aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by aarinfantasy View Post
    Would like to know the exact thread you been on... because someone might have a pic posted that linked it to that "www.venmint.com" site which your anti virus detected as virus.
    Possibly, but I'm unsure because it happened once when I went to the Aaringirls Life Experiances thread in community cafe ~page71 (not sure) but it happened a second time (this time with norton, first with avast) when I went to just the general community cafe forum. So two different places it happened.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Quote Originally Posted by foxyfourth4 View Post
    Possibly, but I'm unsure because it happened once when I went to the Aaringirls Life Experiances thread in community cafe ~page71 (not sure) but it happened a second time (this time with norton, first with avast) when I went to just the general community cafe forum. So two different places it happened.
    I suspected a source but still not 100% sure, may need you to try something for me:

Can you check this page if you get the warning:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f18/t1...-18-a-p73.html
    and
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f18/t1...-18-a-p72.html
    and
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f18/t1...-18-a-p71.html

Tell me if any of this does not have the warning.
    All of them are from AarinGirls life experiences thread.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by aarinfantasy View Post
    I suspected a source but still not 100% sure, may need you to try something for me:

Can you check this page if you get the warning:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f18/t1...-18-a-p73.html
    and
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f18/t1...-18-a-p72.html
    and
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f18/t1...-18-a-p71.html

Tell me if any of this does not have the warning.
    All of them are from AarinGirls life experiences thread.
    No but I'm definite I got the warning from one of those 3 pages, I think it was page 71. (Also I clicked all the links in those threads to test if I got the virus from those sites, no warnings though)

Also, a theory I have to support the idea that I got the virus from an advertiser is this:
    After I did a complete restore and came back to the forum, I got a warning again (same warning). Then I left the forum quick, came back to test one more time and got no warning, BUT all the advertisements were for anti-virus software (which I thought was fishy) and the virus that I had gotten was called "Win 7 anti-virus 2012". Coincidence? I hope this helps.

Halite75
    I frequent that thread a lot and haven't had any warnings. I have advertisements turned off though. No one else in the thread has mentioned anything either.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

physically: Berlin; mentally: Skyhold/Frostback Mountains
    Savings

Dorian Pavus (L9)The Iron Bull (L3)Cullen Rutherford (L6)
    Fenris (L6)Hawke (L2)Anders (L4)
    (Event) Forum - JuzumaruZevran Arainai (L8)Wolfwood (L10)

I remember having the same warning once, but it was several months ago...
    so I don't remember, where I had that warning exactly

Only thing that I DO remember is, that a friend sugested to install addblock plus add-on and additionally the addblock plus pop-up blocker and since then I never had a warning again

I use firefox (just to prevent the question)

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Charley (L8)Nano (L5)Maes Hughes (L6)
    Aomine (L10)Shiki (L9)Badou (L5)
    (S025) OzakiNaoki (L5)Ryuunosuke (L5)

I also have avast, though I have NoScript add-on installed on my Firefox (it's free to download), which blocks all the ads, and I haven't had a problem with the forums, even in the chat section. From the sounds of it it could very well be from one of the ads....hopefully it can be traced and stopped soon.

Yaoi Devotee
    Do you know in the Seireitei, where the Third Division is? I live in the fukutaicho's bed!
    Savings

Kira (L5)Heart 1 (Blue)Hisagi (L7)
    Kakashi (L10)Armored Titan (L8)Gunji (L6)
    Colossal Titan (L9)Grimmjow (L4)Hollow
    Quote Originally Posted by foxyfourth4 View Post
    No but I'm definite I got the warning from one of those 3 pages, I think it was page 71. (Also I clicked all the links in those threads to test if I got the virus from those sites, no warnings though)

Also, a theory I have to support the idea that I got the virus from an advertiser is this:
    After I did a complete restore and came back to the forum, I got a warning again (same warning). Then I left the forum quick, came back to test one more time and got no warning, BUT all the advertisements were for anti-virus software (which I thought was fishy) and the virus that I had gotten was called "Win 7 anti-virus 2012". Coincidence? I hope this helps.
    I frequent that thread a lot, and was actually part of the talk in those links, and I didn't had anything. I also have addblock so I'll assume it's the adds. And if the ad had teh same name as the virus, there's the answer! =)

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Hmm looks like it's one of the ads... will check on that.
    Thanks for the info!~

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Spacer 1Laguna (L6)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Pray for JapanSpacer 1
    Spacer 1(S001) Endo(S002) Misaki
    The easy way to avoid something like this in the future is to use FF or Chrome and have NoScript or AdBlockPlus. Both work, only if you used sites like MangaFox you will have to configure NoScript a little to get it to work. (well at least I did)

That virus likes to hide in ads. It makes it go around faster without being detected most times.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

POTM - 1 StarMakima (L10)SOTM - 2 Stars
    Denji (L9)Power (L7)Aki Hayakawa (L8)
    Makima (L9)Makima (L8)Gojo Satoru (L9)

Noscript + adblock will keep you at bay from any type of fishy stuff, not just at af but everywhere. I don't see ads on any site I go to, I've set the blocker to block every ad by default. Most of these cases happen when the virus is triggered from the ads a site/forum hosts or clicking the link people posted and not the site itself. It's a common problem with most big forums that host a lot of ads to generate revenue, that is why they've reporting options accessible readily to immediately report faulty ads. If a site has been breached the effect will be massive and multiple users will have the same issue. Also make sure you've a good anti virus set to automatically terminate any attempt/download/activity it finds fishy and not wait for an action update from you. If it's giving false alert, you can always update your white list later. The damage has to be stopped before the virus gets to your computer, because damage control later doesn't always help.
    Malwarebytes and spybot S&D are two good programs to remove all type of malware and registry trackbacks.
    Last edited by Schneider; 12-13-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast