aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

yeah thanks for the tips guys, i thought avast had everything covered. Also to note, I use firefox with no adblocker or anything so that could further point to ads being the problem.

InfestedFaerie
    I've also been getting a virus from one of the ads on here.

Yaoi Amateur

AF Forum-on community cafe street at the corner of Onestop Shop Ave.
    Savings

Kagami Keiichi (L8)Kenshin (L9)Mookyul (L10)
    Ewon (L10)Mookyul (L9)#2
    MoonlightMookyul (L8)Hamlet
    Avast is very good, I use it also but I also use malwarebytes. Avast won't catch it but malwarebytes does. anyone having a problem with it may try that as it is a program that is solely designed for trojans.

Yaoi Amateur

Rutledge Private Clinic and Asylum's Disturbed Ward
    Savings

DS_003_(1)topleftDS_003_(2)topmiddleDS_003_(3)topright
    DS_003_(4)bottomleftDS_003_(5)bottommiddleDS_003_(6)bottomright
    DS_001_leftDS_001_midDS_001_right
    Would just like to add my two cents here. I got the same trojan a few days ago, but from a completely different site (deviantArt). Ads were likely to blame for that as well. I reformatted the hard drive because the virus kept pinging my network looking for another computer to spread to. If you get this thing, don't take the chance. Just use your recovery CDs and start over. It's a pain, but it'll wipe the trojan off.

Use Adblocker, it's your best bet against (re)infection. There's also a version for Chrome now, for those who prefer it over FF.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    I guess I have been very luck....but I do use ad-aware's live protect and that stops such things...it makes me sad to hear that ads spread far more trojans and viruses than any thing out on the net

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Sebastian (L6)Matt (L2)Kanda (L4)
    Tyki (L6)Mello (L4)Suzuki-san
    Tres (L5)Shiki (L2)Nowaki (L3)
    I was hit by that SAME virus and it totally screwed up my laptop (and old one but still screwed it up) this past Friday. (Not from this site) It's been a complete nightmare and I've wondered is there a way to totally get free of it. I thought all was well when I used Nortons ESAT, but then I couldn't get online at all (Kaspersky slowed me to a crawl ). (crap) So I have scraped the idea and wondering if I should take it to have it 'professionally' cleaned or what. At any rate who ever is responsible for creating this virus should be tarred and feathered!

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by SweetFetishDoll View Post
    I was hit by that SAME virus and it totally screwed up my laptop (and old one but still screwed it up) this past Friday. (Not from this site) It's been a complete nightmare and I've wondered is there a way to totally get free of it. I thought all was well when I used Nortons ESAT, but then I couldn't get online at all (Kaspersky slowed me to a crawl ). (crap) So I have scraped the idea and wondering if I should take it to have it 'professionally' cleaned or what. At any rate who ever is responsible for creating this virus should be tarred and feathered!
    well ...the only real way to get rid of such a virus is to do a total reformatt of your drive ...then re-install your operating system ..... if your not able to do this yourself ...you'll need a "pro" to do it...then before doing anything else please try the lava-soft product ..its both ani-virus and a mal-ware/trojan remover ...very good too and free...plus it can be fully removed from your PC or Mac with ease....there are others out there,free too ..but I find that one abit better than the others

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Sebastian (L6)Matt (L2)Kanda (L4)
    Tyki (L6)Mello (L4)Suzuki-san
    Tres (L5)Shiki (L2)Nowaki (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by lemur7 View Post
    well ...the only real way to get rid of such a virus is to do a total reformatt of your drive ...then re-install your operating system .....
    Hey there!

Yep the whole reformat idea actually sounds a lot better to me especially after something that EVIL!!!! Sorry for my tardiness in responding but I have been down with a case of walking pneumonia and I'm just getting up and around now. So today for me is Christmas (yay) and I'm just getting back online. And I thanks for the suggestion of the Lava product. But does this mean I can't tar and feather the one responsible?? LOL

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Shinohara Keiji (L13)Sebastian (L13)(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(Event) IRC - Ritsu(Event) Forum - Morinaga
    (S036) Kaneki KenCharley (L8)(Event) Forum - Tatsumi Souichi

From what foxyfourth4 mentioned, I remember seeing something called 'Suspicious Browser Fingerprinting 3' alert on the corner of my computer but it was blocked and I made nothing of it. After it happened, it keep popping up it, but my antivirus blocked it, and I wasn't even on the forum when this happened (I was reading manga online on a site similar to MangaFox). Ugh this was a while ago, I don't really remember much after that. Can anyone tell me what Suspicious Browser Fingerprinting 3 even is?

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by SweetFetishDoll View Post
    Hey there!

Yep the whole reformat idea actually sounds a lot better to me especially after something that EVIL!!!! Sorry for my tardiness in responding but I have been down with a case of walking pneumonia and I'm just getting up and around now. So today for me is Christmas (yay) and I'm just getting back online. And I thanks for the suggestion of the Lava product. But does this mean I can't tar and feather the one responsible?? LOL
    Oh-yes! ..~hands over hot tar and feathers~...
    @Crisislover ... that "finger printing" is an action trying to take over your browser( kinda like a virus .. its a malware to be exact)..its a rather old on at that..it gives you redirects and a zillion pop ups and can do all kinds of nasty things....good that your computer is blocking it! ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123