aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Sasuke SB (L6)
    Yukimura SB (L1)Sanji (L7)Zoro (L3)

Thumbnail pic not showing up in new thread

I hope someone can help me with this.

I've recently started posting One Piece doujinshi scanlations done by the group I belong to (SummaRPirates). Everything goes smoothly, except that the thumbnail pic doesn't show up.

I know the pic is supposed to be 250px wide, and I made sure all of them are. But when I put the URL in the "thumbnail URL" field in the New Thread post, it doesn't work. First off, it disappears from the field if I preview the post before submitting it; but I noticed that, and I just put the link in there again before submitting. Still, when I finally submit the post, the thumbnail pic does not show up.

Am I putting in the wrong type of link? Does it need to have [img] tags? Here's an example of what I'm using:

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/t...humbnail-1.jpg

Just the straight URL. Is that the problem?

I think there must be a quick fix for this. IIRC (I've only done this a few times), the pic eventually shows up. But that probably means I screwed something up, and a mod/administrator has had to come in and fix something for me. I'd like to know how to do it properly, so I don't bother the mods! Can someone help me with this?

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)(S019) TinkleWing 1 (Right)
    Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)Spacer 1
    Luffy (L10)Sanji (L9)Ace (L10)

You don't need the [IMG][/IMG] tags. Just paste the link as it is.
    If the link disappear edit your thread and repaste it; submit the post without previewing it. If it doesn't work try another edit.

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Hongou (L10)Yuuya (L10)Kichou (L10)
    Klaus (L10)Taki (L10)Kagerou (L9)
    Wolfram (L10)Kazuki OTRFK (L10)Wataru OTRFK (L10)

You have inserted the wrong link to the thumbnail URL, that is the reason why the thumbnail picture is not showing.

This is the correct format to insert to the thumbnail URL for the above image --> http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/t...APtheBest3.jpg, which is the link you had used for the image uploaded in your post.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Hmm, I'm still confused.

I remember reading a rule that said the thumbnail should be sized as 250pixel width. (In fact, I think it says that again on the posting form itself?) But pics of the doujinshi cover can be pretty much any size because there is something that resizes it for you. So I make a thumbnail JPG at 250px as well as the full-size JPG for each doujinshi cover. Then when I post, I put the (Photobucket) link to the thumbnail JPG in the Thumbnail URL field, and the link to the full-size JPG in the text of my post.

Are you saying that I can use the full-size JPG link in both places?

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

I checked the thumbnail size (250px width) but did not check image size (280px width) cause I thought is the same size since both uploaded to photobucket..

Sorry about confusing you >_<

The best is if you want to use links for both thumbnail and image pic, you can upload the image that is of the size 250px as the rule stated.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Er, but that's what I'm doing -- putting the link in the "thumbnail URL" field -- and yet it doesn't show up when I submit my post. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I see that thumbnail pics are showing up now, for my doujinshi posts, but I assume that is a mod intervening and putting them there -- probably one of you two! I'm thankful for that, but if there were a way to do it myself, I'd like to know, to save you guys the trouble.

Btw, I did try editing one of my posts, after submitting, as gokunaruto suggested, but it has the thumbnail link still in there... so I don't know why it isn't showing up.
    Last edited by irukafan; 11-25-2009 at 08:47 PM.

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

I was the one adding your post's thumbnail pic but I took them out cause your image size is greater than the size allowed.

You should be using the Direct link to insert in the thumbnail URL not others links found in photobucket.

Could you upload an image of the size 250px in width to photobucket for those DJ you had uploaded?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Ha! I see the thumbnail pics are gone again!

The links I was putting into the thumbnail URL field WERE the direct links, so I'm still not sure what's going wrong....

I can get all the links to the thumbnail-size JPGs (250px width), sure. Shall I copy them in here? or do you want me to edit the doujinshi posts and put them back in? (I was just trying to edit "Subway Of The Name On Desire," and the direct link was still in there, if you want to look at that one to examine what I'm putting in there.)

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Just post the links to your posts and I can check there.

I just don't get it since you said you are using the Direct Link why are the links used by you and me looked so different.

Yours --> http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/t...humbnail-1.jpg

Mine --> http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/t...APtheBest3.jpg

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

The difference is because one is the thumbnail JPG (sized down to meet the 250px width guideline), and the other is the cover JPG (which can be any size, because it gets automatically resized... somehow).

I've just copied the links, and I'll go now and insert them in my posts. It looks like Veterinarian Super and Veterinarian Returns are okay, though. But those are merged with the original RAW posts, so I can't do anything to them, anyway.

One of the ones you merged, "Nemure Mori (Sleeping Forest)" doesn't have a thumbnail. I think maybe the original RAW post didn't have a pic? If you can fix that, here is the thumbnail JPG I did for that one:

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/t..._thumbnail.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Okay, I found the problem!!!!

Don't ask me why, or how, but there was a blank space in my thumbnail URL. I've just edited the link into two of the doujinshi posts, and deleted the blank space in the middle of the URLs -- and the thumbnails show up just fine now!!

I will go back and finish editing the other posts, but for the ones where you merged my scanlation post with the original RAW post, can you put in the thumbnail JPGs for those (since I can't edit them myself)? Please?

Those ones would be:

Nemure Mori (Sleeping Forest)
    link:

-and-

Choroi Yatsu
    link:

Thank you very much for helping me with this. I don't know why my links are screwed up, but at least I've figured out how to fix them. Thanks again!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast