aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Levi (L10)Levi SnK (L8)Erwin SnK (L9)
    Mikasa SnK (L9)Eren Titan (L9)Armin SnK (L9)
    Eren SnK (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L9)Sousuke Yamazaki (L9)

Question about multiple avatars

Would anyone know if it is possible in AF to have multiple avatars for users, kind of like what's featured in LiveJournal? For example, there's one 'default' avatar and a couple more can be selected from a dropdown list when a user is posting.

Not a big thing, but it would be nice to change your avatar once in a while but keep your old one, or feature at least a couple more icons. If the forum can't support something like that, that's fine too.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 12-01-2009 at 09:11 AM.

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Would anyone know if it is possible in phpBB to have multiple avatars for users, kind of like what's featured in LiveJournal?
    For example, there's one 'default' avatar and a couple more can be selected from a dropdown list when a user is posting.
    ... u mean vBulletin?
    - as in you are referring to this site (AF) and not asking a generalized technical question...?

(Question asked only because this is not a phbBB site - hence the request for clarification)
    Last edited by Miko; 12-01-2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Included quote of user's Original post, which was modified after the fact.

Yaoi Devotee

on top of the food chain, sometimes I am :)
    Savings

(S032) RurukaDS_003_(1)topleftShiki TnC (L10)
    DS_003_(3)toprightMookyul (L9)DS_003_(5)bottommiddle
    Rai (L7)Aomine (L10)Yoshimi Suda (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Would anyone know if it is possible in phpBB to have multiple avatars for users, kind of like what's featured in LiveJournal?
    For example, there's one 'default' avatar and a couple more can be selected from a dropdown list when a user is posting.
    Yup, I miss this function here too.^^ It would be nice to wear different avas in different situations.

Mordor
    I'm with Amaterasu, I'd rather have one ava, that is allowed to be better quality than the current one, than 3 or so crappy ones

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Levi (L10)Levi SnK (L8)Erwin SnK (L9)
    Mikasa SnK (L9)Eren Titan (L9)Armin SnK (L9)
    Eren SnK (L9)Rin Matsuoka (L9)Sousuke Yamazaki (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    - as in you are referring to this site (AF) and not asking a generalized technical question...?
    Yes, that's what I meant.

Erotic Devil
    Oh I know what 'cha mean so you want to have an option to switch avatars around whenever ya post or something?

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Shizuo (L2)Izaya (L3)Shizuo (L8)
    Rai (L7)Konoe (L2)Kida (L4)
    Hibari (L2)Yukio (L7)Yamamoto (L7)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordor View Post
    I'm with Amaterasu, I'd rather have one ava, that is allowed to be better quality than the current one, than 3 or so crappy ones
    even though we cannot use png or big size avatars all look fine too me, not crappy at all

maybe there's an option to host the avatars on your own (photobucket, tinypic, imageshack)

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

I think this is a great suggestion and hope it's taken into consideration

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Sebastian (L13)Mookyul (L10)Usami Akihiko (L9)
    (S074) Akihiko KajiTakano (L3)Mikami (L3)
    Kou (L5)Nakajima (L9)Yukimura (L7)
    I also think that 3 avatar per user would take a load onthe server and i much prefer have beter quality avatars and also more server space for more important stuff ... like increased avatar requierments

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Sebastian (L13)Mookyul (L10)Usami Akihiko (L9)
    (S074) Akihiko KajiTakano (L3)Mikami (L3)
    Kou (L5)Nakajima (L9)Yukimura (L7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post

I do like the suggestion about outside hosting though, that'd save a lot of server space if existing avatars also move out on external host, plus we get the kb limit freedom. But this should be optional, or members might complain about lack of easy way to upload avatars. Not everyone wants to deal with the whole hosting outside then putting the link in etc stuff.

I do like this idea too. ANd let's be honest here, if we wre to inquire who has an online pics strage space like photobucket and others, would there really be that many peopel who do not use it ? I mean for worldwide websites like Livejournal for example, if anyone wants to post pics, unless they own a server they must be storing pics somewhere else ! It may take what 3 minutes putting in the links and all for each user who wants this option but then what is 3 minutes compared to the time and sweat Dai-kun would take to code this option ?

I would like to beleive that we aren't that lazy, i mean, I'm all for the "you want it you go get it it" nothing falls out of the sky. THEN if we notice that this is a widely used option for all the users here then yes, why not try to ease the process but we don't really know if this is going such a popular option to add to the site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast