L8)
    Wolfram (L1)Ciel (L9)Ciel (L5)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinstar1 View Post
    I don't really feel we need to have three avatars at a time personally. I support the idea of a size increase more. I know I always have to save my avatars in gif format and it takes a lot of the quality out of my pics. When I do save it in png, my files tend to average around 35-40kb so if the limit was raised to 40kb, that would be great I think.

I already upload all my pics to photobucket and use the link instead of uploading it to the site directly. But even when the file is slightly over the limit allowed on the site, I still get the message that it's over the limit.
    Yup, please. Increase the size of avatars. 19.5 is not enough for a simple 120x120 .png avatar (it's usually 20-30 KB big). When saved as gif, the quality drops. When saved as .jpg the quality might be okay only if it's set as best quality at 100% (at least in GIMP), but .jpg does not save the transparency. I can't have a round .jpg avatar because it would have the white square edges that look horrible in the dark fantasy theme. The .gif format supports transparency, but the round edges look ugly.
    So, please. Make the avatar size limit at 30KB.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

I would say to increase it to 40kb for the contributors since our avatar size can be 130x130 and be 29.3kb. But it's still not enough as it is

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Levi (L10)Levi SnK (L8)Erwin SnK (L9)
    Mikasa SnK (L9)Eren Titan (L9)Armin SnK (L9)
    Eren SnK (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L9)Sousuke Yamazaki (L9)
    Not sure where everyone's coming from with the server space concern, since Dai-kun hasn't confirmed it's a problem or anything yet.

Anyway, I think it'd be more fun if I had another avatar or two to show off, instead of frequently rotating only one. I have a couple that I want to feature around the forum, but I don't want to remove my default one right now. Members can also make avatar sets and stuff.

I don't know about the avatar size increase, so long as it isn't too large. Some people have slower computers/internet connections, and large file sizes can take long times to load, making browsing the forum inconvenient.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 12-04-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Rihan (L10)Yuu (L3)Delico (L3)
    Fukuzawa Yukichi (L4)Mikazuki Munechika (L10)Zen (L5)
    Anya Forger (L7)MingJue (L7)(S062) Hasekura Asaya

Balancing between limits of size and a decent result of ava can be annoying and it also would be fun to have more avatars than one at time - moods change etc and it's convinient to have some avas to be used as smilies

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

There won't be any option to change ava's upon posting, and I won't plan for it.

As for size and dimensions limit, I will look at the overall server usage and will increase if it's doable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12